Love's a Battlefield

Eighteen

As the sound check went on usefully the band all headed up to the dressing room to get changed ready for the show. Me and Casey both headed up with Casey still armed with both camera and camcorder. She had the camcorder switched on as we walked in catching Ed putting a new top on and Ali shaving some of his stubble onto a towel. The next couple of hours were spent getting more pictures and videos of the group so that there was plenty of footage for the webisodes that after tonight’s show would be been put together since tonight was the last show of the tour.

As Gary wondered into the room giving us the hour mark warning me and Casey headed back down into the venue. Casey headed out to the queue getting video footage of the crowd to add in as they went crazy outside the venue. Meanwhile i was stood behind the mixing desk and put on some music as the fans were finally allowed to enter the venue. As they took their positions i got ready for the support act who would be taking to the stage soon.

As the ‘Minor boys came to the end of their set Alex took his guitar off his shoulder and smashed into the stage floor with pieces of guitar flying all over the place. The room was engulfed in darkness for a couple of seconds as the band headed off stage before i put main lights back on for the fans to exit the room. I smiled at those who passed me and Casey who were now stood talking both in our crew t-shirts. Once the venue emptied me and Casey set to work packing things away as the rest of the crew appeared to also help after loading the support band’s gear into their vans and them all heading back to their home cities.

Once all the equipment boxed up it was wheeled to the doors whereby Gary had cleared a path through the fans so we could get it into the trailer easily. My wrist was still bandaged but wasn’t causing me to much pain now and so i found it a little easier to work. As i pushed the boxes into the van i saw Alex’s head sticking above a group of teenage girls near him. He wondered over and helped me push the box into the trailer pretty easily and i thanked him as he went to meet a couple more fans.

Once everything was loaded in me and Casey locked up the door before grabbing our bags from the dressing room, which were the only things left in there now, and placed them on the bus before heading out to Gary. As we stood talking to Gary outside a couple of young girls tapped me and Casey on the back. We turned around to be met with two girls no older than thirteen stood by us with shy smiles on their faces.

‘Hi aren’t you two the two girls Alex and Ed are always talking about on twitter?’

‘ermm yeah i guess so, if names were mentioned I’m Holly and this is Casey.’

The girls gasped before talking quickly between themselves as Alex and Ed themselves approached us. The girls turned around to see the lads and called them both over.

‘Can we have a picture with all four of you guys?’

‘Yeah sure, that OK with you Holly?’

Casey responded and i nodded as we stood in a line the two girls in the middle the lads next to them then Casey beside Ed and me beside Alex with Gary drawing the short straw of taking the picture.

After the picture the girls said their thank you’s and disappeared. We thought nothing of the question and had been asked before for a couple of pictures what with me been seen in a couple of tour video blogs before. After the lads had finished meeting fans we all climbed aboard the bus heading for a local pub of some sort for a celebratory drink since we were checked into a hotel for the night.

Before long we had found a pub a five minute walk from the hotel and Gary parked the bus and we took our stuff into our room before walking down and getting a table. As we sat down Alex squashed beside me with Casey the other side and Ed the other side of her. For a while we sat talking between each other about how the tour had gone whilst Casey also got a load of photos whilst I was left with the video camera for a while.

Before long the camcorder was been handed around different people filming as we all got very drunk and merry to celebrate the end of tour. At points i was sat in fits of laughter and at one point Alex filmed me and Casey stumbling towards the toilet the door himself laughing as i hung onto a pillar to steady myself. As the night progressed everyone just chilled out and Gary was highly amused with the talk going on.

Alex had by now placed his arm around my shoulder and i felt like he had tried to make it up enough for us to go back to been best friends again. Teddy kept watching us both and i could tell he knew how much i enjoyed been back on close terms with Alex. Casey and Ed were in the middle of kissing when i fell off my chair as Alex tickled me and i ended up under the table as Casey tried to pull me back up.

As we headed up to the hotel again after many hours drinking into the early hours of the morning many of us were keeping each other up. Alex was jumping about like a nutter up the road with Ed close behind him doing something else. When we got into the hotel we got to our rooms and completely collapsed in each others rooms. I fell to sleep in a bed with Alex’s arm over my hips.

As I woke the next morning i could feel my head pound as a groan erupted next to me. I turned to see Alex lay their in just his jeans and arm still over my hips as we both sat up before hearing the sound of someone getting ready in the bathroom. Ed and Casey both soon emerged for the bathroom smiling at me and Lexi seeing we were back to normal as we headed to get the others.

As we joined the others all looking just as hung-over we headed for the bus and headed on our way back to York where Gary wanted us to play a gig tomorrow. We agreed as so he booked us into another hotel down the road form the venue so that we could party again tonight if we wanted to. He smiled at me and Lexi seeing how we were back to cuddling up on the bus as i continued to get more sleep to rid myself of the awful hangover. I finally felt like things were back on track and that i could maybe have my chance with Alex Davies. Just like Casey had gotten her dream of Edward Minton.