Time Won't Heal This Damage

A Mask

Jacob Black woke up the next morning feeling hollow. His father tried to talk to him but Jacob didn’t want to listen to anything his father had to say. He was really determined to not see or hear from her again.

He went to school. Quil and Embry tried to get him to talk about it but he wouldn’t.

“It doesn’t matter guys. I don’t care anymore,” he crossed his arms to make his point across.

Eliana walked towards them. But she had to in order to get to her table. She avoided eye contact, and she past by him like a ghost. Jacob didn’t glance at her and she didn’t look at him.

Quil and Embry looked at each other worried.

“Hiya, Jacob!” Regina one of the girls that made fun of Eliana walked up to Jacob.

Jacob didn’t know her name so he just smiled. He could move on. He could get rid of this imprint business. It doesn’t always mean he has to be her lover. Or anything at all.

“What’s up?”

“Have you heard about the party this Friday?” She asked sitting next to him.

“No.”

“Well, I’m throwing a party since my parents went to my Great Aunt’s funeral in Seattle and they won’t be back in a week. I was wondering if you’d like to… go and be my date that night.”

Jacob only glanced at Eliana. She was staring right at them. She had a blank expression on her face.

“I’d love to.” He gave her a big smile.

Regina squealed and hugged him. When he looked at Eliana she was looking away eating an apple.

In English, they presented their project.

**

In Math, Eliana went to sleep.

By lunch it was like it had been always. Eliana by herself and Jacob with his friends. The week turned into that routine. Eliana convinced herself that it was good. She had her peace of mind again.

She didn’t need to worry about anything.

By Thursday Eliana was just waiting for a good target. No one to kill but to beat up so she could take out her anger on someone.

On Friday afternoon Eliana got a call from a number she didn’t know.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Eliana? This is Bella.” Even through the phone her voice was beautiful.

Eliana frowned.

“Oh hi.” She said. “What’s up?”

“Nessie is really eager to spend some time with Amber. Do you mind if she stayed over for a few hours?”

“Is Jacob going to bring her?” Eliana asked.

“Not if you don’t want him. Plus I think he said something about going to a party. Emmett can take her.”

“That would be better.” Eliana said trying not to think of Jacob having fun.

“He’ll be there in half an hour. Thank you so much.”

“No problem. Amber has been bugging me about it too.”

They both laughed a little. They hung up.

“Amber!” Eliana called.

“What?” Amber was mad that Jacob has not come around.

“Nessie is coming over.”

Amber yelled in happiness.

“Honey,” Karen said.

“Yeah mom?”

“I’m going over to the Clearwater’s for a while.”

“Okay.” Eliana said.

Her mom walked down the road towards the Clearwater’s. It wasn’t too far.

Half an hour later Eliana heard a car pull up her drive way. She opened the door and found a Jeep parked. A pale, buff man was driving. He got out and waved at her. She waved back. Nessie got out of the backseat and ran towards Eliana.

“Hey, kiddo.” Eliana said.

Nessie gave her a big smile.

“Amber’s in the living room.” She said and Nessie ran inside of the house.

Emmett walked up to the human Jacob had talked about. Lately he hadn’t though and he was itching to know why.

“I have to stay with her, is it okay if I stay?” Emmett was told to stay with Nessie in case something happened.

Eliana nodded. “No problem. Come in.” She gestured.

He walked inside. Nessie and Amber were already playing. Emmett smelled the air. Eliana smelled like nature. Fresh pine and with flowers. It wasn’t super strong but it was noticeable.

“Wanna go to my room?” She asked.

Emmett nodded. Eliana led him upstairs. Emmett saw the pictures hanging on the wall. Some were family pictures. Her dad, her mom and herself as a little girl.

Eliana noticed he stopped. She laughed when she saw the picture he was looking at.

“I hated pig tails so I tried to take them off before the picture but my mom stopped me and she couldn’t get them right again.” Eliana explained as to why in the picture she had her arms crossed across her chest, with messed up hair and a pout on her lips. “She made one higher than the other. She was mad but my dad defended me. Then we went to get ice cream.”

Eliana walked and Emmett followed. Her room was spacious.

“So, Eliana, right?” Emmett spoke.

“And you’re Emmett.” She said.

He sat on a chair.

“You and Jacob close, right?” He asked.

She scoffed. “No.”

“Why not?”

“I forgot you don’t go to La Push.” She said. “I thought you Cullen’s weren’t allowed here. Because of some treaty… my dad told me about it.”

“It’s all fake.” Emmett lied. Since the birth of Nessie the treaty seemed to disappear.

“I knew it.” Eliana nodded her head. “So… Emmett, are you taken?”

“Yeah, her name is Rosalie.”

“Bummer.” Eliana said but she was only playing and Emmett knew.

He looked around. He spotted the electric guitar at the corner of the room.

“You play?” He asked pointing to it.

“Yup.”

Emmett smiled. She noticed the cute dimples.

“Would you mind playing a little?”

“Actually that one is my dad’s…” Eliana trailed off as pain formed in her chest.

Emmett understood.

“Mine’s at the garage, come on.” She said walking out and Emmett followed.

**

“So, are you over that Forks chick?” Regina asked Jacob.

She had a couple of tequila shots and she was being very touchy. Jacob pried her hands away.

“You’re drunk.” Jacob said.

She laughed. “Just a little.” She straddled him and Jacob leaned back on the couch to get away from her. “Come on, Jake.”

Jacob gently picked her up and set her down.

She got mad at his rejection.

“Is this because you like that freak?” She spoke of Eliana and Jacob knew.

“She’s not a freak. You don’t even know her!”

“Of course I do. I was her friend for a while. Well since elementary.” Regina took another shot of tequila.

“And what? You just got into a fight and never spoke again?”

She scoffed. “Then her father got arrested for killing someone and she started acting strange. She wouldn’t want to go out and she would ditch all of the time and she would be such a heinous bitch!”

“You were her friend and you turned your back on her.” Jacob said.

“No! It’s her own fault.” Regina exclaimed. “She forgot she had friends.”

“You have no idea what’s she’s going through.” Jacob stood up. Eliana wasn’t a bitch because she wanted to. It was a cover. A mask.

He needed to talk to her. Others might’ve turned their back and gave up on her but he just couldn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:

hachie
autumnfreakshow
xxblackxx
itstaalgood
sugarrluvr :D
poisongirl24
Brooklynn Marie
Key to my heart
nilanarcotic
ameliabelle
XOXloveangelXOX
choirgirlx3
DidiV