‹ Prequel: Oh Em Gee
Status: Only a few more chapters left.

What the Frank

Trepidation

{Third person’s P.O.V}

“Thanks for letting me stay here, man.” Frank said after swallowing the last piece of omelet that was on his plate. Aiden had been nice enough to wash Frank’s clothes and cook him breakfast. Frank was so lucky that he’d bumped into Aiden, or else he probably would’ve been mugged.

“No problem.” Aiden said as he placed all of his dirty dishes into the soapy dishwater, grabbing Frank’s once he noticed that he was done.

“I should be heading home now.” Frank said as he got up from his seat.

“Do you need a ride?” Aiden asked as he wiped his hands on a paper towel. Frank shook his head as he opened the door. When he woke up that morning, he realized that he didn’t live far from where Aiden lived; he was roughly 20 minutes away.

“You can drop by anytime you want.” After Aiden and Frank had said their goodbyes, Frank set off on his trek home. Frank was very nervous to face his mother, as she would probably be pissed off at him. But, then again, she might be relieved that he came home uninjured.

Frank let out a nervous sigh as he arrived at his front doorstep. He braced himself for a hard slap in the face, or a tight, heartfelt hug as he prepared to knock on the door. After an apprehensive knock on the door, he heard light footsteps hurrying towards it.

“Frankie?!” Stanley said as he engulfed Frank in a tight hug. Frank rolled his eyes as he tried to pry Stanley off of him.

“I missed you! I thought you were gone forever!” Stanley said, finally letting go of Frank.

“Yeah, yeah.”Frank said as he pushed past Stanley and entered the house, looking for his mother. There seemed to be no one else there but Stanley.

“Where is everyone?” Frank asked Stanley as he looked around. Stanley shrugged as he shut the door.

“They all left a few minutes before you came. They never told me where they were going, though.” Frank scoffed as he turned to look at Stanley, and it was only then that he noticed that Stanley was shirtless. Frank’s breath hitched in his throat at the sight. Stanley was so…gorgeous, and Frank didn’t have to feel guilty for staring anymore.
“So…” Stanley said, snapping Frank out of his trance.

“You’re back.” Stanley, excitedly, as he put his hands on his hips.

“Everyone was looking for you, Frank! Even Gerard c—“

“Gerard was looking for me?” Frank was very surprised to hear that Gerard was worried about his enough to look for him—that meant that he still cared about him. After that cold exchange at Gerard’s apartment, he thought that Gerard hated him.

“Yeah…he was worried sick about you.” Those words made Frank’s heart skip a beat. He was so excited to hear that Gerard was worried about him, but he also felt remorseful about making everyone else worry, too.

“Oh…well, I’m going to go take a shower.” He said as he walked towards the stairs.

“Wait,” Stanley said as he grabbed Frank’s arm, preventing him from going any further.

“What?”

“Since we’re alone, I was hoping that we could talk.” Stanley said, gesturing to the couch.

“Talk about what?” Frank really wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone. All he wanted to do was go shower and go to bed.

“Just come sit on the couch.” Stanley said as he let go of Frank’s arm and went over to go sit down on the couch. Frank groaned before following Stanley over to the couch.

“Look, Frank,” Stanley said as he turned to Frank.

“I like you.” Frank was very stunned to hear this. He already knew that Stanley liked him, but he never expected for him to come out and say it.

“I know that it’s a really bad time to say it, but I do. I’ve liked you for a while now.” Frank wanted to respond, but he didn’t know what to say. He wondered why Stanley was telling him this, and why at this time.

“I just wanted to tell you because…I want to further our relationship.” Frank was confused by what Stanley had said. What relationship was he talking about? There was no relationship between he and Stanley! No romantic relationship, no sexual relationship, not even a platonic relationship. There was no relationship between them at all.

“I know that you just broke up with Gerard, but…I’m here for you, Frank. I’m not asking for you to jump into a relationship with me right away, but at least give it some thought.” Stanley said before getting up and disappearing up the stairs. Frank sat there, stunned, as he heard a car pull up in the front yard. Frank swallowed the lump in his throat as he heard the front door open and close, singling that someone had entered the house. Frank shut his eyes as he listened to the sound of his mother’s light footsteps coming towards him. Frank did not want to talk to his mother, but he knew he had to; he couldn’t avoid his mother forever.

He heard his mother clear her throat as she stood in front of him. Frank opened his eyes and looked at her, only to be met with the annoyed face of a worried mother.

“Franklin.” Mrs. Iero growled through gnashed teeth. Frank gulped as he stared at her, afraid to speak.

“Yes ma’am?” Frank said, trying his best to get on his mother’s good side.

“There’s extra blankets and pillows in Stanley’s room.” Mrs. Iero said, hinting that Frank needed to sleep on the couch (as if he wasn’t doing that already), as she turned to walk into the kitchen. Frank let out a relieved sigh, thankful that his mother didn’t throw a fit.

“We’ll talk about this in the morning.” She said in mid-step, before actually entering the kitchen. Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter makes no sense.
Just in case you're wondering, this is what Stanley looks like. Thank you to the lovely HodgeBeatsOFWGKTA. for finding the picture for me!