Status: Comment please!!!

The Traveling Tale of the Two Troublesome Twins

Engaging Vows.

“Where. Are. My. Bridesmaids.” Angela demanded. It was 15 minutes before her wedding started, and we just quietly arrived.

“They’re on their way.” Her mother assured her. “Have a drink.” Her mother offered her a champagne glass.

“Mummy, stop that ridiculous stuff.” Angela said taking the glass and setting on the table beside her. She stood up and fluffed her poufy wedding gown. As if her prayers were answered, the wedding planner barged in the door and stopped suddenly.

“Your bridesmaids are here.” She announced.

“Well, send them and their escorts down the aisle. I don’t have time to talk to them.” Angela said shooing the planner away. The planner nodded and closed the door.

“Alright, get your escorts. Shortest and tallest pair together.” The planner said sternly to us. She didn’t like our dresses, I felt offended.

That meant Hyung Jun & Kourtnea were together, Kibum & I were together, and Kevin & Kahri were together. “Ugh.” Kourtnea sarcastically groaned.

“Ms. Angela is not going to be happy about your dresses.” The planner muttered. Kourtnea beamed and I evilly chuckled. The first notion for Kahri and Kevin to enter played and they walked in together (Awh! How cute!!). Then Kibum and I walked in together and I sneaked a glance at his face, it was expressionless. While, on the other hand, I smiled and tried to show off my dress as much as possible. We walked to the altar and went our separate ways. Then I turned around just in time to see Hyung Jun smiling at me and Kourt blushing.

As soon as Kourt and Hyung Jun were in their spots, the music changed and motioned Angela to walk down the aisle. Since Angela’s dad died, her mother has to give her away. Before Angela came, her flower children came down the aisle. The toddler came first pulling a red, decorated wagon behind him. The toddler came to the altar and stood beside Hyung Jun. Then Kourtnea remembered her job to hold the infants. She grabbed both of them and went back to her spot beside me. I traded spots with Kahri to receive Angela’s bouquet.

Then came in Angela. She smiled and was almost crying until she saw our dresses. Then her eyes lit with fire. She continued to walk up to the altar. She didn’t look at us anymore.

The priest started talking and I zoned out. I came back to reality when Angela was shoving her bouquet at me. I took it and was almost zoned out when people started clapping. I guess Dad and Angela were officially married.

“Let’s go to a reception!” Dad’s best man screamed. Everyone poured out of the church and started driving toward the reception hall (the country club).

“I think Angela did this on purpose.” Kourtnea said getting tired of holding the babies.

“Did what?” Kibum asked followed by Hyung Jun and Kevin.

“Left us here with no car.” I finished for Kourtnea. Everyone averted their gaze from Kourtnea and onto me.

“Oh I guess so.” Kevin agreed. We all started to walk out of the chapel. Kibum pulled Kourtnea’s and they stayed back a little. Kevin, Kahri, and Hyung Jun continued to walk out of the chapel.

“Let’s remember this day for something better then it is.” Kibum said softly. Kourtnea’s face went blank. “I’ve already asked for your father’s blessing, don’t be afraid.”

He got on one knee---WTF?! Didn’t expect that one. Dang, how long have they been going out?! Uh, six weeks at the least!!

“Kourtnea Marton, will you marry me…?” Kibum asked. I furiously tried to find my phone. I found it and snapped a picture of Kibum asking Kourt to marry him.

“Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.” Kourtnea said smiling and blushing. Kibum placed a diamond/gold band on Kourtnea’s hand. She hugged him which progressed into passionately kissing.

Then, they turned toward me. I stood there awkwardly. “Uh…hey!” I said slowly.

“Hey!!” Kourt said energetically. She ran up and hugged me. We began to jump up and down.

“Guys, uh, someone’s waiting to take us to the reception…” Hyung Jun said walking back into the chapel. “Wait, what happened?” He asked slowly. I laughed and led him out of the door. Kibum and Kourt---hand in hand---followed us out.

When I saw the person who was taking us to the reception. I became happier than ever…almost. “Gramma!” I cried.

“Hey, honey!” She cried. She was about 94 years old and still driving. Kourtnea stayed quiet. She and Gramma never really got along after Mom and Dad got divorced. Only because Gramma supported the divorce.

I kissed Hyung Jun’s cheek when he looked depressed about not knowing what happened. He perked up after I kissed him. So, we got Angela’s children buckled up and found ourselves on the way to the country club. We pulled into the country club and filed out of the van.

I really didn’t feel like celebrating something I despised and by the looks of all my friends (and soon to be family) neither did they.

“I don’t feel like going to the reception. I’m tired of Auburn, New York. Let’s go back to Seoul. I’m sure the news of your departure is getting boring.” I said. Everyone agreed. I sweetly asked Gramma to take us back home, she did.