Status: Comment please!!!

The Traveling Tale of the Two Troublesome Twins

I'm Thankful For...

Hyung Joon drove Hyung Jun and I back to the dorm and found Kahri and Kevin there just chilling. After a minute of saying hello, Hyung Joon left leaving Kahri, Kevin, Hyung Jun, and I to talk or whatever. But since it was a Sunday, and we have school tomorrow we were all mellowed out.

Kourtnea and Kibum came in and slammed the door behind them. “Dang paparazzi.” Kourtnea yelled loudly.

“They got a picture of Kibum’s face, didn’t they?” Kahri asked. Kibum and Kourtnea nodded their head.

“Great…” Kevin muttered.

The conversation slowed down and everyone just sat down on the couch and dazed off. I smiled and stood up. I grabbed the only thing Kourtnea forgot. Her lyric book. I took the bumblebee pen and began to sing one of her finished songs. My audition song.

Kourtnea stood up and danced music video style behind me to her own song without realizing it. I finished the song and Kourtnea finished dancing. Kahri clapped and laughed at the random outburst of singing and dancing.

“That’s great, Kaylea!” Hyung Jun said.

“You have to say that, you’re my boyfriend.” I snorted.

“He’s right, Kaylea, that was awesome.” Kevin commented. I didn’t expect to get a comment from Kibum but to my surprise, I did.

“I thought it was awesome.” Kibum said. Then he whispered something in Kourtnea’s ear. I didn’t want to listen.

Kourtnea would have said something but she began kissing Kibum passionately. “What song was that?” Kahri asked studying the little book. “Whoa! That was Kourtnea’s song?!”

I nodded my head. Kahri tapped Kourtnea’s shoulder breaking her away from her kissing scene. “You wrote that?” Kahri asked.

“Yes, Kahri, I wrote it. I thought you knew that.” Kourtnea said a little aggravated. Kibum reached for the lyric book and Kourtnea blushed.

“You sing. You write. What a pair.” Kevin said laughing. “There’s something that reminds me of both of the Kims when I talk to you two.” He sighed. Kourt and I blushed.

Kourtnea then leaned over and whispered something in my ear. “You’re audition is in two months. Don’t know if you knew that. Let’s keep it a secret so you don’t get too nervous.” I nodded my head. She had a point…

All of a sudden, my phone rang and scared me out of my rainbow socks. “Hello?” I asked. It was Dad, Kourt and I had been forgetting to call him. It has been like a month and a half since we left America.

“Hey, sweetie! I’ve haven’t talked to you in a while!” He said all cheerful. This can’t be good. I grabbed Kourt’s hand and took her into the bathroom so I could put him on speakerphone.

“I know it has been what a couple of weeks…?” I asked. I clicked the speakerphone button and told Dad he was on speakerphone.

“Well, I was just wondering…” See? These things are never good. “If you and Kourtnea maybe wanted to spend Thanksgiving break with me?” He asked. Whew, that was totally not what I expected. Kourtnea nodded her head and smiled.

“Yeah Dad! That’d be great!!” I said quickly.

“Good, because there is someone I’d like you and Kourtnea to meet.” There is always a catch. Kourtnea’s face fell and she walked out of the bathroom. She practically slammed the door.

“That’s great Dad! When does our plane leave?” I asked anxiously trying to figure out how to ask the next question.

“It leaves tomorrow from the Seoul International Airport at 9 in the morning.” Gag. That is like way too early. Super too early.

“Um…Dad…there’s a question I wanted to ask you. Is it okay if Kourtnea and I bring a couple of the friends we made at school?” I asked struggling for words.

“Yeah, honey, that’s great.” He said. “I have to go; I will pick you up at the airport, so no need to worry.” He told me bye and I hung up the phone. I walked into the main room and sat down on the couch just to get right back up and answer the door. Oh…my…Buddha…Jae is standing at the front door.

“Hey, Kaylea, remember me?” Jae asked. I just kind of stood there and looked at Hyung Jun who was turned around to face me.

“Hey, Jae. Come on in.” I said. It was really awkward…I mean really awkward. Jae walked in and looked at everyone staring at him.

“Jae, you remember my sister, Kourtnea?” I asked.

He slid behind me and told her not to beat him up. She was controlling herself not to go off on him. “I remember her. I still have a cut on my cheek from her damn ring.” He said. Kourtnea threw her hands against the couch and mumbled something into Kibum’s shirt.

“This is my roommate, Kahri.” I said pointing at the other girl in the room. Jae looked at her strangely then I whispered she has a boyfriend and he wiped the smile off his face.

“This is Kourtnea’s boyfriend, Kibum.” I said smiling as best as I could. Next I had to introduce Hyung Jun.

“Glad someone could contain that beast.” Jae muttered. But Kibum actually did hear it and stood up ready to face him. Kourtnea pulled his hand to sit back down. He did but still glared at Jae.

“And this is my boyfriend, Hyung Jun. Who is an Oppa to Kibum.” I said quietly. Kibum smirked.

Jae looked at me and didn’t say anything. He was quiet, but said so many things with his expression. “Is this why you couldn’t date me…?” He asked looking down at the ground.

I didn’t say anything. I just shook my head ‘no’. Hyung Jun came and stood next to me. “We’re friends. Nothing more.” I said softly. Jae balled up his fists and inhaled deeply. ‘Don’t do it, don’t do it…’ I thought to myself. He unclenched his hands and slapped me in the face. I stepped to the side and let Hyung Jun kill him. (No, we weren’t going to really kill him.)

Hyung Jun began throwing punches at him and Kibum stood up and held Jae from squirming. For Hyung Jun and Kibum to get in fight against each other like a day ago, they work great as a team… After a few minutes of beating him up, Hyung Jun took mercy on him and threw him of the door.

“Are you alright?” Hyung Jun demanded. I nodded my hand and hugged him. After that everyone was jittery and wanted to get out of the apartment. I thought of the long week and a half of no school…then I remembered our vacation in America.

Kahri was going, Kevin was going, Hyung Jun was most defiantly going, Kibum was obviously going, and Kourtnea and I were going. Buddha, that’s a lot of people. “Kahri, Kevin, and everyone else in this room, pack your bags! Because we’re heading to America for Thanksgiving!!” I said loudly.

“Thanksgiving past like three months ago.” Kevin said.

“Well, here in the American part of the International school, we get a week and a half off for the American Thanksgiving.” I explained. Because in Korea, Thanksgiving is celebrated on September fourteenth. “So pack your belongings!” I yelled. Kevin went to his apartment, Kourtnea and Kibum went to theirs, and Hyung Jun went to his. I stayed here with Kahri, because obviously I had nowhere else to go.

So the next day, Kahri drove to everyone’s apartment and picked them up and then headed over to the airport. Everyone except Kevin got through security okay (Kevin had left his belt on).
We were on the plane last because even experienced Kourtnea couldn’t find her way.

Kourtnea and I sat next to each other and Kahri on the aisle seat. Hyung Jun, Kibum, and Kevin sat across the aisle from us. Before the plane even took off, Kourtnea was asleep and we were all out of conversations.

By the end of the flight, I was sitting next to Hyung Jun, Kibum was sleeping next to Kourtnea and Kahri and Kevin were sitting in the aisle seats. “Thank you for choosing to fly with Southwest.” The flight attendant said. Everyone shuffled sleepily off the plane. We walked to American Airport and Kourtnea spotted Dad immediately. She ran up and hugged him. I joined in the hug less than three seconds after Kourtnea ran up to him. Kahri, Kevin, Kibum, and Hyung Jun stood close by.

This is like Kibum and Hyung Jun’s first trip to America. And of course, Kahri and Kevin were born in California. “Oh Dad…these are our friends from Korea…” Kourtnea said after a minute of hugging.

“This Kahri. Kevin. Kibum. And Hyung Jun.” She said. Dad raised his eyebrows.

“I thought that this was an all-girls academy.” Dad said. I couldn’t wait to hear how Kourtnea was going to explain this one.

“Well Kevin is Kahri’s brother. And Kibum is Kevin’s friend. And Hyung Jun is Kibum’s older brother.” Kourtnea said keeping it vague. I laughed. And everyone else cracked a smile.

“Alright…well let’s go.” Dad said. We got our bags and walked to the SUV Dad drove over here.

“Daddy…” Kourtnea began. “Can I drive home…?” She asked sweetly. Again, she was allowed to drive home. She took the keys and made sure everyone was in the car.

“Now, everyone, please pray to whoever you need to pray to! Kourtnea is driving.” I said loudly throughout the car. All the conversation stopped (although there was hardly any at all). Within fifteen minutes, we were at home safe and sound. I threw myself out of the car and kissed the ground to make a dramatic scene. Kourtnea flicked me off.

“Kourtnea!” Dad scolded. She tossed him the keys and grabbed her bags. Dad led the way to the house and Kourtnea and Kibum followed closely behind him. I stayed behind to talk to everyone else.

“So what does everyone think so far?” I asked.

“I like it. It’s cool, America.” Hyung Jun said. I laughed and led the way into the house. I tossed my bags against the front wall and everyone just neatly set theirs down. I ran to my old room and found the door locked.

“Dad…?” I asked. Kourtnea was sitting on his bed full of anger. Kibum was sitting behind her.

“What happened?” I asked everyone. Kibum kept his mouth shut. “Why is our door locked?” I walked over to Kourt and she had fire blaze in her eyes and shook her head. Oh shit…No. No.

“Kaylea.” Dad began. “This is Angela. My fiancé.” He said. He hugged a tall picturesque blonde woman. I looked at Kourtnea and Kibum. Kibum had put his arm on Kourt’s shoulder and she shrugged him off.

“That doesn’t explain why our room is locked.” I said dramatically.

He led me to my old room and unlocked it. I peered inside. Instead of two beds there were two cribs. Both occupied by two infants. I turned around to face Dad. “You could have told us sooner.” I muttered. I walked back to his bed and sat next to Kourtnea and Kibum. I could see Kahri, Kevin, and Hyung Jun sitting on the couch quietly.

I glared at Angela and smirked. “I’m going to get some dinner. Want anything kids?” Dad asked. Kourtnea and I shook our heads. He walked into the kitchen.

“Hi, I’m Angela.” Bad move lady. She extended her hand for Kourt to shake. If Kibum hadn’t been holding her shoulders. Kourtnea probably would have bitten her.

Kourtnea glared at her. My eyes focused on Kourtnea. She stood up and curtsied politely. Angela smiled. And while Kourtnea was standing back up from her curtsy, she kicked Angela in the shin knowing that it would leave a bruise on the perfect, snooty, princess. Kibum, Kourtnea, and I walked out of the bedroom and into the guest bedroom.

Or what used to be the guest bedroom, it was now turned into a toddler’s room. That makes a total of three new siblings we didn’t know about. Kourtnea slammed the door and screamed at the top of her lungs trying to wake up every living thing in the neighborhood.

She succeeded. Two babies started to scream along with her and a toddler came out of the guest room. All our friends covered their ears. Dad got tired of her screaming and covered her mouth. Angela went to put the infants back to sleep. “Where are we going to sleep?” Kourtnea finally asked.

“In our loft.” Dad answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sissy has been complaining how she hasn't written any interesting chapters. So I've given a week and a half of Thanksgiving holidays to write about, she can find something interesting, right?

---- Sissy here to say I DO NOT COMPLAIN!!!!!!!