Status: Bloody Mary; Comments help save a soul.

Time's Up Mary

.4

"Yes, mom, I love you too." My smile strained as we talked on the phone. She mentioned a few more things, then hung up. Sighing, I looked around my bedroom. Lyam, Carly and Charlie all sat around. Jynx was running late.

Charlie cleared her throat, "So.. What the hell do you want us for?" She sighed and picked at her nails. Her nervous habit.

"We're going to summon Bloody Mary." The words blatantly escaped my lips. Looking at each of their expressions, I bit down on my lower lip. "Guys, c'mon, it's just an experiment."

Lyam cleared his throat as he brought his knees up to his chin. His eyes darted around the room for a moment. He sighed and looked down to the ground. When I had told him of the plan last night, he disagreed with the whole thing and did not want anything to do with it. But after thirty minutes of begging and pleading, he broke down and agreed.

Carly played with her stretched ears and looked to me. Her eyes just held a certain sadness, the same one that had been playing in her eyes for the past three years. A shirt laid across her lap. It was the first shirt that her girlfriend, Charlotte, had ever given her. "What's taking Jynx so long? I want to get this damn thing over with." She snapped.

As if by magic, Jynx walked through the door and smiled at all of us. She held in her hand a simple grey hoodie. The same one that her sister, Reese, had been wearing the night of the ritual. I only remember that because I had seen her before the whole ordeal. "Hey guys, um.. Are we ready?" She sounded nervous as she stood in the door way.

Standing up, I smiled and hugged her tight. "We're all ready. I have Ben's shirt, Carly has something of Charlotte's and I see you have Reese's hoodie." A shaky breath escaped. Everyone was silent for a moment. "Let's all head to the bathroom, then." Leading the way, I stepped into the bathroom that was once Ben's and looked around. Nothing had really changed. The rest of the group filed in, five people in a small bathroom, a small bathroom that changed all of our lives three years ago.

_

"Is everyone ready?" I stood in the center of a small circle and looked to the mirror. With the blood of each of our hands, we touched the mirror and each article of clothing. Everyone was silent; Lyam stood there and looked to the mirror, his brown eyes showed pain. Charlie was chewing on her lip as she stared into the mirror. Jynx and Carly were both dead silent, their eyes were showing determination and anger. "I will take that as a yes. Now, we all need to say the famous name three times, at the same time." My body ached with anxiety.

Everyone nodded agreement.

"Wait! How is this going to work? We can't for sure know that B-Mary is going to show up, and if she does.. How are we going to stop her?" Carly brought up a very good point.

My mind racked for what Ben had written down so long ago. "Ben mentions something about summoning her, then calling for the spirit of the man who killed her.. Something about how he'll stop her from harming us and also ending the whole curse."

"What's his name?" Lyam finally spoke.

"William Smith. He was the preacher's son. He was the one who finally ended Mary's life. I don't exactly remember why he did it though." Lying, I was lying straight to their faces. I had no choice though, they did not need to know what type of torture Mary was put through or why. "Now, is everyone ready? We have to do this right or the ritual won't work and we won't have a chance of defeating this thing once and for all." They all nodded, "Now, on the count of three. One.. Two.. Three."

"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary," the lights flickered on then off and the door shook. The mirror made a cracking sound. Charlie attempted to break the circle, "STOP!" The rest of us shouted. Charlie did not listen. "Bloody Mary." The circle was broken and the room shook. Charlie ran for the door and was stopped by something. A force. It knocked her backwards into the group.

The mirror cracked, the sound of nails on a chalkboard erupted in our ears. A horrifying scream erupted. We all looked to Charlie, her chest was ripped open. A woman a top of her, she turned and smiled to us. She said nothing, her dark hair covered her eyes. Matted and coated in something grimy. She brought her hands back to show long nails, blood dripping from the tips of them. She screamed as she lunged for Charlie's throat. Carly dove towards Charlie, but was knocked back.

"WILLIAM SMITH, WILLIAM SMITH, WILLIAM SMITH!" The apparition cackled as she heard the name shouted. Lyam was the one who had finally broken the silence. "STOP, YOU DAMN BITCH!" His body was shaking with rage. The spirit continued her damage, we were all stuck there to watch.

Charlie gurgled, she spit and Bloody Mary turned to face us. She floated above the body and grinned to us. "William Smith, William Smith, William fucking Smith. He won't do anything! You're all going to hell now, and I will make sure of it. Just like your damn siblings." Her eyes connected with mine. A long finger dragged to my direction, "Especially you." She cackled and within seconds the lights stopped flickering and everyone was silent. Bloody Mary was gone.

Jynx dove towards Charlie and held her close. Charlie's throat continued to seep. Tears escaped Jynx's eyes. Sobs erupted all around. My eyes stuck on the slashes, Charlie had gone the same way that Charlotte had gone. Carly's eyes were glued to Charlie, she knelt beside the body and let small tears slip.

_

Within moments of the phone call, the ambulance had arrived and we were questioned. We said an intruder came into the home while we were in my room. We heard screams, tried to help, but were unable to. The intruder took Charlie's life before we had the chance to save her. They had apologized for our loss and left. But a detective was sent to investigate further.

My parents arrived home, they came bounding through the front door. Lyam's arms were wrapped tightly around my body. Jynx was sleeping in the chair, blood still caked on her face. Carly was at the hospital, she had a concussion from being thrown backwards. My mother ran to her, "Mary! Oh, Mary!" She sobbed and held me close. Lyam's arms sill around my waist. He refused to let go.

"Mommy." Tears fell, sobs escaped, I nuzzled my face into her neck as I cried.

_

Opening my eyes, I looked around and realized I wasn't even in my own home. Beside me was a sleeping Lyam and a small puppy, Butterscotch. I sniffled and came to the realization that last night had not been a bad dream. Looking to my charging phone, I saw my mother had texted me:

Mary, you'll be staying with Lyam for a few days.
We're going to be staying with Grandma and Grandpa.
I just don't want to be in that house, and we aren't able to anyway.
Lyam's mother seemed pleased to have you stay.
We all agree it'd be best for you to be with friends at this time.
Love you, sweetie. xx


Slipping out from Lyam's grasp, I walked to the bathroom and splashed water onto my face. Looking into the mirror, my heart stopped. "Mary, please don't scream, it's me, Benny." The face of my deceased brother reflected.

"B-Benny, o-oh my god." I blubbered. "L-last night, w-we t-t-thought we c-could save you." I touched the mirror and winced at the pain that erupted through my hand. The cut from last night from the blood.

The same playful smirk that always played on his lips spread. "Mary, please, don't ever be alone. Once alone, she can get to you. I'm going to try and save you from this side. Just don't be alone, please." He whispered softly. His hand touched the mirror from the other side.

"I'll do what you say, bubby." Tears slipped down, they had not stopped since last night.

He smiled and dropped his hand, "I love you, sissy. Just, stay strong and get ready for a shit ton of fighting. My box has more information. Just go to it to find ways to protect yourself. The rest of us are going to try to help from here." His image slipped away.

'Benny, how the hell am I supposed to fight something that seems stronger than myself?'
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I'm bringing it back.

Sorry for such a shit chapter.

Keep watching for more updates.

xx