Love's a Battlefield

Ten

After a while Casey left me alone again and i lay in my bunk still allowing tears to roll down my cheeks. I could still hear Alex huffing and puffing and biting everyone’s heads off and knew it was safest to stay where i was with him in such a foul and accusing mood, This hurt a lot, he didn’t know how much I liked him and how I would never do anything like that to him.

I heard his feet stomp closer to my bunk and rolled onto my side facing the wall of the bus so he couldn’t see my tears. I heard the curtain opposite me yank open and guessed Alex and his mood and gone to take a lie down to. I knew Gary would be stopping for a break soon with driving and so i silently wiped my face disguising the fact I had been crying as best as I could before silently slipping out my bunk and heading to the front of the bus.

As i got to the front I sat down by Gary who was just turning into a service station, I was grateful i could get off the bus and go get myself a drink and sit on my own without having to be anywhere enclosed with Alex. When he had come at me i actually thought he was going to hit me. As the bus came to a standstill I practically ran off the bus before the rest of the band got to the front and disappeared.

I headed into the toilets and stood in a cubicle for a while just putting my thoughts straight and trying to freshen up my face a little so I didn’t look upset. As i stood there my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I opened it to see Dan was calling me, I answered it quickly.

‘hi..’

‘Holly, where are you? I can’t find you? I’m on my own don’t worry bout Davies he’s nowhere near he walked off in a strop.’

‘I’m in the toilets, meet you outside them?’

‘Yeah I will be there instantly’

I put the phone back in my pocket and walked out of the toilets to see Dan already stood outside the ladies getting odd looks from a grandma stood nearby. I walked out and straight into his arms. Dan tightened his arms around me rubbing my back gently as i held myself together just about. With him been so tall and me fairly small he picked me up making it easier and i tightened my arms around him more.

‘Don’t worry about him, he will see he was wrong soon enough, we know it wasn’t you.’

Dan placed me back on the ground and hung an arm around my shoulder as we turned the corner to bump into Gary who was on the phone. Gary pulled the phone away from his ear as Alex’s voice echoed through it shouting abuse at poor Gary about the incident. Gary gave up and just put the phone down and hugged me to. He understood how i felt about Alex the only one who did truly know. He informed us we were heading back to the bus almost at the next gig venue and so climbed back aboard me and Alex staying opposite ends of the bus from each other.

I looked at him as he walked past m and upstairs on the bus the anger as evident in his facial expressions and i couldn’t understood how he could think i would do that. I had to try not to let tears show in my eyes as he walked past although he looked he had cried recently himself maybe that’s why he had kept his distance. I didn’t care he had upset me too much right no and there was only so much the others guys and Casey and Gary could do to try and keep my spirits up as my heart ached after such a horrible argument.

***********************************
Alex’s POV

I can’t believe Holly would do that to me, but if she didn’t then the hair wouldn’t be there. Looks like I’m wearing a hat on my head for a good while now. My mood had really turned sour and i stamped around the bus like a bratty kid to prove a point.

When i had found the hair and stormed over to her i had never see so much fear in her face, she looked like she was about to faint but looked so confused at the same time. She must be a good actress to pull that stunt off though I know she done it the evidence proves that. Teddy looked like he was ready to hold me back if i went for her to.

I hadn’t seen Holly for a while now though after I had gone upstairs away from everyone. I nearly pulled the curtain off it’s rail though as I climbed into my own bunk. I lay down on top of the duvet that lay there. I couldn’t stay mad at Holly and just lay thinking everything over.

As i lay there going over what was said I couldn’t help but think of Holly. Her scared face playing over in my mind her confused expression, is really innocent and this a set up? It can’t be else it would of been set up better than that I knew these lads well enough now it had to be her.

I wonder where she had gotten to although if i saw her i don’t what i would do. i can’t believe she done this though of all things. I liekd her too much to stay truly angry with her, me and her always seemed to get on so well and she was really nice to me always and when she played pranks the ones that weren’t to harsh were done to me Ali always bore the worst of her stunts.

As the bus came to halt and I heard Gary call i slowly got out my bunk and stormed off the bus still showing my bed mood and disappeared into the service station we were now in. I walked off to get a mug of coffee and sat in the corner of the cafe on my own staring out at the car park and grey clouds. None of the group came to find me and i hadn’t seen Holly at all still, i wonder where she had vanished to and whether she was regretting what she had done. I hope she was.

As i sat on my own enjoying the thought space i finished my coffee as i decided i wasn’t going to speak to Holly until she apologised for what she had done. As i thought over what had happened again i had to walk over to the male toilets quickly in the cafe as a tear rolled down my cheek. What if i had gotten all this wrong and I had wrecked any chance I had with the girl i had fallen for. I couldn’t think straight as i locked a cubicle door before controlling my emotion again. Once i was calm i walked back out to my phone ringing.

I answered the phone to Gary as my mood got worse annoyed at myself for crying over something when i was so certain she was the right culprit. As i yelled down the phone referring to Holly as her or she i heard Dan’s voice muffled in the background saying you’ve got us. I guessed it was to Holly and my mood digressed more as i heard that it seemed the band had backed her corner as the phone line cut off.

I headed back to the bus the band already seen boarding it in the distance. As i arrived Gary kept quiet and so did the rest of the band. I saw Holly this time heading for the bunks and so I headed upstairs on my own and sat up there. Whilst I sat on my own i let more tears fall from my eyes. When she had looked at me she looked heartbroken, was i right i just didn’t know and until i did know or got an apology I wasn’t talking to her and that was final.