Time Won't Heal This Damage

Date

Jacob woke up outside Eliana’s house. He was only hoping for a small nap but the sun hitting his eyes told him otherwise. He sniffed the air and his hair stood up. That vampire--Silver--had been here. It was all around the house and it concentrated in Eliana’s room. Jacob phased back and pulls on his sweats and jumps on a tree like a professional gymnast and landed soundlessly on her roof. He checked through her window and she was asleep. He knocked lightly on her window. Eliana got up confused and opened the window and Jacob covered his nose. It was so sweet.

He turned to Eliana who had a blank look on her face and that usually told him something was up. He took a step towards her and took it back.

“He was here.” Jacob growled lowly because he knew her mother was in her room sleeping.

Eliana chewed the inside of her lip nervously and didn’t look at Jacob in the eye and that told him a whole lot more than words could.

“How could you let him in?!” Jacob hissed.

“How could I let him in?” She hissed back. “I didn’t have a choice, I woke up and my window was open and he was at the corner of my room.” She pointed behind Jacob.

“How the hell did he get past me?!” Jacob shook his head.

“It’s his… power. He puts people asleep.” Eliana said as she crossed her arms across her chest. She prayed he didn’t ask her the dreaded question.

“Did he do anything to you?” Bingo, there was that dreaded question.

“No, he didn’t. He just talked.” She lied and he didn’t catch it. She was a good liar no matter to whom she was lying to.

Jacob sighed and hugged her. “You stink.” He said to her hair and she laughed.

“Wanna shower with me?” She purred.

“You are pure evil.” He said.

She chuckled.

“Want do you want to do?” Eliana asked him.

“I was thinking we could just hang out here.”

Eliana pulled away from him. “No, I’m sick of being inside of my house. I want out!”

“But you’ll be saf--”

“Jakey, pwease?” Eliana said in a pout and her hands together.

Jacob looked into those blue orbs and his strong will shattered. He couldn’t deny a single thing his imprint wanted. Not a single thing and if she wanted to go out then they would go out.

“All right, but--”

“Yay! I want to go to the movies, I haven’t gone there in God knows how long!” Eliana jumped on Jacob and kissed him.

Even though she reeked of vampire he still kissed her as passionately.

Eliana squished the little thought that reminder her of Silver’s kiss. How different it had been from Jacob’s. It wasn’t a bad difference either but it wasn’t good either because she felt guilty for even remotely thinking about it.

Jacob crawled out of her window and jumped from the roof to the floor and landed softly. He called Jared to take his place while Jacob went back home and changed into something for the date. Jared came in wolf form and Jacob thanked him and Jacob ran back home--in human form.

Billy knew about the vampire so he didn’t worry about Jacob. Jacob walked inside of his house and greeted his father. They exchanged a few words and then Jacob went to his room and got a towel and went for the bathroom and took a shower.

He was going to get wrinkles from all of the worry Eliana gave him.

After his shower he got into some jeans and a shirt. He didn’t have much but he was happy with what he had. He sprayed on some cologne and walked out of his room looking good.

“Going out with Eliana?” Charlie was over.

Jacob smiled like a fool. “I am.”

“Ah, I know that look. You’re in love.” Charlie grinned and waved his finger.

“Yes, I am, Charlie. She is the ying to my yang.” Jacob said.

“Is she all right from her… injuries?” Charlie asked.

“She’s recovering well.” Jacob said. “Thanks for asking.”

“No problem, hope you two have fun.”

Billy repeated what Charlie said but added. “Use condoms because you do not want to be a father at that young age.”

Jacob groaned. “Could you not use the word condom… ever?”

Billy laughed. “Better safe than sorry.”

Jacob didn’t even know if Eliana was ready to have sex. His whole mind had been set on protecting her that sex didn’t matter as much. It did but he was more concerned about keeping her alive or at least by his side. Jacob decided to take the motorcycle. He took an extra helmet for Eliana. He checked the time.

He had time to check on the Cullen’s and tell them about Silver’s ability. Jacob kicked the starter and he was on his way.

As Jacob neared the Cullen’s he smelled someone new and before he had time to react he was tackled to the woods. Jacob fell into a deep sleep, but not before hearing a laugh before going under.

Eliana was set and ready to go. She checked her watch. He was ten minutes late to pick her up but she didn’t give it much thought.

But when he was an hour late that’s when she called his cell phone. It went straight to voicemail. She didn’t leave a voicemail.

“Isn’t Jacob coming?” Karen asked as she checked the time.

“I don’t know.” Eliana sighed. “Maybe something came up with his… stuff.”

Karen knew Eliana was talking about the werewolf thing.

“Right.” Karen said. “He’ll call you later, I’m sure.”

The door bell rang. Eliana started to race to the door and then slowed down when she realized how excited she had been. Karen giggled but was happy her daughter finally found someone she cared so much about. Karen walked up the stairs to give them privacy.

Eliana hid her relief and puts on a mad face.

She opened the door and her eyes widen in surprise.

“Silver.”