Status: Comment please!!!

The Traveling Tale of the Two Troublesome Twins

Illegal in NYC

Since we live in Auburn, New York, I decided to take this love bus to the Harriet Tubman house (what else are we going to?! I mean come on; it’s not our fault we live in a boring town!!)

“Harriet Tubman house…” Kourtnea said to me. I nodded. “Wait, half the people in the car doesn’t know who or care why Harriet Tubman is famous.” She said.

She had a point. “Um, then the Cayuga Museum.” I said. Kourtnea shook her head.

“Closed today.” She said. “Look, we got money, a master card and a set of wheels, drive to The City.” She said referring to New York City. Now I smiled. Smart thinking. I made a U-Turn, probably illegally but I don’t really care and got off on the interstate.

“Is she legally allowed to drive…?” Hyung Jun asked Kourtnea.

“Um…well…we’re twins so when she’s driving, I just slip her my license.” Kourtnea said. I looked in the rear view mirror to see Hyung Jun’s expression. It was priceless. “I’m just kidding, Oppa. She has her license, and I have mine.” Hyung Jun sighed and I laughed.

“What are we going to do for four and a half hours?” Kourtnea asked. She has the attention span of a gold fish.

“Uh, talk. Catch up on things.” I said, I was used it finding things for people with attention spans like fish to do. Kourtnea turned around in her seat to talk to everyone. “Turn around; I’m not getting arrested today!” I yelled at Kourtnea. She snickered and turned around. Kevin fell asleep [late night, huh, Kevin?! Just kidding!] And Kahri played with his phone, checking numbers and what not. Hyung Jun was teasing Kibum about how his hair was cut uneven.

“Kaylea! I’m thirsty!” Kourtnea said loudly. Kevin sat up, Kahri hid his phone, and Hyung Jun and Kibum stopped talking. She can shut up a car. I sighed and pulled into a totally random gas station.

“The only reason I’m stopping is because we actually need gas.” I said to Kourtnea. We’ve only been driving an hour. I grinned and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Ew. Sissy slobber!” I yelled. We laughed and she pulled Angela’s money out from the CD holder on the visor.

“What do you guys want to drink?” She asked the people in the back of the car.

“Um…Cider Soda!” Kevin said. Kourtnea and I laughed hysterically.

“This is America, Kevin, you get a Sprite.” I said to Kevin still laughing.

“Kahri? What do you want?” Kourtnea asked. “Nope, don’t answer that.” She ran into the store. I got out to get gas. I filled the car up, paid, and got in and waited for Kourtnea. She came out with like three bags.

She got in the car. “Root beer. Vanilla Coke. Mountain Dew: Distortion. Dr. Pepper. 7-Up. And Cream Soda. And Sour Straws just to make the world more fun.” Kourtnea said. Hyung Jun and Kibum hadn’t tried most of the awesome drinks we have in America and it had been a long time since Kahri and Kevin had.

Poor Koreans didn’t have awesome sodas…”Pass them around! And Kaylea, I got you a root beer to yourself, and me. Everyone else gets to drinks the rest.” Kourtnea said. I laughed and took the Root Beer. “Okay, next lesson! The Sour Straws are to be put in the drink; it may bubble a little, but take a sip before you put the straw in. Now that you’ve taken the sip, you may now safely put the straw in the drink. Then, treat it like a normal straw. Just suck through it. It’ll taste different, but that’s the sour crystals dissolving in your drink.”

I took a sour straw and pulled out onto the highway. Kourtnea began her teaching again. “Okay, after you’ve lost the sour taste. Eat the straw. Then continue sipping the soda normally.” She said. I laughed. Oh, wow, she totally said something dirty. She began laughing hysterically. She got it.

“That whole lesson was perverted!” I exclaimed. She slid down in her seat and began laughing. “Buckle up.” I said in between laughing. She buckled up. We laughed to ourselves because everyone else was preoccupied with the different sodas. I was so not used to calling them sodas. It was always cokes, or drinks.

I eventually tuned out and drove nonstop to New York City. We got there in record time. Kourtnea fell asleep around the third hour of driving. Kahri continued going through Kevin’s phone once he fell asleep and Kibum and Hyung Jun were talking about miscellaneous things. It was about noon when we got there so I found a parking garage and parked in the middle so the car wasn’t in the sun. I’m always thinking. I hit the car alarm button to get Kourtnea up. She rolled out of the car. “Ouch.” She muttered. She stood up and grabbed her phone, Angela’s money, and her sunglasses.

Everyone got out of the car and stood around stretching for a minute. “Where to go first?” I pondered aloud. I looked at Kourtnea.

“The square.” We said at the same time. We began to walk to The Square. (Times Square). “We can come back at night to see all the lights, too.” I said.

No one was listening. They were all looking at the billboards and flashing screens. “It looks almost exactly Seoul.” Kourtnea whispered. Why is this surprise to her? She’s been here over a thousand times…

I shook my head and continued with the tour. We walked on the sidewalk and took a bunch of pictures. Although I didn’t want too, I got a picture of Kourtnea kissing Kibum. And she got a picture of me kissing Hyung Jun. We had a great time walking around on the streets. When Kourtnea complained she was hungry, I looked at my phone. It was five in the afternoon. I can’t believe we spent five hours walking around Time Square.

“You’re not thinking about driving back to Auburn tonight, are you?” Kourtnea asked me. I shook my head.

“Are you?” I retorted.

“You’re letting me drive back?” She asked. I nodded my head. “Not tonight, I’ll kill us.” We smiled, because we knew were staying a night in New York City.

“What hotel?” I asked. Although I knew the answer.

“Hard Rock.” It was our favorite hotel. “Well, guys, we’re staying a night in New York City. And staying at that hotel.” Kourtnea pointed to a pretty lit up purple one. It was the hotel we always stayed at. The plan was to skip all the boring historical stuff and go straight for the exciting modern stuff.

We walked to the hotel and ate at one of the restaurants in the hotel. We got a room, with a set of bunk beds and a single bed. It was set up just like our dorm. Kahri and Kevin were going to have to share a bed. (Their siblings, they can deal with it.) Kibum and Kourtnea got the single bed. Hyung Jun and I got the bottom bunk and Kevin and Kahri got the top bunk.

“We could’ve gone to a club. But more than 75 percent of us don’t have licenses to get into a club. And Kourtnea and I aren’t 21.” I said. But everyone was asleep; I don’t know why I even talk…

I fell asleep and woke up quite refreshed. This was defiantly too short a trip. I looked at everyone’s empty beds. Did they really leave me?! I heard the door click open and Kahri walked in with everyone following her. “Come one, Kaylea! Dad called, he said ‘Angela wants you two to be bridesmaids because she doesn’t have any family’. Gag. Now, come on. Kahri is a bridesmaid too, but Hyung Jun, Kibum, and Kevin are just there. It’s all for the image.” Kourtnea babbled. “I don’t wanna wear a dress. But hurry up! We’re getting the dresses today. I’m thinking about throwing my flower bouquet at the bitch.”

She had coffee. Great, this is what we get to listen to on the way back to Auburn. Strong coffee, I presume. I got ready and we all walked down to the car. By the time everyone was there, Kourtnea was already there waiting on us. She unlocked the car and started it. We all climbed in.

“Everyone pray, Kourt is again driving. And in the worst city.” I announced. Everyone laughed and we began the journey to Auburn.

About thirty minutes into the journey, we had to get gas. Kourtnea swiftly pulled into the gas station and I got everyone new sodas. They all liked the selection; Kourtnea didn’t get any because she was still hyped off coffee. After we had gotten gas, we got back on the road.

We had began playing Truth or Dare, when we blue and red lights started trailing us. “Oh shit.” Kourtnea muttered. “Give me your license.” She hissed. I passed her my license and she pulled over. Everyone was quiet.

“Excuse me ma’am, do you know that you were going 70 in a 65 zone?”

“No officer I didn’t.” Kourtnea said sweetly.

“Ignorance is no excuse for the law. May I see your license?” She passed him my license. “Well, Kaylea Marton, you’ll have to pay $100 dollars as a speeding fine or pay fifty and appear in court.”

“Here’s your hundred.” She handed the officer some of Angela’s money. He nodded and we were allowed to leave. We pulled back onto the interstate and then we were driving in total silence for about five minutes when Kibum asked Kourtnea a question.

“Why did that officer call you Kaylea?” He asked.

Kourtnea blushed. “Um…well I used her license.”

“Why?”

“I make those cruelty jokes for a reason.” I muttered.

“I failed my driving test. And since Kaylea and I are twins I just use her license.” Kourtnea said.

“It’s true.” I piped up. Kourtnea shot me a death glare.

“So really, you’re the one driving illegally? And Kaylea turns out to be the legal one..?” Kevin asked quietly.

“Yup. I don’t have my permit with me…” Kourt said. I laughed hysterically. Then we arrived in Auburn, safely without getting another ticket. I chuckled quietly to myself. There, we were greeted with Angela telling us we had to go get fitted for the bridesmaid dressed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to same exact song while I typed this chapter. NU ABO by F(x).
>>
There was a mix-up with chapter 20 so I had rewrite sixteen pages of chapter 21. KARMA I TELL YOU!!!