Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

fifteen;

Jack promised he wouldn’t tell me where he was taking me until we were actually there. We left my house around 8:30 that Saturday night and Jack’s dad let us borrow his car for the night.

We drove around for a while and the suspicion was killing me. I wanted to know where the hell we were going. I was so excited.

I asked him numerous times about our destination but he just replied with a simple ‘you’ll see’ and a smile.

After about thirty minutes in the car, we pulled into a large parking lot. I rolled my eyes and looked over at him.

“Yay,” I said sarcastically. “You took me to parking lot. How romantic, Jack.”

He rolled his eyes and laugh.

“Just get out of the car and I’ll show you.” He said and I obeyed him.

I got out of the car and he met me at the hood. He covered my eyes quickly and I laughed.

“So you’re kidnapping me? I knew this was the plan all along.”

“No, I’m taking you somewhere special.” He said and we started to walk. I made sure to walk carefully because I was sure to trip over something, whether it be an object on the ground or just the air.

We walked and I listened to Jack’s breathing to keep myself from getting over excited.

“We’re here.” Jack concluded and a smile started to form on my face. I couldn’t wait.

He removed his hands from my eyes and turned me to face a huge ass carnival. My eyes lit up and I turned to him.

“A carnival?” I asked, excitement spilling over into my words. He nodded and smiled.

“I figured it’d be something fun…”

“Jack, I love you!” I squealed and wrapped him in a tight hug.

“I love you too.” He laughed. “Now, c’mon!”

We ran along the board walk until we reached a pretzel stand. I looked at Jack with huge pouty eyes and he rolled his.

“Do you want something?” He asked, pulling out his wallet.

“I want a pretzel…but I can buy it.”

“No, it’s my treat. What kind do you want?” He asked and I glanced at the large billboard behind the man at the stand and read everything.

Regular, Cinnamon, Cheese, Pizza—

“I’ll just have a regular one.” I said and Jack ordered me a pretzel.

After I ate it up, we walked along. He threw his arm casually around my shoulders and we walked down the large aisle.

“So what are we going to do later?” I asked, striking up conversation.

“Let’s not think about later…let’s think about now.” He smiled and kissed the top of my head.

We walked a little further until I slipped my hand into his. We stood in front of a game where large teddy bears hung from the awnings and bright lights shone around it.

“Jack, I want a teddy bear!” I said, feeling extremely childish after saying it.

“Alright.” He laughed softly and we approached the lady hosting it.

As I observed, there was a huge river with a bunch of little ducks in it. It went around in a swervey circle type shape. I watched all the little ducks intently as they were forced around the circle from being pushed by all the other ducks.

“Five dollars for three ducks.” The lady said. “Now, to win, all you have to do is pick two ducks with the same color or same shape on them.”

I looked at Jack and he shook his head.

“I don’t know…”

“Please?!” I poked out my lip. “I really want a teddy bear!”

He sighed and grinned, pulling out a five dollar bill from his wallet. He handed it to the lady and she took it and gestured to the duck river.

“Do you want me to pick two, or do you want to pick two?” He asked me and I thought long and hard about it. It wasn’t a very difficult decision.

“I want to pick two.” I smiled and he nodded.

I picked up the first duck, turning it over and seeing that there was a purple octagon on the bottom of it. I smiled and showed Jack.

He grabbed the next duck and frowned when he flipped it over to see the symbol on the bottom. He showed it to me. It had a green star on it. Darn it.

I let the ducks move along for a while before I reached and picked the third and final duck. I closed my eyes briefly before turning it to see the symbol.

My face twisted into a smile and I shoved the duck at Jack. He smiled too and took it, showing it to the lady.

“A red octagon.” The lady said and placed all three ducks back into the river in random places. I was so freaking excited.

“Now, chose a prize.” The lady smiled and I was almost jumping up and down.

“Which bear do you want, Alex?” Jack asked and I looked at every single bear carefully.

They were all moderately sized, but of different colors. There were caramel ones and dark chocolate ones, cherry red ones, lime green ones, I just couldn’t decide. I wanted them all. Then I’d have something to snuggle when I was in Georgia. Ugh.

“Jack, I can’t decide.” I said and he laughed, smiling widely.

The lady stared at us, impatiently waiting for me to make my decision.

“Just choose one,” He laughed, coming closer to me. “Which one do you want most?”

“I want all of them…”

“You can’t have all of them, Lex.” I blushed at the use of my nickname and he shook his head.

“Fine…Jack, what one do you think I should get?” I asked him and he looked up at the rack of bears in thought. He bit his lip before answering.

“I think you should get the tan one. It looks the most adorable.” He said and my eyes focused on it.

It did look the most adorable.

“Alright.” I nodded with a smile on my face. “I want that one.” I said and pointed to one of the caramel ones.

The lady took down the one I pointed at and handed it to me. I pulled it close to me and looked at Jack.

“Thank you, boo.” I said and he smiled.

“Anytime. Where to now?” He asked and I shrugged.

“I don’t care.”

We walked away and I hugged the bear close to my chest with one arm and held Jack’s with my other hand. We just walked around for a while until we reached a few picnic tables.

We sat down and I couldn’t keep my smile to myself. I was so happy that Jack got me a bear.

“What should I name it?” I asked him and he shrugged.

“Your bear?” He asked and I nodded. “I don’t know.”

“Help me think of a name!” I grinned widely and he chuckled.

“I don’t know!” He said, hugging me close to him.

“I’m going to name it…uh,” I paused and thought of the perfect name. “Jackery!”

“Jackery?” He raised an eyebrow and I nodded.

“Yeah! It’s your new nickname, too.” I smiled and he shook his head with a smile.

“You’re naming your bear after me? That’s adorable.” He poked my nose and I giggled.

“It only makes sense.” I smirked and he leaned down to peck my lips briefly.

We were on the move again after that and I spotted a large Farris Wheel a little while down the board walk. I could already feel butterflies in my stomach as Jack dragged me along toward it.

We rode it up until it slowly approached the top. I had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen next.

I stared into his eyes and he smiled, scooting closer to me.

“Hey, turn around.” He whispered.

As soon as I looked around, I saw fireworks shooting off everywhere. My face lit up with a smile and I turned back to smile at him.

“You’re amazing.” I smiled and he blushed.

He hugged me briefly before we reached the top of the Ferris Wheel. He smiled at me again before leaning in and pressing his lips to mine.

Everything was so prefect at that moment. The whole ride down seemed like it flew by and as soon as we stepped out of the cart, I didn’t feel like I could walk. I was caught up in my dream.

“Hey, c’mon.” Jack chuckled.

After that, we walked to the end of the boardwalk until we reached a beach entrance. I wasn’t sure of the time anymore, but since the whole beach was pitch black except for a few lights on the pier, I guessed it was really late.

“The beach?” I thought out loud and it was just dim enough so that I could still see Jack’s face.

“Yeah…”

He pulled me toward the water where we threw off our shoes and I set down Jackery and we ran toward the water. I rolled up the bottom of my jeans so I wouldn’t get them wet and he pulled me in, ankle deep.

We stood in the water and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I threw my arms around his neck and pressed our foreheads together.

We swayed slowly in the night and he smiled.

“You’re so fucking amazing, you just have no idea.” I said and he smirked.

“I just figured you deserved the time of your life.” He said I breathed slowly.

“It sure has been the time of my life.” I admitted and he flashed his teeth briefly.

“Do you mind if I kissed you right now?” He asked and I laughed slightly.

“Are you seriously asking me that?” I raised an eyebrow and he blushed.

His lips pressed to mine soon after that and I felt like I was on top of the world. I was lost in the kiss, but mostly my thoughts.

I couldn’t believe I was going to have to say bye to all of this next week. I couldn’t do it. Everything was just starting to play out perfectly; just the way I’ve always wanted. I had someone who loved me for who I was. I had someone that was always there for me no matter what. And most importantly, I had someone who I could always turn to and know that they’d do something amazing for me when times were rough. And that person was Jack Barakat.

I could honestly say I was in love with him and I loved him with all my heart, maybe. It all seemed right.

I pushed my thoughts aside and focused on Jack. His hands were moving up my sides and he was inching my shirt up slightly. I smirked against his lips as soon as his tongue pushed past mine and into my mouth.

Shivers ran through my body and I felt weak at the knees.

We slowly got out of the water and back onto the beach. He disconnected our kiss and we sat down in the sand. He hovered over me and smirked before kissing me again.

His lips traveled from mine to my neck. His hands worked up the bottom of my shirt, begging to get it off, and I smirked.

“Jack,” I said, sitting up slightly. He pulled away and looked at me. “I don’t think I’m ready for…”

“Alright,” He said. “I said I wasn’t going to force you into anything you didn’t want to do.” He smiled.

“Thank you…”

“I’m so sorry.” He muttered and I shrugged.

“We should probably get home…it’s really late.” I said and he nodded.

“I told your mom we’d be home by midnight, so we should be on our way.” He smiled.

We both stood up, got our shoes and my new bear, and went back to the car.

During the whole ride home, we barely talked, and I stared at the scenery as is blurred past. I had Jackery cuddled close to me the whole way and I was nearly asleep with my head rested against the window when we got home.

Jack had pulled the car into his driveway and he, carefully, walked me back over to my place. I needed the help, since I was almost half asleep.

We both went inside and up to my room. I glanced at the clock in the living room before going upstairs, seeing that it was only a few minutes past midnight and we both climbed the stairs and laid down on my bed.

I cuddled into Jack and held Jackery between us.

“Tonight was,” I paused to yawn. I closed my eyes and nuzzled my face into Jack’s chest before continuing. “Tonight was the best, Jackery.” I muttered.

“Are you talking to me or the bear?” He asked and I laughed quietly.

“You, silly.” I said and he pressed a kiss to my hair.

“Well, I’m glad you had fun.”

“I really did,” I yawned again and he laughed.

It was silent for a few moments before Jack spoke again.

“I love you.” He whispered. I could hear the nervousness in his voice and I smiled slightly.

“I love you, too.” I said, a yawn following, and I actually meant it.

“Goodnight.” He said, sounding less nervous than before. “Sleep tight.”

“Don’t let the bed bugs…bite.” I mumbled and sleep came quickly after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I stayed up all night writing this, so I hope it's semi-decent. And I'd like to thank painting flowers' for the idea.

success! they are together! more more more! and he should take alex to the carnival on the boardwalk since it's summer. =) than go to the beach late at night for some alone time.

As soon as I read it, everything came to me. I've never been to a carnival, so I hope I didn't paint the wrong image. I would love to thank everyone who gave me ideas for their date and I'm sorry I couldn't use them all. Even though I strongly would have enjoyed making them go skinny dipping.

...7. Go swim at a public swimming pool. At night naked. (sexay i would love to see that)... Thanks ShutUpChristine for all those ideas. (: I'm sorry I didn't use any of them.

(: And, lastly, there will only be a few more chapters of this story left. But there will be a sequel if you guys want it. Just tell me.

Now before I ramble too much, I better go.
I'd love comments for such a long chapter, but I'll get what I get.

<3Mary