Time Won't Heal This Damage

Too Pure

Jacob sat in the armchair next to Eliana. His eyes set on Eliana.

“Where is she?” Karen’s voice was heard from outside the room.

The door was slammed opened and in came her mother. Karen had been clearly crying because of her red eyes. Her eyes landed first on her daughter and broke down sobbing. Jacob got up from the chair and Karen took over his side.

“Eliana, oh my god!!!”

Karen cried for a while and when she calmed down she turned to Jacob.

“Do you know what happened?”

Jacob hadn’t thought of a story. What was he going to tell her mother?

Your daughter is a mobster and was stabbed by her boyfriend?

“I found her in the middle of the road like that,” Carlisle appeared at the door. Jacob thought he had left to check out what happened with the Volturi, “when I was coming to my shift.”

“In the middle of the road?” Karen gasped. “Sh-she was su-supposed to be with Jacob!” Karen turned to Jacob. “Why did you lie?”

Jacob was on the spot. What was he supposed to do now? Tattle tale on his imprint? It’s the best for her but he wasn’t going to tell her the whole truth.

“She used me as a cover. I was over at the Cullen’s and he was going to give me a ride back home when we found her like this.” Jacob didn’t exactly lie… entirely.

“What is going on with her? Why is she acting so weird?” Karen thought out loud.

“Is it all right if I stay?” Jacob asked.

Karen nodded and Jacob took the other empty arm chair.

Carlisle walked over to Karen and touched her shoulder. “She’ll make it through the night, Karen.”

“Thank you, Dr. Cullen.” Karen said. “I just wish I could’ve done something to save her. I didn’t know things were this bad. I was so focused on working I didn’t notice how much it was hurting Eliana.”

Eliana’s heart was the only sound of the room. It was steady and slow. Jacob looked at her face. She looked like an angel. She really did. Her pale skin contradicted her black hair and with her blue eyes she would look exactly like an angel.

---

Eliana felt weightless. But soon her body was getting heavier and heavier. She started to feel her legs, arms and her heavy eye lids.

She moved her fingers and her hearing became clearer. It was a heart monitor. She remembered Carlisle was taking her to the hospital. She suddenly remembered what led up to her being in the hospital.

She gasped as she opened her eyes fully. She felt so heavy. She looked around the hospital room. She was alone but she saw the blanket on the arm chair.

She knew her mom was here but Amber was in trouble. Her mother only trusted Sue Clearwater. She sat up and almost screamed in pain. Her body was still not working right but she had to fight it with everything she had because her little sister was in trouble.

She threw the covers aside and she had to bite down every scream. Her legs were wobbly as she got up and used the bed for support. She looked around for her clothes. She knew they always kept the patient’s clothes in the room.

She looked in the small closet the room had and found her bloody clothes. She removed the gown and pulled on her underwear and clothes quickly as she could.

She had to save her sister before Krypton got to her. If Carmelo got to her sister, he would have her in the palm of his hand.

Eliana walked out of the room. She checked every corner before turning. She tried to walk as normal as possible so no nurse would stop her. She took the stairs because rarely anyone used them.

She would go to the parking lot at the bottom of the hospital and steal a car. She would take a couple of seconds every few minutes to take a breather.

She made it to the parking lot.

“ELIANA!” A deep voice roared through the lot.

She turned around and found Jacob extremely mad. She’s seen him mad before but not like this. He looked dangerous.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He hissed.

“I have to make sure Amber’s safe, Jacob.” She told him.

Jacob’s face softened. “Eliana… your mom just found she’s missing.”

“No.” Eliana covered my mouth as she gasped and sobbed.

Jacob walked over to her and held her. He held her as she cried.

“It’s all my fault… I-I have to sa-save her.” She pulled away from Jacob’s embrace.

“What?”

“Carmelo’s got her and I have to save her.”

“Look at you, you can barely stand.” He argued.

“I’ve been worse Jacob. Getting stabbed isn’t new to me.” She chuckled.

Jacob narrowed his eyes. “So you’re a mobster?” He asked.

She laughed as she used one of the pillars for support.

“I really don’t have the time to chat.”

“The police are here to ask you questions about why you were in the middle of the road stabbed.”

“That’s the best you could come up with?!” She screeched.

“That was Carlisle’s idea.” he yelled back.

She scoffed. “For a vampire that’s supposed to have lived a long time he’s pretty stupid, how about ‘she got mugged’?”

“Well, why don’t you just say that?” Jacob said right back. “You got mugged.”

She hadn’t thought about that. “Whatever. I don’t have time for the police. I need to go to Carmelo’s.”

“Injured? Are you insane?” Jacob came close to her. “You’re not going anywhere.”

“You still think you can boss me?!” She coughed a little and blood came out.

“That’s it, I’m taking you back.” He gripped her arm.

She might not be stronger but she knew his weakness. She kneed him where the sun don’t shine. He released her to cup his package and she limped away looking for a car. But before she could pick her car, he wrapped his arms around her from behind. He didn’t grip her too hard because of her wound.

“You’re wounded!” Jacob growled in her ear.

“And every second that passes Amber is danger. Carmelo doesn’t have a problem killing children… I should know.” She started to cry. She stopped fighting him and Jacob felt the warm liquid in his forearms. “He’s… done it right in front of me… kids just ten or eleven he’s killed them cold blooded and made me watch.”

Eliana turned around and wrapped her arms around Jacob.

“I’m a killer, Jacob. I’ve murdered.” She went down to her knees and Jacob went down with her. He stroke her hair. “I don’t deserve to be human… or anything.”

“You… you…” He had no idea what to say.

“It’s why I pushed you away because I don’t deserve what you’re trying to give me.”

“Love?” He asked.

She nodded. “I don’t deserve it, Jake. You’re too pure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
1 out of 3 updates :)