Love's a Battlefield

Nineteen

As we arrived into the hotel having tonight it either recover or drink again i placed my stuff into the room i was sharing with Casey before we both met the others in the lobby to see what the plan was. It was decided that tonight we would go out but since it was only 2 in the afternoon we would just all chill in the hotel or walk around the streets for a few hours to pass time. I decided i was going to get a shower and use the laundry service in the hotel Casey deciding to do the same thing. Alex and Ed had decided they were going to check their e-mails and stuff and chill out for a little while with a coffee or in Ed’s case a tea. Dan and Ali had already left the building with Gary to go do a bit of shopping and what not and teddy had decided that at last minute he would come get some laundry done to after we had showered.

**************************
Ed’s POV

Me and Alex sat on our laptops each with a hot drink to hand. I opened my laptop and checked my e-mails first the two of us at first sat in silence. I decided that now was the only chance to talk to Lexi and so open fired at him right then and there.

‘You and Holly were close last night.’

‘Huh.. Ohh I know, i think she’s forgiven me now, it seems that way.’

‘I know you want more than to just be best friends with her Lex, I can tell.’

‘ I know, i do so bad, but after this i really doubt it’s likely, Ed i actually love her and i just don’t want to put her in an awkward situation or risk our friendship again, it’s been so hard the past couple of weeks.’

‘Lex the ways he was with you last night and on the bus travelling here i think she wants more than friends to. Just the way she looked at you gave me an insight to that, you’ve got to ask her how she feels.’

‘Last night she was drunk this morning she was hung-over, it was probably just the alcohol and hangover making that judgement for her. You know i haven’t got the balls to say that to her not after all this stuff.’

‘Lex promise me you will just ask, i can see how you long for her to be yours, i see how you get awkward around me and Casey cause of how much you wish you could have that with Holly. You can’t lie to me Lex I’ve known you long enough.’

‘I..... Uh... I suppose your right Ed, i will when i get chance to talk to her in private slightly, deal?’

‘Ok then deal.’

I turned my attention back to the computer screen then and continued typing away happy i had achieved something with getting my best friend to finally admit he likes his best friend. It had only taken 5 years of knowing her for him to admit it!

******************************
Teddy’s POV

Once Casey and Holly had finally emerged from the shower i joined them with my bag full of laundry. We all walked down to the laundry room which had been given permission to use and started to put our clothes into the washer. Casey loaded her stuff in before wondering off to get a drink asking if we could watch her stuff for her for ten minutes.

Now that i had Holly on my own i knew it was the perfect opportunity to dig the truth out that girl and also tell her what i knew.

‘Hol’s can we talk?’

‘Yeah sure what about?’

‘You and Lex?’

‘What you want to know?’

‘You like him don’t you, in more than a friendly way.’

‘That obvious is it, but yeah your right i do.’

‘I could tell the way you looked at him, and how much do you like him.’

‘I don’t know if this will sound stupid to you but i actually think i love him.’

‘That’s not a stupid think that’s really sweet, you know he cares about you a lot and i have an inkling that he likes you back just as much?’

‘Seriously?’

‘Honest truth from what me and Ed were talking about yeah, you should ask him how he feels believe me.’

‘I might do when i get chance to talk alone, all we need in some sort of Ali remark on the situation.’

‘haha i understand where you are coming form there.’

I hugged Holly glad we had spoken and that i knew the truth on the situation. I wondered if Ed had gotten chance to talk to alex. I heard the washing machine signal it was finished just as Casey rejoined us and we got our washing dried and put back into our rooms before joining Alex and Ed to join be reunited with a hyper Ali and Dan and a very worn out looking Gary. It looked like tonight was going to be amusing.

**********************************
Holly’s POV

We headed into a local bar happily. Before we started to drink Gary had something to mention.

‘Guys, i was thinking you and these two lasses got on really well minor a few misunderstandings, what you say they stay with you and i hire them as permanent sound engineer and photographer?’

‘What you’d do that aww yay saves me asking you if my awesome girlfriend could move in and her best friend to.’

Ed had a huge grin on his face as Gary smiled noting we would accept the new career change plus the extra bay he had typed into his phone not letting the lads see the figures. We nodded happily and it seemed it was settled and another celebration seemed to be in order, with the first round on Gary it appeared.

As the night progressed more drunken behaviour was recorded and captured by camera to. Alex had spent the whole night with his arm around me which i didn’t mind that was the normal again now but i could see teddy wink at me across the table after the talk this afternoon. I smiled back at him happily drinking myself into a mess like the others. By the time the bar closed we were all stumbling and in some cases like Dan and Ali crawling back down the road to the hotel.

When we got in we all ended up collapsed in different bedrooms again. I had helped Ali up the stairs whilst Casey helped Dan and so they decided they were taking rooms to. I was taken into the room that was meant to be Alex and Ed’s where by Ali had Ed’s bed and me and Alex shared. Ed, Casey and Dan ended up in mine and Casey’s room Dan in my bed, whilst teddy had his own room that he was meant to of been sharing with Dan and Ali and Gary took his own room to.

Little to say the next morning we all slept n til midday when Gary had to come wake us all up individually.