Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

thirteen;

“She can’t be sending to Georgia!” Jack’s jaw dropped and he hugged me tightly. “This is all so fucked up. Why would she do that?”

“She wants me to spend time with my dad and away from all this drama shit with my granddad. It’s only for a year, Jack, and then I’ll be back.” Tears were forming in my eyes and I tried to blink them back.

“Alex, I’m going to miss you so much. When are you leaving?”

“The end of summer.” I answered. I thought I already told him.

“I know…but what day?”

“I don’t know yet. Probably a few weeks before school starts cause I have to get all my shit shipped out there and then we have to enroll me in a school. Fuck, this is going to be so hard.” I bit my lip and a few tears rolled down my cheeks.

“I don’t want you to leave.” He muttered and kissed the top of my head repeatedly. I felt like shit.

“Jack, we need to make the best of this summer.” I said and he started to panic.

“We practically just met and now you’re being sent away. Why? Is it because we kissed? Cause if that’s the case, we don’t-“

“Jack, that’s not why. It’s just because my mom wants me to spend time with my dad some.”

“Alright…I’m going to miss you so much. I really will.” He repeated over and over again as he continued to hold me close. I didn’t want him to ever let me go.

-

I was up on the roof again and Jack was by my side. We both looked out over the scenery and I tried my best to keep from crying. Everything was turning out so fucked up lately and I was just being a pussy. I didn’t need to cry; I needed to be strong.

“What are you thinking about?” Jack asked and I turned to him. A faint smile was on his face and I smiled, too.

“About how much everything’s going to change when I leave. And how I want to punch my granddad in the face right now.” I answered the most honest answer I could find in my fractured thoughts.

“You don’t have to miss me.” Jack muttered, leaning closer to me. He rubbed his nose against mine lightly and he grinned brightly.

His smile lit up the night.

“And why not?”

“I’m not worth it.” He said and pecked my lips lightly. I smiled as he pulled back and rested my forehead on his.

“You are, though. Because if you weren’t, we wouldn’t have gotten in all this shit together.” I said and he chuckled quietly, his warm breath ghosting over my face.

“True, true.” His hand slipped into mine and he pulled away. “We should probably go inside. I’m really cold.”

I nodded and he tugged on my hand slightly as we climbed down off the roof and back into my bedroom. He squeezed my hand tightly and smiled at me as we both sat on my bed.

“Are you still cold?” I asked.

“Sort of, why?” He asked and I smirked before wrapping him in a hug. Our hug lasted for a few minutes before the door opened, revealing my mom.

“Hey boys.” She flashed a shy smile before entering the room and shutting the door behind her. She stood against the door with her hands tucked behind her back.

“Hello.” I said with no emotion.

“So, after our little agreement earlier, that I’m pretty sure you’ve already told Jack about…” Her eyes shifted from me to Jack and back at me. “I’ve decided that you’re not grounded anymore, since you’re leaving the first week of August.”

“Thanks.” I smiled, not really knowing how to respond. My arms were still wrapped around Jack and we both stared at my mom in question.

“So I was going to ask if there was anything you two would like to do tomorrow? Like…go to the movies or the beach or-“

“The beach!” I jumped up, releasing Jack, and running over to my mom. Her and Jack laughed. “Alright.” She smiled and I hugged her.

“I really wish you weren’t making me leave.” I whispered so that only she could hear. She frowned and looked down at me.

“I know, Alex. It’s only for one school year.” She assured and I nodded, rushing back to Jack.

“Well, I’ll see you two in the morning, then. Sleep tight.” She smiled before leaving the room.

“So what are we going to do at the beach?” Jack asked and I smirked.

“I have no idea…but I know what I want to do right now.” I said and pressed my lips to Jack’s.

He pulled me into his lap and I put my arms around his neck, pulling us closer. Our lips moved in rhythm and his fingers danced down my sides and hooking into my belt loops. I smirked against his lips and moved my hands to cup his face. After a few minutes, he pulled away, breathless and I smiled.

“I’m going to miss you so much.” He muttered in between breaths, placing kisses on my lips and down my jaw line. “But we’re going to spend as much time as possible together until you have to leave.” He mumbled against my skin, nipping at my neck.

He found my sweet spot and sucked on in, causing me to let out a soft moan in the process. He nipped and sucked hard enough to leave a mark and I smiled when he pulled away.

“I’m gonna miss this when I’m gone.” I smirked.

“Miss what?”

“Kissing you.” I giggled and he rolled his eyes.

“Then shut up and kiss me.”

I complied and connected our lips again. His tongue swiftly pushed between my lips and rubbed against mine. I sighed softly as it explored the regions of my mouth.

We were both breathing heavily and lying on my bed by the time we were done with our little make-out session. I had a dumb-founded grin on my face as I stared up at the ceiling and my hand slipped into Jack’s. He held it protectively and soon enough, I fell asleep curled up next to him.

-

We both woke up the next morning around the same time because my mom insisted on waking us up.

“Get ready, boys, cause we’re leaving in an hour!” She yelled enthusiastically, slamming the door afterwards.

Of course, Jack was up, but I rolled my eyes and shoved my face back into the pillow I had my head on.

“Get up, love!” Jack said, shaking me a little bit.

“Five more minutes.” I muttered into the pillow and I heard him laugh.

“No! You need to get up!” He yelled, causing me to feel a bit frightened at his tone.

I rolled over and saw his smile, which automatically made my morning ten times better. My eyes flooded with sunlight suddenly and I frowned.

“Get out of bed, you lazy ass.” His smile widened. I rolled my eyes and covered my eyes with my arm because it was insanely bright.

“Ugh.” I grumbled and sat up, staring down at the sheets.

“C’mon! We’re going to the beach!” He sounded way too over-excited. I didn’t even know what time it was.

I yawned and he smiled at me again, jumping up and down.

“Why the hell are you so excited? It’s just the damn beach, jesus.” I yawned again and threw the sheets back and climbed out of bed.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“9:37!” He answered.

“In the morning? Why the hell am I up so early…it’s Saturday, isn’t it?”

He nodded.

“Whatever.”

-

Jack stomped his feet in the sand, causing it to go everywhere, including in my eyes. I squinted in the bright sunlight because I forgot my sunglasses. What a stupid decision.

“Alex! C’mon!” He called and I laughed at how childish he was acting. It was only a beach, had he never seen one before or something?

I chased after him, losing my flip flips in the process, as he ran toward the water. I was suddenly grabbed by the shoulder and forced to stop in my tracks.

“Son, it’s unsafe to run at the beach because the sand can be slippery and dangerous.” My granddad said and I shook out of his grip.

Of course, my mom had to bring Mr. Party Pooper to the beach with us.

“Shut up.” I groaned and rolled my eyes.

“Just because you’re off the hook, doesn’t mean you can mouth off to me.” He stated and I laughed.

“Oops, sorry. I forgot I was supposed to take that into consideration since you’re the reason I’m going to my dad’s for a year.” Sarcasm was evident in my tone and I rushed away from him and found Jack sitting at the edge of the water.

I sat next to him and he turned to me with the biggest grin on his face.

“Dude, this is o fun.”

“We’ve been here nearly ten minutes and all you’ve done is sit in the sand. How is this fun?” I asked and he laughed.

“No! I mean…spending time with you.” He said and I blushed.

“You always spend time with me, what’s the big deal?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t know.” He said and dug his hands in the sand. We looked out over the water and sat in silence.

I let the sounds of waves crashing against the shore fill my ears and the fresh smell of salt-water fill my nostrils. I felt so calm and collected. It was nice.

-

After the beach, we went home and Jack and I washed up in the outside shower.

We went upstairs and into the house where I spotted my mom and grandmother in the kitchen. I wondered to myself why she didn’t come to the beach with us, but I shrugged it off.

“Hey, hon.” My grandmother smiled and walked over to me. “Did you all have fun at the beach?”

“We did.” I smiled and she nodded.

“That’s good. I would have gone…but I wanted to catch up on this book I’ve been reading. Sounds cheesy, yeah, but the book is really good.” She answered my unspoken question and I laughed slightly.

“Alright. Well, you two run upstairs, I’m going to cook lunch.” My mother urged us upstairs.

We ran upstairs and lounged around for a while.

I can’t believe I was about to be leaving all this in a month. It was going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is such a sucky filler. I'm sorry /sadness.
I'll start on the next chapter right as soon as I post this and I'll post it later.
Cause I know this isn't worth anything. :p

<3Maryy