Time Won't Heal This Damage

Uncalled For

[A week later]

“Yeah, yeah, yeah Flesh is the law I’ll be your goddess if you say--” Eliana was interrupted by the door opening. Jacob stood there with his arms across his chest and he looked like an Native American chief. Eliana knew he must be angry because she didn’t listen to him. All they did was stare into each other’s eyes. She wasn’t going to apologize though. She did the right thing because everything went down smoothly.

He spoke first. “You betrayed my trust.”

Eliana didn’t expect for those small words to hurt so much. Her throat tighten and suddenly she was nervous. He intimidated her. No man had ever done that. She was the one who was supposed to be terrified. It scared her to be scared of Jacob Black being disappointed in her.

“So?” It was the only thing she could come up with.

“What if something happened to you?” Jacob’s voice turned soft. He couldn’t stay mad at her. He was at first when he walked in the room but then he saw her into her eyes and the anger melted down and he wanted to hug her. It scared him how easily he could forgive her.

“I hate you.” The words blurted out and Jacob felt like his heart was being squeezed tightly. “I hate how easily I’m afraid of disappointing you. I hate your smile because it makes me smile. I hate your eyes because I get lost in them. I hate how scared I am of losing you. I hate how much I love you and let you in. And the worst part is… I hate how I feel so empty without you.” She was crying by now and halfway through her speech Jacob had walked to her and took her hand.

Jacob couldn’t believe she was the first to openly say ‘I love you’ sure it was mixed with the word hate all over it but he knew it was hard for her to admit it. Eliana waited for him to say anything.

“I just freaking told you I love you, Jakey.”

Jacob smiled. He liked her saying that now. She made it her own and it didn’t hurt to hear it anymore because it came from the woman he loved more than his existence.

“Sorry, I’m paralyzed here and you caught me off guard. I was half expecting you to be stubborn and yell at me for yelling at you but… I can’t yell at you. I can’t even be mad at you. I know you had to do what you had to do but I was angry at myself because you don’t trust me enough to come to me for help.” Jacob said. “I love you more than anything in this world. I literally felt my world falling apart because you were gone. The worst thoughts ran through my head and when I heard your screams of pain as that piece of shit tortured you… I just… I wanted to die. So the feeling is mutual.” He smiled. “I hate myself for loving you.”

The door opened and Carlisle walked in with his chart.

“Evening Eliana, how are you feeling?” He asked as he checked the machines for her vitals.

Eliana smiled. “Good.”

He checked the bandages around her burnt marks. “You’re healing nicely.”

“When can I get out?” Eliana asked at once.

“Soon, it’s been a boring week?” Carlisle smiled.

“You have no idea.” Eliana groaned and threw her head back on the pillow.

Carlisle chuckled. “At least you have Jacob now.”

“Why didn’t you come earlier?” Eliana asked.

Jacob looked at Carlisle and then back to Eliana. “There was something I had to take care of.”

Eliana raised an eyebrow and looked at Carlisle who had a small smile. “Is it supernatural?”

Jacob nodded.

“I don’t want to know.” Eliana sighed.

“I’m not allowed to say anyways.” Jacob said in a childish matter and Eliana stuck her tongue out. Jacob loved this side of her. Her smile was bright and her eyes sparkled with life.

[Days Later]

It’s been two days since Eliana was released and Jacob’s back with his dad but Eliana and her mom and sister are living with them since their house was still in the works on getting fixed thanks to Carlisle who is paying for everything.

Karen couldn’t believe the legends were true. She didn’t want to know about the Cold Ones which was good. Amber seemed to be recovering well. Nessie visited over a lot. Jacob and Eliana were becoming closer and closer each day.

Jacob would treat her like a queen and would make breakfast and bring it to her. She was healing nicely but she was going to have scars but she didn’t mind. She’s always had scars.

On a particular Saturday it was time to visit her father. Her mother told him everything about the kind of life she was leading and he said he wanted to talk to her seriously. Eliana was scared. She didn’t want to see her father mad or disappointed because he sacrificed himself and it was because of the mob he was in prison in the first place.

Jacob promised her he was going to hold her hand through out the whole thing if he had to. Eliana checked herself in the mirror. She never wore dresses but she was sucking up to her dad. She still wore shorts under though. She was going on the motorcycle with Jacob. Her mother was going in the car.

Jacob pulled on his jacket and got on the bike. He saw as Eliana lifted her dress to get on and he couldn’t help but let his mind drift to… well… sex. He never thought about her that way until now. He blushed as his thoughts got dirtier and dirtier.

“Jacob’s thinking about sex.” Eliana said in a sing song voice.

He blushed deeper and he was thankful for his dark skin so it wouldn’t be as visible as it would be on her pale cheeks. She got on the bike and wrapped her arms around his torso. Having her so close didn’t help his situation. He took a deep breath.

“Getting a little excited?” She whispered in his ear.

His body shuddered. She laughed.

“Yeah, yeah. Just wait until your father gives you a scolding for being a mobster.”

“Hey, that was uncalled for.” She said.

Jacob smiled. “Then don’t torture me like that.”

“Fine. I won’t touch you ever again.” She said removing her hands.

“Quit joking baby, you know what I meant.” Jacob said grabbing her arms and putting them around him.

“Might as well. My dad is going to kill me.”

“No he’s not.”

“You don’t know him.” Eliana muttered.

“He’s in prison, I’m sure they’ll be guards and me… duh!” He said and Eliana smiled.

He kicked off and they were on their way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eliana’s Dress