Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

two;

“I can’t believe you’re actually making me do this,” I yelled at my mom as she smirked and helped my granddad lift my nightstand and carry it across the hallway.

“It’ll be fine, honey. I don’t know why you have such a big problem with staying in here. It’s nice, and it’s so much bigger than your other room, Alex.” She smiled.

“Mom-“

“Alex, it’s fine. Just stop complaining and help my dad carry your TV.” She said and walked out of my room and down the stairs. “I’m going to start on lunch.”

I rolled my eyes dramatically and walked back into my room to see my granddad staring at me.

“What now, gramps?” I raised an eyebrow. “Or would you rather me address you as ‘sir’?”

I laughed. He glared.

“Alexander, I don’t appreciate you talking to me that way. I am your elder and you don’t treat your elders like you treat your friends.”

“I can treat you however I want to because I’m my own person and you can’t tell me what to do.” I defended. “I barely even know you.”

He sighed and shook his head.

It was silent between the two of us as we moved my TV from my room into Daniel’s old one. As we tried to set it down, my index finger got squished underneath the TV’s weight. I yanked my finger out from under the TV and swung my hand in the air.

“Fuck,” I cursed loudly, thrashing my finger around, trying to get the pain to go away.

“Language!” My granddad scolded, pointing a shaky finger at me.

“Stop telling me what to do!” I countered. “You’re already kicking me out of my own damn room-“

“Enough! You need to be taught some manners! I ought to teach you them myself.”

“You can’t change me.” I spit at him. “This isn’t your house, so I don’t have to follow your rules.”

“We’ll see about that.” He stated before walking out of the room and shutting the door quietly after him.

What was his deal?

-

It was 11:34 at night and I was lying on my bed on my stomach, scribbling down something in my notebook. After a few pages, my pencil broke and I didn’t feel like sharpening it, so I threw it on the floor and sat up.

I stared out onto the balcony that I never knew was there. I hesitated before standing up and walking over to the door and sliding it open. I walked out onto the balcony and breathed in the fresh night air.

There was a perfect view of the backyard. Trees stood tall with leaves hanging from the branches. The yard was dark and I frowned. It made me all sick to stay in the room that once belonged to my brother.

That recently killed himself.

It was all my fault.

My stomach tumbled and twirled as I thought about everything that had happened in the last month and a half; Daniel committing suicide, my dad leaving, my mom’s parents moving in. I didn’t know how to take it all in.

I looked around the balcony and spotted a small latter that lead up to the roof. I cocked my head to the side and wondered.

Why was there a latter there?

I shrugged off the thought and went back inside. I needed to get some sleep. As I turned around to go back inside, curiosity got the best of me and I stepped toward the latter. I shook it to see if it was sturdy enough for me to climb up and then I climbed up onto the roof.

I sat down and looked around. I saw that from where I was sitting, I could see all the way up the street on both sides and I put a small smile on my face.

A breeze rolled by, causing my skin to prick up in to little goose bumps, and I closed my eyes.

Up on the roof was calming; the atmosphere of it all almost made it seem like everything could be pushed aside and I could just be alone to think.

This could be my getaway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pfft. This was terribly cheesy. Feedback?
Tell me how bad it was. Go right ahead. :/

I'll update again soon; promise.
10 comments is all I ask.

xMaryy(: