Status: Active

The Perfect Words Never Crossed My Mind

07

“Well, where do I go from here?” Eloise said. She didn’t know what came next after telling Amanda and Liz how she and Sidney started going out.

“You already told how you guys started, how about how you guys ended? Why did you guys break up? Why didn’t you stay in touch?” Amanda said. She was truly curious about Eloise and Sidney’s relationship.

“And tell us how much you’re still in love with him,” Liz said.

“Will you shut up, I’m trying to listen,” Liz sent Amanda a glare, Amanda just smile innocently.

“I was really into fashion as we all know, and Sidney was moving up in the hockey world, obviously. After graduation he was going to stick around because everyone knew he was going to get offers from pro leagues and stuff like that. I didn’t want to stick around and watch him become successful and forget me behind, so I applied for the school me and Liz met at in London, but I never thought I would get accepted,” the girls both had confused faces and Amanda urged her to go on with what she was saying.

“So when I got the acceptance letter from London, I was shocked. I promised Sidney that I would follow him wherever his hockey career would lead him, but I knew I couldn’t keep it after getting that letter. It was my dream school, I never told Sidney though. I was scared. So I just broke up with him and left him in the gym after we graduated. I felt horrible about, I mean, I still do. After seeing him today though, I thought that all the feelings that I left behind just came rushing back,” Eloise saw a tear drop on her hand and she had started tearing up without even realizing it.

The girls gave her a look of sympathy when Amanda started to say, “We’re going to a penguins hockey game, my cousin plays for them so I can just score us some good seats,” she smiled at Eloise.

“You never told us what happened today though,” Liz said. Eloise sighed and then started to tell them what happened.

After she was done, she continued, “I just never thought Sidney would give up so easily. He was never like that when we dating, if we were fighting or he knew I was upset he would be so stubborn and try to figure out what happened and make it right. Maybe… I just don’t even know anymore,” Eloise was ready to break down and she didn’t even know why.

It wasn’t like she and Sidney kept touch, she didn’t know anything about him anymore except for that he played hockey for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She didn’t even know he was the captain until Amanda told her. Eloise figured that she should just give up the crazy idea of seeing him again, regardless of the fact that Amanda said she could get seats to the next game. She didn’t want to see him like that.

“Amanda, I think you should call up your cousin and get tickets for the next game,” Liz said. “Tonight, we should party it up by going to a club! Okay, go get ready Elle.”

“No, I think I’m going to stay in.”

“What? No, you’re coming with. I will not take no for an answer,” Liz said.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun. You could get your mind off of Sidney, at least for a little. Please?” Amanda started pouting and when Liz saw her she decided to pout as well.

“Ugh, fine. I’ll go take a shower and get ready,” Eloise walked down the hall and into the bathroom in defeat.

After getting out of the shower, Eloise did her hair and make up and walked into her room seeing an outfit laid on her bed, she immediately knew it was Liz because she always loved to dress Elle. Deciding not to start another fit, she put the outfit on and walked out of her room to find Amanda and Liz ready.

Liz had already called a cab and when it arrived they went to a club a couple of streets over. The girls grabbed a table and Liz went to the bar to get them drinks. When she came back she had gotten more than just drinks. She was talking to a tall, broad guy.

“Hey guys, this is Kris, and these two lovely girls are Amanda and Eloise, but you can call her Elle,” Liz was definitely flirting with him.

“Hello, nice to meet you ladies, but if you don’t mind I’m going to snag your friend for dancing,” he smiled and took Liz to the dance floor. Eloise finished her drink fast and Amanda offered to go to the bar to get them another drink. And when she came back with drinks, she came back with a guy as well.

“Hey Elle, I feel really bad, but I’m going to dance with Jordan. Will you be fine by yourself for a little?” she gave a small smile and Eloise knew she felt a little bad, but she didn’t want to ruin anyone’s time so she just smiled and nodded. Eloise just sat the table and drank the drink that Amanda had gotten her when she looked up and saw the eyes that had been familiar to her the last two years of her high school career.

“Hi, is this seat taken?” Sidney asked. She gave a light smile and said no. She felt him sit down next to her and realized it was closest she had been to Sidney in four years. They sat there in awkwardness for five minutes until Sidney said something.

“So uh, do you know how much a polar bear weighs?”

“Uh, no. How much?”
“Enough to break the ice,” he smiled at her and Eloise just laughed.

“You were always cheesy, you know that?”

“Yeah, but that was one of the things that made you fall in love with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to make write my chapters ahead of time so that way I can just post them. I hope you like the story so far! Comment and subscribe! :)