Love's a Battlefield

Seventeen

Holly’s POV

Gary’s driving was slightly manic as we neared to the venue in Norwich. The cars on the motorway were a blur as Gary weaved the bus between them all with the occasional van honking their horn at his driving. As we got tot he venue and his driving finally stopped i smiled glad to know we were safe after the last time Gary drove like that the clutch cable had gone.

Everyone emptied the bus the lads all taking their stuff inside ready to get changed before the show with Casey heading in with camera equipment before appearing back outside to help me move equipment out the van with one hand. We both unlocked the doors as the other roadies pulled up in cars and we all started work. They took the heavy boxes for us seeing my injury leaving me to carry the light boxes that i could manage with one hand.

Once the equipment was in i started to help rig up the microphones and plugging in all the other wiring and instruments ready for sound check alter on in the day. I tested the lighting was all plugged in correctly before going for a tea break. I headed up to the catering area where i poured myself a large mug of hot coffee before carrying it up to the dressing room where i guessed everyone else would be sat enjoying their break unless the lads were outside meeting fans that had arrived early.

****************************
Alex’s POV

Once i had taken my bag of clothes indoors and Ed had reminded me to take my check shirt out of it so that it wasn’t creased i checked i had my wallet and phone within my jeans pocket before informing everyone i was going outside for a smoke and a little walk. Ed suddenly jumped up asking if he could join me as he fancied a cup of tea and a subway or something for lunch. I said that was cool before we headed off out the back door.

The second i got outside we were both hit my about 5 fans each but once they had cleared off and we had rounded a corner i lit up my smoke as we headed for the shopping area. We spotted a starbucks first and Ed headed in bringing out a cup of tea and a coffee for me as i finished my smoke. We then continue further into the shops as i sipped at the hot liquid in thought.

‘Where we going Lex, you seem thoughtful?’

‘I have a few things i want to buy yesterday didn’t do enough justice.’

‘Ohh, holly likes subway, coffee and loves getting new CD’s, Casey was informing me of stuff she likes earlier actually, oh and i almost forgot Holly was thinking of getting supernatural season 5 on DVD to as she hasn’t gotten it yet.’

‘Haha that programme is pretty good i borrowed her other boxsets on other tours and sat watching them all, Ed you really are the most helpful best mate i have.’

‘It’s not all me Casey is a big help, she is also the best girlfriend ever.’

‘I wish i could make it up to Holly enough to give me a chance with her again, seeing how happy n comfortable you and Casey are together makes me want to sort this out with Holly so much more.’

‘I know Lex don’t worry it will work, we’ve known her long enough now.’

With that Ed placed a hand on my shoulder before removing it as an old woman walked past him and hit him with her walking stick muttering disgusting gay men under her breath. Ed rolled his eyes before laughing it off as we headed for the nearest HMV store. I headed in pulling the supernatural box set of the shelf before heading into the CD collection. Holly had such a wide music taste it was easy to buy her CD’s she likes. I spotted the Beatles collection of Cd’s out the corner of my eye but noted she already had them all. I finally decided on picking up a dance compilation album that was new out and Enrique’s new album before Ed dragged me over to some more CD’s himself picking up a couple of albums. We both headed tot he till’s paying before heading out to subway where i picked up a subway for Holly’s lunch it been her favourite filling and also fetching her a starbucks coffee before heading back to the venue with Ed wondering along beside me.

On the way back all i had was Ed talking to me informing me about how lovely Casey was and how he had fallen for and loved her before he changed the topic onto me and Holly saying we used to be really sweet when we cuddled up before i commented that it was difficult at the minute since i had messed up chances so badly.

On the way back a woman selling flowers caught my eye. I sped over Ed nearly carrying on before realising i had turned and sped of with him jogging slightly to catch me up again. I bought 9 real roses and one artificial rose and got them put into a bouquet, i then had a tag attached to them saying i shall care for you until the last rose wilts and dies. Ed smiled at it before himself picking up one red rose. Three guesses as to who for maybe it was Dan his secret crush. I laughed at my own thought receiving a weird look from Ed before continuing back to the venue.

When we got into the venue the familiar sound of equipment still been rigged hit my ears and with that i knew it was clear for me to head to the dressing room and place down the gifts for Holly. As me and Ed walked in the other guys smiled to see what i had bought for her and i cleared the table off to place them on there neatly with the roses facing the door where sh would walk in. I placed a piece of paper in front saying Holly and settled down on the sofa before hearing the sound of feet wonder in the room. Casey appeared smiled and then took her usual seat beside Ed who hugged her tightly before producing the rose and kissed the tip of her nose in a cute manner as she smiled at the rose before responding by kissing him on the lips.

After a short while longer Holly’s footsteps were heard coming up the stairs and heading for the door and i prepared myself for her reaction.

*************************
Holly’s POV

I opened the door tot he dressing room to be met by the smell of five different aftershaves along with a smell of sweaty shoes making the room smell fairly odd. AS i walked in i noticed everyone was sat down on chairs all just watching me and then looking down at the table in the middle of the room. As i looked down to the table to see what was there i noticed the pile of items sat there with Holly written underneath them. My eyes nearly fell out my head as i took it in before walking closer to first pick up the bunch of flowers.

I read the note on them saying ‘i will care for you until the last rose wilts and dies.’ I looked through the bunch noticing the one artificial rose and a smile grew wide upon my face. Alex stood up as he watched my reaction and i practically pounced toward him hugging him tight at what he had done. The roses and the note were enough for me to want to kiss him but i don’t think he would of appreciated that, i breathed in the lovely smell of lynx that drafted from his shirt and jacket before letting him go to see what else was on the table.

I picked up the two Cd’s smiling from ear to ear literally as i saw what they were before placing the one into my laptop after i switched it on and playing it out wiggling my bum and hips to it. I picked up the large box which was still inside a HMV bag pulling the bag off to reveal season 5 supernatural and this time did jump at Alex who had luckily managed to catch me as i fully flung my arms around his neck in a thank you.

Once i had been placed back on my own to feet i grabbed the food and coffee and sat down on the sofa Alex taking his own place again which i had sat beside and ate my dinner thanking him every 5 minutes for what he had bought me and sharing the cup of coffee with him.

I caught Ed and Casey both wink at him out the corner of me but pretending like i hadn’t seen before the group got themselves ready for sound check and Casey became armed with her camera and camcorder once more.