Status: Comment please!!!

The Traveling Tale of the Two Troublesome Twins

Stage Stealings

I kicked Kourtnea’s pillows and rolled over and grabbed my stomach. Oh my Buddha, I felt horrible. Then I felt the vomit coming on. I ran to the bathroom as quickly as I could. A few minutes later I began brushing my teeth and stumbled back to Kourtnea’s bed. I looked at the wall clock. Hyung Jun has got to be sick. I took my phone in my hand and was dialing his number, and then I fell asleep.

***Kourtnea’s POV***
Dad will KILL me if I lost Kaylea. Crap, wait. Kaylea can wait, Kibum is coming over here. I glanced around backstage and locked eyes with Kahri. She laughed a little and spotted Alexander.

“Hey you.” Kibum said. I smiled and blushed. I always did that, I really need to stop doing that. Really Bad…

“You did great out there.” I said as I pointed to the stage. I was nervous, the way I always am with Kibum. All traces of the flu have disappeared from both of us. We were quiet for a minute then heard the MC’s voice come over the stage.

“Now! Here to perform Man Man Ha Ni live, UKISS!!!” I kissed Kibum once more and he and Alexander ran out to the stage. I walked over to Kahri.

“Where’s Hyung Jun?” I asked. If I could find him, I could find Kay.

“Uh, last I saw him, he was headed toward the bathroom.” Kahri said. I looked at her blankly. He’s got the flu. I knew it. That’s what happened to Kaylea! She got sick.

I practically ran to the bathroom, two years of Health class really does have an effect on you. “HYUNG JUN!” I yelled.

“Uh.” He moaned. I swallowed my pride and walked into the boy’s bathroom.

“Oppa?” I asked. Then I spotted him. Lying against the cold floor. There is nothing you want more than something cold when you have a fever. “Great. Come on.” I helped stand up Hyung Jun and led him out of the bathroom. Kahri spotted me and ran over to me.

“Whoa, be careful, you’ll get sick again.” She sat Hyung Jun down on something unfamiliar to me. “Oh no…” She said.

“What?” I demanded.

“Someone will have to present this to UKISS…” She said. Then she smiled. “You do it. All you have to do is introduce yourself as some contest winner and whisper to Kibum that Hyung Jun is sick.”

“Kahri! I can’t I can’t go on stage!” I panicked.

“Would you rather get sick again, or go on stage?” Kahri challenged.

“Fine.” I took the flower assortment from her hand and stood by the stage entrance. Man Man Ha Ni was about finished so I became quiet. A young looking girl came over to me.

“Are you giving those to…?”

“Um..Soo Hyun, I guess. And yes.” I said nervously.

“In Korean, give those to Soo Hyun and tell them they did an amazing job. But, you’ll have to stay a minute and introduce yourself. Then give everyone of them a hug, bow to the audience, and walk back here. Understand?” She said snootily.

I nodded unsure. I felt queasy, but that was just the nerves. “Come quickly.” Another young girl said. She handed me a microphone and put foundation on my face. I accidentally twitched and watched the foundation fall to the ground. The lady sighed and picked it up as best as she could.

Then the moment came. “Would UKISS please step forward a little bit. Now close your eyes.” Someone motioned me on stage. I took a breath and walked on stage. “It seems UKISS has a surprise visitor.” The MC said. I got to the little ‘X’ on the stage. “Okay, open your eyes!” He said.

Kibum began laughing and soon followed by everyone else. “Hello! I am a contest winner and UKISS’ biggest fan!” I said introducing myself. “My name is Kourtnea!” I said in Korean. The audience clapped their hands which made me feel better.

I shakily handed the flowers to Soo Hyun and thanked me. I bowed to him. Then I began my hugs with the members. Kiseop first. Kevin. Soo Hyun. Dongho. Eli. Alexander. Then, finally Kibum. I whispered in his ear. “Hyung Jun, oppa, is sick. The flu, like we had.”

He was quiet for a moment then whispered back. “Okay, I’ll be off the stage and we can go home. I think Kaylea went back to the dorm.” He said. I smiled and went turned around. I bowed to the audience.

Then came a deafening chat. “KISS KIBUM!!! KISS KIBUM!!! KISS KIBUM!!!” My mouth came open a little bit. Kevin and Alexander began laughing hysterically.

The MC even joined in. “Kiss him, Kourtnea!” Great…isn’t my day going perfect? I have a sick twin sister and now I have to embarrass myself by kissing Kibum in public. I ran over to Kibum and kissed him on the nose. He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

I blushed and walked swiftly off stage. As I was leaving the audience, I heard them shouting, “ENCORE!!” I so didn’t have time to wait for this, I motioned Kahri to come on and meet me outside.

“I feel horrible about this.” I said. I flashed around a set of keys. I ran to Kibum’s car.

Kahri sighed and led Hyung Jun to the car. She got him in the backseat. And slid into the passenger seat. “You’re not driving?” I asked. She shook her head.

“This is the time I’ve ever sat down in the car. I’m not driving it.” She said. Thanks that did not make me feel better about borrowing without asking to use Kibum’s car. “How did you even get the keys?”

“I have been one of the best pocket pickers since Jr. High school. Don’t question me.” Kahri sat back in her seat. I pulled the car onto the road and took a deep breath. I looked in the rear view mirror. “Kahri. Do you have a bag…?” I asked. She nodded, thank gosh. “Hand it to Hyung Jun, oppa, please.” She did that and looked back at her. “Where am I going?”

“Um…right. Now!” She screamed. I turned sharply and heard the tires squeal. I looked over at Kahri. “Sooner than that.” I said.

Somehow we made to the school and I shut off the car. “I’ll take him inside.” Kahri said. “You might want to take Kibum his car back.” She said. I nodded and my phone began to ring.

“Hello?” I asked innocently. It was Kibum, heh, I sure do love karma.

“Where are you at?” He asked.

“Um, the truth?” I said.

“Yes, that would be nice.”

“A dragon ate Kahri, Hyung Jun, and me along with your car and he is flying around Seoul.” I bluffed a little bit.

“Yeah…wait, my car?” He asked seriously. “Tell the dragon that I can get madder than he can so he better bring my car back.” He said grinding his teeth.

“I can’t lie to you. I stole your keys from your pocket on stage and I heard that the crowd wanted an audience so I borrowed without asking your car. Only because of Hyung Jun, oppa!” I said truthfully.

“Really?” Kibum asked sarcastically. “Well, Kahri has the other car. So, I advise you to safely return my car and never take my keys again.” He growled.

“Alright. I won’t take your keys. I’m sorry.” I said. Kibum sighed.

“I’m sorry, I just love my car. Now, can you return it without getting lost?” He asked.

“Uh…” I said nervously.

“Okay, start the car and turn on the navigation system it’ll tell you where to go.” He said. I said okay and told him I’d be there shortly. We hung up and I began driving back the fancy car.

***Kaylea’s POV***
I heard the door click open but didn’t move. “Oh my goodness…thank you.” Kahri said. She laid Hyung Jun down on her bed. And came over to me and felt my forehead. “Fever.” She muttered to herself. “Kourtnea was right.” I tuned out and fell asleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHA!! My character finally gets thoughts!! <3