Sequel: My Last Regret
Status: Completed - Sequel is up(:

I Need A Getaway

six;

After cleaning up, and possibly doing a few other things, I found some decent clothes, slipped them on, and left the house. Surprisingly, I didn’t get any protest from my granddad, so I assumed that he was sleeping or something.

I stood on Jack’s front porch and tapped my foot while I waited for someone to answer the door. Jack came to the door and opened it with a dorky grin on his face.

“You need to take a break or something, cause you’ve been over here every day since I moved in.” He said and I scoffed.

“Well, if you want me to leave you alone, I can surely do-“

“I was kidding,” He cut me off and scooted me inside the house. “But really, you’re over here a lot. Do you hate your house or something?” He asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Pretty much.” I shrugged.

“Why?” He raised an eyebrow as we entered the living room. He jumped onto the couch and smiled. “I bet it’s fun over there, unlike my house, which is completely boring. There’s nothing to do here except play stupid board games and Xbox.”

“More than I’ve got,” I smiled and he grabbed my hand, pulling me up onto the couch with him.

“I bet not.”

“I’d let you be the judge…but-“

“Then it’s settled then,” He smiled as we jumped up and down on the couch. My stomach swirled at the contact. “We’re going to your house. Right now.”

“But-“

“No buts,” He stated and jumped off the couch, pulling me with him back onto the floor since he never let go of my hand. “Let’s go.”

-

We sat in my room, on my bed, and it was completely silent. I heard our heavy breathing and that’s just about it. We sat there for about five minutes straight before I heard feet shuffling in the hallway. I tensed up and decided to make casual conversation to get my mind off of whoever was in the hallway.

“It sucks that my parents are home,” I said and he looked at me with a confused look.

“Why? Were you planning on seducing me or something?” He asked, and I laughed awkwardly.

“No…” I said in a low voice.

“Right,” He said sarcastically and wiggled his eyebrows. “Not like I would have a problem with it or anything.”

“Oh hush,” I rolled my eyes.

“I bet you’d want to, though, if you had the chance.” He said in a husky voice, leaning closer to me.

I swallowed hard as he rested his forehead on mine and grinned evilly. There was more feet shuffling in the hallway and I closed my eyes when I heard them stop, and soon, my bedroom door was flung open.

Me and Jack flew apart and I stared blankly at the person standing in the door way.

“What were you two just doing, son?” My breath caught in my throat as my eyes focused on my granddad. He had a scowl on his face and he walked toward us.

He grabbed Jack by the collar of his shirt and yanked him off the bed. He shook Jack and I flipped the fuck out.

“Who is this?” He asked, shaking Jack angrily. “Who? I don’t know him, so why on Earth is he in the house? Who is this?”

“My friend.” I stated, gritting my teeth. “Can you please stop shaking him?”

He dropped Jack’s shirt and Jack fell back onto the bed.

“Does your friend have a name?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Jack.” I said, looking at him.

“Barakat. My last name’s Barakat, sir.” Jack added.

“See, how come you can’t have manners like this one does?” My granddad asked. “That seems to be the only likably quality with this friend of yours. He still dresses like you, which is practically a disgrace to how your mother raised you.”

“I should leave now…” Jack muttered, standing my from my bed and attempting to walk past my granddad.

“Don’t you dare leave in the middle of me talking to you, boy. That’s rude.” He growled and Jack walked back and sat next to me.

“How are our clothes a disg-“

“I was getting there, but your friend interrupted me.” He said, cutting me off and glaring over at Jack. “Wearing shirts with people being stabbed, for instance, seems a little disgraceful to me.” He said.

“Well, I think you can live with it because you can’t make us dress any different.” I stated, rolling my eyes.

“I most certainly could, if I wanted to.” He said, putting his hand on his hip. “Now I want that boy out of this house this instant.”

“Why?” I asked, standing up and getting in his face.

“Because you don’t deserve to have anyone over, with the way you’ve been treating me since I’ve moved in. In my opinion, I think that your grandmother and I moving in with you and your mom is the best thing that could happen. Since your brother died and your father left, I think this house needed to be filled with some type of family. So, what I’m really curious about is why did your brother kill himself to begin with? Was it because you mouthed off to him like you do me? And is it the same with your father’s departure?” He asked and I seriously had to use all I had to keep myself from clawing his eyes out and shoving them down his throat.

“What the fuck?” I yelled in his face.

“Did you curse at them like that too?” He raised an eyebrow.

I bit my lip and my eyes began to sting. He didn’t even fucking see how much he hurt me then, because he raised his hand to my face and cupped my jaw with a fragile smile.

“I would do exactly what they did, because I think what you’re doing these days are outrageous. But don’t worry, son, I can fix that if you let me.” He smiled and I swatted his hand away from my face and screamed.

“I know it was my fault!” I yelled, tears spilling over. “But you don’t have to fucking rub it in as much as you possibly can because it doesn’t make anything better. I’m not going to change anything about me. I’ll do whatever the hell I want and you can’t do anything about it. Ever since you and grandma moved in, you’ve given me hell about every damn thing I do and I’m sick of it!” I cried, turning away from him and covered my face with my hands to save myself a bit of humiliation.

“I don’t know how many times I need to tell you to watch your language, but-“

I fucking had enough, so I turned around and screamed at him to get out. He stood there, staring at me with wide eyes.

“Out!” I yelled, pointing toward the door with a shaking hand.

“Alex, we can move past this all if you’d just-“

“Get the fuck out before I make you!” I screamed, pushing him toward the door. He sighed and left the room, shutting the door after.

I turned to Jack; tears running down my face like waterfalls; my body shaking intensely; practically choking on my own breaths. He looked at me sympathetically and held his arms out for me. I shook my head slowly before walking toward him and let him pull me into a hug.

He pulled me up into his lap and pet my hair. “It’ll be alright.” He whispered and I buried my face in his shirt and cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't going to update this until Monday, but I did.
And I worked hard on this, so I better get comments ;)
Thank you all for commenting last chapter and I hope you liked this...
<33

xMaryy(: [I'll update soon]