Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

four;

I stood in the foyer in a pair of khaki pants and a black shirt and my mother stared at me intently. Her hand rested on her chin and a slight smile was tugging on her lips.

“Mom, do I have to wear these pants? I feel like Kim Possible.” I stated bluntly, placing my hand on my hip.

She laughed quietly.

“You look handsome,” She smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

“I’m going to put on some jeans.” I said before walking past her and hopping up the stairs.

I entered my room to see my grandmother sitting on my bed with a smile.

“Uh,”

“Well don’t you look handsome?” Her smile widened.

“Not to sound rude or anything but…why were you in my room?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I just wanted to see why you hated it so much. It’s quite roomy and comfortable.” She said, rubbing her fragile hands on the bed sheets.

I half-frowned.

“Well, yeah. I guess. But it has sort of a bad-“

“We can talk about it later. Go have fun.” She stood from my bed and approached me. “I know something’s troubling you, but we can talk about it later.”

“Thanks,” I smiled. “But can you possibly like…leave? Cause I have to change.”

“Why? I think you look fine” She stated.

“But it’s not…me.” I sighed and she rolled her eyes.

“Alright, well I hope you have fun tonight.” She smiled, hugged me, and waddled toward my bedroom door.

“I’ll try.” I smiled as she left my room.

-

After throwing on a pair of skinny jeans and running back downstairs, I was, of course, stopped at the front door by a disapproving smile from my granddad.

“Son, you can’t possibly go out of the house looking like that.” He frowned.

“I don’t care what you have to say anymore. I am going to dress how I want and I am going to talk how I want. You won’t be able to change me with any amount of lessons.” I stated, grabbing the doorknob and turning it.

He blinked slowly and sighed.

I rolled my eyes, impatient, and opened the door. I stepped outside and stood on the porch, taking in a big breath.

I walked over to Jack’s house and stood on the porch with a smile on my face. I rang the doorbell and waited patiently. I was greeted by a woman with a white blouse and navy skirt on and she wore a smile.

“Oh, you must be Jack’s new friend. Come in, he’s upstairs.” She welcomed me and stepped back from the doorway, letting me in.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

“Dinner will be ready in a few minutes, so why don’t you go up and tell Jack you’re here?” She smiled and walked off toward the kitchen. Her high heels clicked loudly on the wood floor and I climbed up the stairs.

Music blared from one of the rooms on the hall upstairs, so I turned inside, assuming it was Jack’s. I walked over to him.

He was lying on his bed on his stomach, a pair of glasses placed casually on his nose, and his eyes grazed over the pages of a book.

I cleared my throat loudly, so he could hear me over the loud music. He looked up, his eyes grew wide, and he jumped up. His book fell to the floor and he rolled off the bed.

Turning off the radio quickly, he stood up and brushed off his clothes.

“Hey,” He smiled nervously, looking me up and down.

“Hi.” I smiled brightly.

“I’m surprised to see you. You look nice.”

“Thanks. Nice glasses,” I stated, noting the glasses on his nose.

“Shut up,” He muttered, pulling them off and tossing them on his bed. “I hate them.”

“You look adorable in them,” I blurted out, covering my mouth.

“Boys! Dinner!” His mother called and we both shared an awkward look.

“Well, we should go eat, then?” He suggested after a few moments of silence.

“Yeah,” I said awkwardly. “I’m hungry.”

-

“So, Alex, how is your summer going so far?” Jack’s mother asked as I casually poked at the chicken on my plate.

“It’s okay.” I lied, putting on a smile. “How was your move?”

“It was good. Jack, though, wasn’t too fond of leaving his old school.” Jack’s dad answered, sending a look to Jack.

Jack laughed and shoved some peas in his mouth.

“Well, it wasn’t easy moving away from all my friends…and my ex.” He added, rolling his eyes.

“Oh, Jack. That boy was a waste of your time!” His mother smirked, cutting up her chicken.

Boy? What?

“Excuse me?” I thought out loud. “Did you say boy?”

Jack laughed loudly.

“Yeah.” Jack stated.

“He didn’t tell you?” His mother asked.

“Didn’t tell me what?” I raised an eyebrow, picking some chicken with my fork.

“We can talk about it later.” Jack said. “Let’s just eat.”

I sighed, stuffed the chicken in my mouth, and got lost in my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for the comments. I really appreciate them.
And I'm sorry if this was...not very good.

Seven comments and I'll update again.

Love you guys<3
xMaryy(: