Time Won't Heal This Damage

Something's Wrong

“Where are you going? She’s a freak, the devil’s spawn!” Regina was going after him and when she said Eliana’s ‘nickname’ he stopped and turned around. Jacob looked down at her and glared.

“Don’t you ever… call her that again.” He said slowly and dangerous.

He shouldn’t have but it was an instinct. He wasn’t going to allow anyone hurting or speaking bad of Eliana anymore.

Regina ran away back inside of the house. Jacob got on his Hurley and headed to Eliana’s house.

He promised himself that no matter what insults she would give him he wouldn’t back down. When he was outside her house he growled. There was a familiar Jeep in her driveway and a sweet horrible smell.

A vampire. Emmett. Jacob’s primitive side was to shred him for being this close to his imprint. Then he heard the playing of the guitar and it was coming from her garage. He turned off the motorcycle and walked over to the garage.

He was angry.

He opened the garage door and saw as Eliana played a pretty good riff. Emmett was looking at Jacob with a confused look.

Jacob walked over to the amplifier and took out the cable. Eliana looked up and glared at Jacob.

“What the hell?” She screamed at him.

“What is he--” He pointed to Emmett. “Doing here?! Huh?!”

Eliana laughed. It caught both boys off guard. Emmett raised an eyebrow. Eliana removed the guitar and set it down. Her laughter died down to giggles.

“Jacob Black, who the fuck do you think you are?” She walked up to him not afraid of his height. “I’m nothing to you. Just two weeks ago you didn’t even know I existed! What changed huh? You finally gave up on Bella? You finally admitted that she didn’t love you but she loved Edwin.”

“Edward.” Emmett corrected.

“Whatever.” Eliana said.

Jacob crossed his arms and it made Eliana think of a Native American Chief.

“You’re not going to push me away that easily anymore.” Jacob said firmly.

“I don’t want anything to do with you, Jacob.” She gritted her teeth.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t like you.” She said simply.

Emmett knew this wasn’t his business so he walked inside of the house to check on the little girls.

Jacob smirked. She noticed and started to back away but he gripped her arm and brought her to his hot body.

“Let me go you jerk!” She wiggled but he had her good.

“I’m going to show you why things changed.”

He picked her up and placed her over his shoulder and walked out of the garage.

“Hey! Hey!” She complained. “Emmett! Help!” She yelled.

Jacob headed to the forest that was across her house. Emmett saw through the large window and waved. He was smiling. She couldn’t believe it. She was a black belt and she couldn’t do anything to hurt Jacob.

She stopped fighting this and went along with it.

Jacob walked for about ten minutes before setting her down. She didn’t run because she could get lost. She wasn’t stupid.

He looked at her and ran a hand through his hair.

“I remember the first day I met you. You were there for me after my mom died.” He said.

She looked at him with surprised eyes. “I thought you forgot about that.”

“I did,” he said. “I was so wrapped up with Bella and the Cullen’s that I didn’t pay attention to anything. To anyone. Not even you. You knew about Bella coming back?”

“I was gone for a year, Jake. The only thing I know is that she came back, got with a Cullen and that you also fell for her. That and the rumors everyone talks about and what my mom knows.”

She didn’t know too much. Jacob wanted to ask where she had gone for that year, but knew she wouldn’t give him an answer.

“A lot of things happened when you were gone.”

“Bella came.” She said simply. “That’s the only difference.”

He shook his head.

“Do you know those legends the Elders always talked about at the bonfires?”

She raised an eyebrow. “That you came from the wolves.” When she was younger her father told her about them, but never believed them.

“Right,” He removes his shirt.

“Whoa! What are you doing?!” She said taking a couple of steps away from him but she had to admit he looked really good.

“It’s better if I show you first and then I explain.” He walked over to a bush and removes his jeans and sets them down.

He phased. Eliana heard a growl from behind the bushes it wasn’t a dangerous one, but she backed up until she hit a tree. A wolf. An animal a bit larger than a wolf. It had russet fur. She locked eyes with it. Brown chocolate eyes.

“Jakey?” She whispered and the dog whined.

She giggled. She knew it was him. Something inside of her told her he was Jacob. She blinked and shook her head.

“Oh… holy… crap.” She said slowly.

Jacob went behind the bush and goes back to human. He puts back the jeans.

Eliana couldn’t believe it.

“It’s hard to explain.” He said.

“You’re a werewolf! I real one! Wait… so the cold ones are… the Cullen’s? And by the cold ones it means… vampires!” She caught up quickly.

“You’re smarter than you look.” Jacob said with a small smile.

Eliana took a seat on a log. She ran both hands through her hair.

“Oh shit, there’s a vampire in my house with little sister!” She suddenly realized.

“Don’t worry. The Cullen’s don’t feed on humans. They’re what they like to call themselves… ‘vegetarians’. Your sister is safe.”

“Are you sure?” She asked. “What if he’s… tempted?”

“I care about your sister if I knew he was dangerous, he would’ve been dead by now… well you know… dead-dead.” He laughed and so did she.

“Bella is one of them. No wonder she’s so beautiful.” Eliana said.

Jacob nodded.

“And Nessie isn’t Edward’s niece. It’s their daughter.” Jacob said.

Eliana’s eyes went wide.

Jacob explained everything. She hang on to every word he said. He explained from the moment he first phased until the wedding day of Bella. He didn’t want to have any secrets with her. He didn’t say anything of the Volturi because he didn’t want to frighten her.

But now that she knows most of it it’s like the world has been lifted off of him. He could breathe.

“I can’t believe Bella punched you. I wish I could’ve seen that.” She laughed.

Jacob took time to notice she had a beautiful smile. He needed to let her know.

“You have a beautiful smile.”

That made her stop laughing.

“So,” She said awkwardly because she was blushing from his compliment. “Why are you telling me all of this? You’d think you would want to keep this away from me.”

“I trust you. The Cullen’s trust you.”

She looked away with a sour look. It was a trust she didn’t deserve.

“They don’t know me.”

He took her chin and made her face him.

“I’m telling you this because…” He sighed. “There is something that happens to us shape shifters,” He was going to tell her, “it’s called imprinting.”

She knew the definition of imprinting.

“Like love at first sight? Soul mate kind of thing.”

He nodded.

“I… imprinted on you, Eliana. On the first day I got back. When I got a quick glance into your blue eyes, I felt my world rearrange itself and focused on you. Only you. Ever since, you fill my thoughts every second.”

He thought she would run away but she didn’t she stayed. She was curious.

“What do you mean?” She laughed a bit dryly. “That I’m your soul mate?”

“And I’m yours and there’s no one but you.” He said.

He came close to her.

“How do you know it’s not just a crush or… infatuation?” She was starting to get a little worried about this.

“Because…” He said in a low voice. She could see clearly his chocolate brown orbs. He could see her blue ocean eyes. “When I see you my heart starts beating fast, I want to smile all the time and I get sweaty palms. I want to be with you at all times.”

He was going for it. The kiss.

She knew it was coming so she pulled away.

She laughed again. “You’re crazy and wrong about the imprinting and I want to go home now!”

“It’s not cr--”

“I can handle the whole supernatural vampire-werewolf thing but this--” She gestured between them. “Is never going to happen. I have a boyfriend and he’s a bit over protective, if you haven’t noticed. I love Krypton.” She lied.

“You’re lying.”

“I’ve been with Krypton for two years. I’m not going to throw that away just because you suddenly come along and say we’re soul mates. I don’t believe in that.”

“It doesn’t matter if you believe it or not. You’re my imprint and I’ll always be around you.”

“Jake… I promise not to say a word about the vampire werewolf thing but… stay away from me. I don’t want anything to do with you, okay? I don’t like you.”

“But you’re meant to be with me! Sam and Emily are together. Jared and Kim! Paul and Rachel! Even Quil and Claire…well eventually.”

“Something is wrong. You’ve got it wrong. I’m sure.” She said walking away. She headed to the opposite direction.

“You’re going to get lost.” He growled.

“Anywhere is better than here.” She spat.

“Fine… I’ll take you home!” He said.