Love's a Battlefield

Eleven

It’s been five days now since Alex argued with me. We have played a gig every night as well and it’s just made the whole environment around us so awkward. He still hadn’t spoken to me and not even looked at me half time avoiding eye contact as much as possible. When we were forced to sit together he made sure everyone was between us me feeling like i should do the same if i wanted to keep my head attached to my shoulders.

I could have a laugh with the rest of the guys but it felt so wrong without Alex joining in just because i was there. During sound checks he even got Ed to get me turn up Alex’s mic he wouldn’t even speak to me on work conditions. Gary was at a loss with what eh should do noting the tension between the two of us and how it was affecting everyone.

I spent most the time I had to myself lay in my bunk or in my hotel room crying if not I was drowning sorrows with drink. As i sat looking out the window in the hotel bar the one night because we were travelling until next morning i saw the reflection of Casey appear as she took a seat beside me.

‘You don’t mind do you?’

‘Of course not, in fact I’m glad you came over’

I smiled at her as she hugged me before continuing with conversation.

‘You don’t have to keep a distance form us lot i side with you than alex he’s been pathetic about all this. Although after I overheard him and Ed talking earlier i think he’s in regret a little at least.’

This caught my attention and i looked into Casey’s eyes trying to read what she was hinting at and stayed silent letting her continue some more.

‘Ed went to talk to Alex and well I was sat in my bunk so next door to Alex’s and Alex started talking, he said that the look in your eyes is making him think differently that it’s a set up but he’s not certain, he doesn’t know what to think, I actually think I heard him sobbing slightly as well.’

I nodded thinking through what she had said before we finished our drinks and headed to our room. The next day we were heading to spend two days in Portsmouth and I just hoped it would be enjoyable.

We sat talking for a while in our room and Casey got me smiling again as we talked about a few things from the past and she excitedly told me about what we were doing the two days in Portsmouth which sounded like good fun. I just hoped it would be a bit easier and slightly more civil.

Before long we were on the bus again on our way to Portsmouth. Casey was trying to control the joy she had to be heading back home to see her mum and the ability to show us all around. I was currently sat at the front of the bus with Gary as we listened to the radio i swayed along to a few songs. I had my laptop balanced on my lap as i updated a few things online and checked in with how family were doing as well before placing it away again. I decided i was going to go join the rest of the group on the bus and have a laugh if Alex didn’t talk to me then I would just deal with it for now.

As i headed off down the bus I could hear Dan cackling loudly giving me a sign someone had done something funny or stupid. As i approached the group shocked to find Alex wasn’t actually with them anyway i went to go sit down as gary took a sharp swerve past something causing me to go flying along the deck and hitting Dan square in the stomach with all my weight as i lay sprawled across his lap my feet near to teddy’s crotch.

I sat up apologising to teddy who smiled at me before Dan decided to pin me into a bear hug where I was refusing to let me go. I squirmed but was unable to break free of his hold before noticing Casey and Ed were sat up the corner as Ali bounded down the bus jumping onto my lap squashing me a little more. I looked over at Casey who was smiling at me Ed looked over before turning his attention back to Casey.

Ed pulled Casey into an even closer her hug resting his head on hers until she turned to face him. I watched as they sat staring into each other eyes before they started to make out causing me to divert my attention elsewhere. Ali groaned as he turned to see them attached by the face and handed Ed a pillow who held it up in front of the two until they had parted Casey hugging Ed and burying her head into his chest watching as I still wriggled under Ali’s bony bum and tried to free myself from Dan at the same time.

As i finally got myself free and settled down between Dan and teddy none other than Davies turned up. As he showed up he stood looking around at all of us before his eyes stopped on mine glaring at me for what seemed like forever as he pulled the hat tighter onto his head as if to make a point to me. I got up and walked off up the bus teddy quickly getting up and following me before i heard Ed grumble guessing poor Casey had moved to. Seriously if Casey moved Ed was a lost puppy until she was back in his arms it was pretty cute though. I was Alex understood how i felt. As i continued to walk up the bus heading for the stairs i heard Ed moan.

‘Look what you’ve done Davies, i hope your happy?’

I shook my head Ed shouldn’t be sticking up for me Alex was his best friend he should be siding with him. As i got upstairs teddy grabbed me around the waist stopping me dead in my tracks. I turned around looking up into his eyes as i tried to hold back tears that were trying to escape my eyes. Teddy hugged me as Casey finally caught up with us, teddy had to run to catch me up, before she to joined in the hug and i let the tears run down my cheeks again leaving a damp patch on teddy’s t-shirt. When we pulled back i wiped my face.

‘I can’t cope not talking to him, we were so close, why does he still believe i did this?’

‘I wish i could answer that for you Holly, I’m determined to find out myself but no-one is letting on anything after Alex nearly took your head off maybe whoever did this is scared that will happen to them. Alex is killing himself for the way he’s been but he’s got to stick to it until he finds out the truth you know what that guy’s like.’

I nodded to teddy’s wise words as Casey looked at me. She gave me another huge hug as i settled down noting the sign we had passed we weren’t far from Portsmouth at all now and i was kind of excited. I cleared my mind again deciding to avoid Alex for the rest of the bus journey and to enjoy the fact we were almost in Portsmouth.

Arriving in Portsmouth meant i was extremely busy and so didn’t see the band or Casey who had no doubt been tugged to the dressing room under Ed’s protective arm as per usual. I set about doing what i was paid to do and started to unload all the equipment from the van with the other roadies. The next two hours was spent with me setting up the equipment and making sure the sound desk was working well and that mics were set up before the sound check was scheduled.

As it hit lunch time i headed up to the dressing room to see everyone but Ed and Casey had gone for lunch. I didn’t fancy catering today and instead asked if the two wanted to go find a local subway to catch dinner in before sound check. I text Gary or dad as i had started to refer to him letting him know where we were off to which he kind of understood and we wondered around. Casey showed us straight to the subway from which we grabbed our food as a couple of Minton fans spotted Ed and caught a couple of pictures before we started to head back towards the venue.

We sat on a wall near to venue enjoying the fact the sun was shining and that i couldn’t see Alex anywhere. Ed had finished his food in record time as me and Casey just finished up our sandwiches. Ed placed an arm around Casey again once she was finished and i smiled at the happy couple.

‘You two really are so sweet together.’

Casey and ED both blushed before Ed took the opportunity to surprise Casey.

‘You know i really do love you Casey, I’m glad Gary employed you.’

Casey was now as red as a tomato and i smiled it was such a cute moment and i was glad i could witness it. I knew she had always liked Ed and now my hypothesis of him liking her back was perfectly correct and proven.

Before long we headed back inside for the sound check. Ed sorted out Alex’s mic before his own knowing the routine that had been set in stone until he forgave me for what i hadn’t done and found the culprit. Dan, Ed, teddy and Ali were all wishing that the chance to admit arose soon because Alex was winding them up talking about feeling sorry fro r what he’s done. Dan and teddy both had a good idea it was Ali’s doing and Dan was determined to try and get the truth from Ali and promising that Alex wouldn’t tear his head off.

After sound check we all settled down before the gig. As ‘Minor hit the stage the fans went absolutely crazy. I could see a flash going mad right at the front of the stage and knew it would be Casey getting some really good pictures. Half way through the set she appeared at the back of the stage getting some more pictures of the guys with the crowd before she joined me in the sound booth and got some of the crowd all jumping along happily really capturing the night. I saw Ed look over and smile at the back of the crowd probably as Casey as he swapped guitar before playing into the last song of the night.

As the gig came to end the crowd disappeared and i started to pack up all the equipment as Casey walked alongside me talking. We had a good laugh and before long Ed had appeared back in the venue after been mobbed by fans outside and hugged Casey picking her up into the air slightly. He smiled as i continued wrapping a few wires around my arm then tying them neatly and placing them on the boxes i was about to push up to the van.

Once everything was in the van we all got on the bus to be whizzed down the street to the hotel we were staying in for the night and settled into the bar all happily talking about how well the night had gone. Casey showed me the photos she had gotten some of which were really good. I hadn’t realised she had been taking some of me hard at work and laughed at a few. She had her laptop with her and uploaded ones of us lot backstage onto her Facebook tagging me into them. She then happily sat getting more of us having a laugh although any taken only had either me or Alex in.

Dan meanwhile had noticed how Ali had been watching me and Alex and looked as if he was regretting something. Neither me or Alex had noticed this but Dan was keen to press into tomorrow daytime when everyone was sober. Dan and teddy could see how much me and alex liked each other but had said nothing yet, the rest of the group did to but no-one had said anything to either of us. They were determined t get us back on track though knowing how much it was hurting both of us inside.