Love's a Battlefield

Sixteen

Alex’s POV

I sat there with Holly sat beside me, there were still a couple of marks on her cheeks but she had moved her wrist a little now after taking paracetamol for the pain. It was nice to have her beside me again even though we weren’t cuddling. After a while though everyone started to move around and i got up heading down toward Gary.

‘Heya Gary any chance we can pull into the nearest services please?’

‘Erm yeah sure, not too far to go now though til the next venue either, how’d it go?’

‘She spoke to me and Ali is forgiven completely and stuff so yeah, i still have a lot of work to go though.’

‘You will get there she’s an understanding girl, you wait and see.’

I smiled at Gary before settling down on one of the seats pulling my wallet from my jeans that had fallen down somewhat again. That reminded me i needed to get a better belt. I sorted my money onto the side as Gary spotted the sign for the next services taking the detour and heading inside. When he stopped i practically ran off the bus and disappeared before the rest of the group could follow me. I wanted this to be a surprise for Holly.

As i headed into the services i spotted exactly what i wanted. There was a small stall selling fresh bouquets of flowers including red roses just in the corner. I checked over my shoulder to see the guys all heading in the door and Gary taking them in the other direction for some food. I guessed he had caught onto my idea somewhat.

I walked over to the flower stall and picked up two red roses. I paid for these then headed into the shop area that was still hidden from the other guys. I walked straight over to the confectionary section whereby i spotted a box of Cadbury milk chocolates. I knew this was Holly’s favourite and so picked them up paying for them to. Once they had been placed into the bag i stood still for a moment.

I wondered what else i could get her to start making it up to her. I looked around unable to see anything from here and so decided come next venue i would be going shopping then to. I was determined to really make it up to the one girl that i got on with so well. I pulled my phone out my jean pocket pulling them up at the same time before dialling Gary’s number once it rang out then i put it down. He knew i would want the bus keys.

I headed out of the door to see Gary stood there already who threw the keys at me before disappearing again winking at me as i legged ti across the car park trying not to trip up over my own feet. Once i unlocked the bus door and got inside i placed the two red roses onto Holly’s bunk bed crossed over at the stalks leaving the chocolates underneath then neatly. I grabbed my notepad out my bag in my bunk and pulled out a sheet of paper carefully before writing in my neatest handwriting the words just a small gift for the trouble i caused. I placed the note on top of the rose stalks smiling at my own work before heading back off the bus and into the services grabbing a coffee before finding the group and sneakily handing Gary the keys back proud of my secretive work.

*******************************
Holly’s POV

As Gary pulled the bus into some services i headed down the bus. I was expecting to see alex but he had already disappeared into the services. I stood outside waiting for Casey who had managed to wake up sleeping beauty just about. She wondered off the bus her hand in Ed’s who was using the other to rub the sleep out his eyes as the fresh air hit his face.

I headed into the services following behind Gary who had informed us he was treating us to dinner although looking around i couldn’t see Alex which was pretty weird. Although i had guessed he had gone to find coffee, that lad had a serious obsession worse than me.

I settled down at the table Dan had already saved for us all whilst Gary and teddy headed to order our lunch. I sat down watching out the window to see a few stroppy kids throwing tantrums outside and was glad ‘Minor didn’t try anything like that.

As i ate lunch which was actually good food for once i spoke to Casey for a while. Gary had also asked for the low-down after hearing that me and alex seemed a tad more civil now. I spent a good half an hour explaining what had been said whilst Ali still looked guilty. I ruffled his hair lightly since he was sat near me to show he was truly forgiven.

Once we had all eaten and we stood up to head outside Alex rounded the corner a cup of coffee in his hand making me smile slightly knowing i had guessed right. He stood with us before heading out to the bus sipping at the plastic cup fairly loudly. I stepped onto the bus and headed for my bunk to place my wallet away in my bag. As i pulled my curtains back which i swore blind i had left open i nearly collapsed in shock.

Lay on the bed were two roses a box of my favourite chocolates and a note, stood beside was a very ashen faced Alex who half smiled when he saw my reaction to what he had done.

‘Th...Thanks Lex, you didn’t have to though.’

‘Yes i did i still have a lot to make up for.’

I hugged him placing my head against his chest hearing his heart beat almost double the speed it normally did as my arms wrapped around his back. I felt his warm and large hadn rub my back gently before i stood back smiling up at him picking up the two roses and walking toward the kitchen area with them. As i wondered there Casey saw the two roses and smiled guessing who they were from and wriggling from under Ed’s protective arm to talk to me as i wondered down the opposite way of the bus.

‘So he’s made a start on making it up to you then’

‘yeah got my favourite chocolate’s to, he must really feel bad about what he done.’

‘Definatly this isn’t in the nature of alex at all, how’s your wrist coping at the moment anyway?’

‘it’s alight to be honest get pan shoot down it every so often but the paracetamol are helping with that and when not on them the alcohol numbs it.’

Casey laughed at my traditional comment before walking back over to Ed who wrapped his arm back around her waist smiling and kissing her lips before smiling at me and commenting how that’s rare of Lex before wondering off up the bus, more than likely to finish his nap. I placed the two roses in a glass of water balancing them in the sink what with Gary’s random driving at times and headed up to the others who were settling down with full stomach’s. I will still wearing the huge smile and when alex noticed he to let a smile break over his lips before starting to hum along to Dan’s laptop that was singing at the moment.