Time Won't Heal This Damage

Million Dollar Question

“At least smile.” Silver whispered as they had dinner in some restaurant in Port Angeles. Eliana looked up from her food to Silver and glared. “Smile, sweetie.” He said in a tone she knew he meant business.

She grins widely but not sincerely. Silver didn’t care.

“Psycho.” She muttered.

“I can hear you.”

“I know.” She continued to put up her smile. “You do know my boyfriend and his friends will be coming for me soon.”

“They won’t try anything in front of so many people.” He said as he watched her eat.

Sadly, Eliana knew his words were true. She also didn’t want to endanger so many lives. She looked around the restaurant and saw some kids with their parents and old couples. She licked her lips and bit down her bottom one nervously.

Jacob Black had to phase back from his wolf form as he neared the restaurant that Eliana’s scent led him to. His fists itched to punch out the bloodsucker. He entered the restaurant and his eyes found Eliana. She had a smile on but he knew it wasn’t sincere because he knew everything about her.

“Sir, you have to step outside.” The host said as he pointed to the sign that said.

No Shirt
No Shoes
No Service

Jacob cursed. He didn’t think about that. He didn’t want to bring attention to himself in case the vampire tried to get away with Eliana or tried to hurt her. He stepped outside. Seconds later a Jeep pulled up and it was Emmett and Edward.

Jacob walked up to Emmett. “Give me your shirt.”

“Why?” Emmett asked.

“Just do it.” Edward said as he read Jacob’s mind.

Emmett shrugged and took off his shirt and he got his sweater from behind the car seat so he could be covered. Jacob pulled it on and it was just enough to cover him. Edward and Jacob entered the restaurant again and the host didn’t say anything.

Edward heard Silver’s thoughts. He already knew they were there and he had no intentions of letting Eliana go for right now. His wicked thoughts of her bothered him and Edward has been inside serial killer’s minds, but Silver’s was just twisted and sick.

Jacob met eyes with Eliana and her smile completely dropped. Her lips mouthed ‘no’ but he wasn’t going anywhere.

“Ah, some friends to join us.” Silver said.

“Come here, Eliana.” Jacob said.

Eliana stood up but Silver raised his hand and Eliana stopped and it wasn’t because she wanted to but because she literally couldn’t move a single muscle.

Edward didn’t pick it up at all. Not his other power. Body control. He could control body, not the mind though.

“She’s not going anywhere with a dog.” He waved his hand and Eliana was sitting on her butt again. She struggled but it didn’t do anything.

Jacob clenched his hands and shook furiously.

“You need--” Edward started but then he wasn’t able to move his lips. Silver smirked.

Silver turned back to Jacob. “You need to leave before you cause a scene.”

“I will not leave here without my imprint.”

“I don’t want to hurt people and you know what I can do to you.”

Jacob looked to Eliana. She nodded her head. “Go.”

“But--”

“Jacob, leave.” Eliana said.

“Leave.” Silver said in a more threatening voice.

Edward pulled Jacob’s arm. Jacob’s eyes didn’t leave Eliana’s. He saw the sadness in them. How is he supposed to protect her?

Eliana turned to Silver.

“Dinner is ruined. Let’s go.”

He put a hundred bill on the table and he made her get up and they walked out the backdoor instead through the front. Silver’s motor bike was in the back as well.

Leah, Seth and Sam blocked one end of the alley and Jared, Paul and Jacob blocked the other.

Silver sighed. “Don’t you ever give up?”

“Not when it comes to my imprint.” Jacob spoke.

Silver looked to Eliana and winked. “See you soon.”

He ran towards Seth, Leah and Sam and before they got the chance to even pounce they passed out and Silver got away. Jacob was besides her in an instant. He embraced her and took her away from the alley all the way to where the Cullen’s were.

He cupped her face and asked her a billion of questions.

“I’m fine.” She said moving his hands away.

Jacob looked at her. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault.” She whispered.

“I should’ve been there.”

“You can’t be superman, Jake.” She said with a weak smile. “Take me home.”

“I was… kind of hoping you would come with me. I don’t want to risk him getting past me again.”

“He won’t come for me, yet.” Eliana said.

“Yet?” Edward asked.

“I just know he isn’t.” Eliana didn’t think about Silver’s words of how they ‘perfect for each other’.

“But it would make me feel better, Ellie.” Jacob said with those soft brown eyes and Eliana couldn’t look away from him.

She rubbed her arm nervously.

“Y-yeah, okay.”

She hugged him. She missed the smell of the forest. Jacob wrapped his large arms around her and breathe in her scent. He closed his eyes and he was in heaven.

“This Silver guy is dangerous. I need to tell the Volturi about him.” Edward said.

“Maybe they already know.” Emmett said. “And I want my shirt back… you know what, never mind. It’ll smell like dog.”

Jacob glared at the vampire. Eliana pulled away from the hug and saw as Seth, Leah and Sam were walking towards them. Eliana went to them.

“Are you all right?” She asked.

“We’ll be fine.” Sam said as he rubbed his neck. “Kind of embarrassing.”

“It’s his power.” Eliana explained. “He can make you go to sleep and… control bodies.”

“Except shape shifters.” Edward chimed in. “That I was able to pick up before leaving. He can control humans and vampires but not shape shifters for some reason.”

“But how come his other power works on us?” Jacob asked.

Edward shrugs slightly. “That is the million dollar question.”

Jacob got home with Eliana. Eliana had to drop off Amber at the Clearwater’s since her mom was working the graveyard shift again. Eliana hung up the phone and went to the living room and sat down next to Jacob.

Billy subtly rolled out of the living room to give them some space.

She kissed Jacob immediately. There was that reassuring feeling she needed to fight off Silver’s twisted words about her.

She had to believe she was a good person otherwise all what Silver said was true and she didn’t deserve someone like Jacob.