Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

five;

After dinner, I was up in Jack’s room with a smirk on my face as I sat at the foot of his bed. The smirk remained on my face as I watched his eyes graze over the pages of his book from earlier. Every now and then, he’d adjust his glasses on his nose, and I couldn’t help but think that he looked somewhat adorable in them.

“Can you please tell me what’s so interesting about that book?” I thought out loud and he laughed softly.

“Have you ever read it?” He asked, holding up the book so that I could read the title. “Cause it’s really good.”

“No—I’ve never read that. But I might. Sometime,” I sighed. “When I don’t have someone over.” I hinted and he chuckled, closed the book, and set it to the side. He pulled his glasses off his face before opening his mouth to speak.

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay. I’m going to have to get going sometime soon, anyways.” I sighed.

“Also,” He began with a frown. “Sorry about dinner. My parents don’t know how to keep their mouths shut about anything.” He sat up.

“So I wasn’t imagining things? Your mom did say you dated a guy?” I asked, sounding more hopeful than I intended.

“Yeah. I was going to say something eventually, but since we just met, I didn’t want to freak you out.”

“Nah, it’s cool.” I smiled and glanced at the time.

It was 10pm already? Shit! I had to get home.

“Sorry, but I have to get home.” I frowned and he sighed.

“See you around?” He smiled, hope in his eyes.

“Yeah!” I smiled too. “Hope your book is good.”

“Hah, okay.” He laughed and I left his room.

I ran down the stairs, stopped to utter a quick ‘thank you for having me’ to his parents, and ran out the door and back to my house. I stood on the porch and slowly inched the front door open. I held my breath while I squeezed into the house, trying to make the least amount of noise possible in hopes of not disturbing anyone’s sleep. I closed the door quietly behind me and looked around to see if anyone was downstairs. When I didn’t see anyone, I tip-toed up the stairs and into my room, where I shut my door and jumped triumphantly onto my bed. Letting out a sigh of relief, I laid back and stared at the ceiling.

So many things raced through my mind at that moment. And the main thing I couldn’t stop thinking about was…Jack being gay. I just couldn’t believe it.

Feeling sick to my stomach for some odd reason, I took my thoughts up onto the roof where I felt free. I sat there for a few minutes before I saw a light flip on over at Jack’s house. I looked over and breathed slowly as narrowed my eyes, trying to figure out whose room it might have been. The window opened suddenly and I saw Jack’s face.

My breath hitched as he looked around, closed his eyes, and then pulled his head back inside. He must have not noticed me, which was good. I was in no mood for explaining why I was up on my roof this time of night.

As soon as he was back inside, the window shut and he turned his back to it. I watched as he reached down to hook his fingers under the bottom of his shirt and slipped it off. He tossed it to the side before changing out of his jeans and into some pajama pants and then jumping into his bed.

As soon as the lights went out, I averted my eyes back to my yard and let out a low sigh.

For some odd reason, I felt sort of attracted to Jack all of a sudden. But why?

-

It was 11am when I woke up the next morning and, to be honest, I didn’t even remember crawling into bed the night before. I rubbed my eyes roughly, trying to shake the sleep from them.

I went downstairs in search of something to eat and was greeted by my granddad.

“Of course.” I muttered to myself, opening the fridge and grabbing the milk. I checked the expiration date as he spoke.

“Son, where do you go at night? Because every time I go in your room-“

“Why are you in my room to begin with?” I yelled, slamming the fridge shut and taking the milk and setting it on the counter aggressively. “That’s an invasion of privacy!”

“Why should that matter? You are rude to me lots, you think you deserve me giving you privacy? For heaven’s sake, you shouldn’t even have a door.” He stated and I rolled my eyes, popping the top off the milk.

“I’m a teenage boy, that’s wrong on so many levels. And where I go at night is none of your business.” I said before bringing the jug of milk to my mouth and taking a long sip.

“Son, other people drink that milk too.” He sounded disgusted, which put a smile on my face.

“So? I’m thirsty.”

“There are glasses in the cabinet.”

“Shut up.” I scoffed and took another sip.

“You do not have the right to tell me to shut up. I am your elder and you should respect me.” He growled.

“I don’t care if you’re my elder. I don’t have to respect you; I barely know you. All you do is talk about how bad my manners are and how my clothes are outrageous. For all I care, I could walk around the house completely naked. I’d like to see you do something about it.” I laughed at myself and opened the fridge back up, putting the milk back.

He scoffed loudly and my mother entered the kitchen with a frown on her face.

“Good morning, mom!” I said with a bright smile and walked over to hug her. Her frown soon turned into a smile.

“Morning, Alex. How are you and my father getting along this morning?” She asked as soon as I pulled away from the hug.

I rolled my eyes.

“We aren’t, as usual. No big deal though.” I stated, sitting next to him at the table.

She sighed and opened the fridge and pulled out the carton of eggs.

I shared a glare with my granddad before I got up and left the kitchen.

“I’m heading over to Jack’s!” I hollered, running toward the door. And then I remembered that I just woke up a little while ago and I was nowhere near presentable. On second thought, I ran up stairs and hopped in the shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this was decent. I tried.
Thank you all so much for the comments<3
I'll update again soon.
10 comments before I update again?

xMaryy(: