Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

one;

“Alexander, get down here this instant!” My mother called up the stairs.

I sighed and threw my notepad down on my desk and placing my pen next to it. I stood from my desk chair, flattening out my shirt, and turned and started walking toward my bedroom door.

My grandparents were here.

I pulled my door open and went down the stairs. As I reached the last step, my mother stood in the foyer, tapping her foot. She smiled at me.

“Yeah?” I asked, my eyes shifting between my mother and my grandparents.

“It’s ’yes ma’am’.” My grandpa corrected and I rolled my eyes and looked back at my mother.

“Yes ma’am?” I smirked sarcastically. She sighed loudly as I proceeded to pick at my nails nervously.

“Alexander, you’re looking quite handsome lately,” My grandmother smiled, changing the subject from my misconduct to my looks.

I smiled and shook my head.

“Where’s your girlfriend?” She asked.

My breath caught in my throat and I looked up at her, swallowing hard. She smiled and the thin lines at the corners of her mouth stiffened. The remaining teeth in her mouth were placed almost randomly and I forced a smile onto my own face.

“I don’t have one.” I answered honestly. Her smile turned into a frown and she rolled her eyes.

“Now why is that? You look as if girls would be falling over you everywhere you go.” She put her hands on her hips.

“Well, I think your hair is too long and covers up too much of your face.” My grandfather said, shrugging his shoulders dramatically. “And your clothes are-“

“That’s enough, dad.” My mom said, cutting him off with a smile. “Would you like me to show you your room?”

They nodded.

“Their room?” I thought out loud, covering my mouth quickly. “Ma’am?”

My mother laughed and nodded.

“Yeah. They’re living with us now, Alex.” She smiled and showed them up the stairs. I followed them up the stairs, down the hallway upstairs, and into my room.

“So, this will be your room…after we move all of Alex’s stuff out, of course.” My mother smiled, gesturing to my bed, TV, and several other things in my room.

“What? But this is my room.” I threw my arms in the air. “Not theirs.” I narrowed my eyes.

“Well you’re going to have to suck it up. You’re going to be moving in to Daniel’s old room.” My mother smiled.

Just the sound of his name made me sick. It had only been a couple months since…

“Mom, no.” I crossed my arms. “Why can’t they have his old room?”

“Because, Alex, your room-“

“Fuck no. I am not going to give up my room.” I yelled loudly and got a glare from both of my grandparents.

“Watch your mouth, son.” My grandfather hissed. “Now leave this room if you can’t handle yourself.”

“You can’t tell me what to do. This is my room, so I do not have to leave.” I stated.

“That is no way to talk to my parents, Alex.” My mother said, shame painted on her face.

Pfft. Like I cared. There was no way I was going to live in Daniel’s old room.

“They aren’t having my room. So if you all would be so kind as to get out,” I made a gesture with my hands for them to get out.

“Alex, my parents are going to stay in your room for as long as they’d like. We’ll move your stuff out tonight and tomorrow morning.” My mother gave me a small smile and I rolled my eyes.

“What if I don’t want to?” I raised an eyebrow and a laugh erupted from my grandfather’s chest.

“Well then you might have to go sleep on the streets! Might be better for you.” He laughed erratically.

“Dad.” My mother hissed. “My son will not be sleeping on the streets. He can go live with his father, if that’s the case, but never the streets.” She defended. “But I’m sure his brother’s old room would be just fine.”

She smiled in my direction and I scoffed.

“Go to hell.” I muttered, turning to leave the room.

“What was that, son?” My granddad called.

“I said,” I turned back to them. “Go. To. Hell.”

“You have no manners, son. No wonder you don’t have a girl following you around.” He spit. “I’ll teach you how to be a real man. Since your dad isn’t here to do it himself. Where is he, son?” He asked and I could see the pain in my mother’s features.

“Dad, that’s enough.” She cautioned.

“He left.” I yelled. “He fucking left cause my brother decided to kill himself. Now why do you think I don’t want to stay in that room? Cause I don’t want to feel any guiltier than I already am about it.”

“I’ll pop you, son. I told you to watch your mouth.” My granddad stated, stalking over to me slowly.

“You don’t even care.” I mumbled under my breath before running out the door and down the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this isn't bad. Thoughts?
8 Comments before next update? Is that too much to ask?:)

xMaryy(: