Love's a Battlefield

Nine

As Alex slept happily and I finished battling Ali i let out a yawn myself. I decided it was high time i headed to bed to as i went to say goodnight to Ed and Casey discovered the two asleep on the sofa under a couple of blankets Casey buried into Ed’s chest him with a protective arm around her. I smiled as I quietly walked off bumping into teddy on the way to whom i wished goodnight as he to was heading to bed followed by Dan. I knew Ali would be a few hours yet he was buzzing off to much caffeine from the coke he had drunk and so could still be heard on the play station.

As i snuggled under the duvet i instantly fell asleep thinking about how much i got on with alex and smiled as my brain closed off for a few hours. Little did I know about the mischief Ali was going to cause as the rest of the bus slept heavily including Gary who had pulled the bus into a services for a couple of hours rest.

Ali meanwhile was bored and thought the brilliant idea of shaving a patch of Alex’s hair off would be and idea of amusement especially to see his reaction. He decided his evil plan could commence even more if he left pieces of hair somewhere else so the blame would be guaranteed to be pinned on someone else.

Ali got to work firstly grabbing the shaver from one of the bags the band had with them. He turned it on near Alex first to check no-one woke up to the sound and decided covering a towel over it would be best to dampen the sound a little more. Ali then slowly pulled the curtain back a little from Alex’s bed making sure the lights were down so he didn’t notice and got to work shaving a rather small patch of hair form his head. As he pulled away Ali smiled evilly as he picked up the loose hair, the bald patch showing toward the front of Alex’s head visible for when he got up the next morning.

Ali then silently moved and picked a random bunk to pull the curtains back not knowing which one he had picked and sprinkling bits of the hair over the duvet cover and leaving a majority sticking out slightly from the pillow so only those looking would notice it. He then silently slinked back to putting the shaver away after cleaning it off out an open window and decided it was high time he hit bed as well proud of his work.

The next morning I was rudely awakened by the yelling from a Mr Davies. I rolled over and out my bunk to be met with a fiery faces Davies.

‘Woahhh what up with you?’

‘THIS is what is up with me’

Alex pointed to a bald patch on his head.

‘No-one is owning up was it you?’

‘No Alex i went to bed mere minutes after you I’m not that cruel either’

Alex grumbled as the rest of the band stood behind him shrugging their shoulders showing that they had no idea how it had happened either. Alex could be heard stomping up the bus to where Casey and Ed were still asleep in the same position.

‘Edward was this you? Or you Casey?’

‘Huh .. Woahhh no you woke us up, I didn’t know you slept last night.’

‘Oh sorry to wake you.’

With that Alex angrily walked off and made breakfast refusing to talk to anyone. As we sat down to eat at the same table there only been one Alex decided he was checking the whole bunk for evidence. Teddy rolled his eyes at this reaction knowing Alex could be highly dramatic, heck everyone knew how dramatic Alex could be. After finishing the rest of his toast and coffee Alex got dressed before starting his search of ‘evidence’. He started on the second deck of the bus only to discover there was no hair anywhere. He went through the bags to find no sign of any shaver been used either which he found pretty odd. Alex then decided to check the lower level including all the beds. He went through them all individually and when he reached mine I thought I was about to be murdered.

Alex stomped angrily towards me directly glaring at me, i swear smoke should of been coming out that blokes ears. He came to standstill in front of me and looked up to meet his fiery gaze as teddy stood nearby ready to take action.

‘IT WAS YOU!!. I found MY hair all in your bed!!!’

I stood there confusion apparent on my face. I hadn’t done anything i had gone to sleep and that was it.

‘ALEX DAVIES, i did nothing of the sort, why would I do that to you it’s a horrible thing to do.’

‘It was YOU and that’s the end of it.’

Alex stalked off before I could say anything and I turned to Teddy confusion still on my face. Teddy stood closer to me and hugged me as I let a tear roll down my cheek. How could he accuse me of something I had never done whose idea of a joke was this. I pulled back fro teddy and he looked down at me with sympathy.

'I know you wouldn’t do that to him, I’ve seen how you are with him.'

I nodded as Teddy pulled me into a hug again he was the only one i could trust at the minute.

I walked off after a while a decided to go lie on my bed after ridding it of the hairs Alex had discovered that I hadn’t seen put there. I could still hear Alex huffing and puffing as I lay in my bed allowing tears to carry on rolling down my cheeks. After a while my curtain was pulled back as Casey came to sit at the edge of my bunk. She believed it wasn’t me and was another band member pulling a joke that had gone very wrong. She tried to cheer me up a little which worked but it was still on my mind.