Love's a Battlefield

Two

I stood in the room trying to work out the safest place for me to sit. Anywhere near electrical items was a bad idea for me or anything breakable. I couldn’t sit on the sofa either cause the five lads were already squashed onto that. I was defiantly not risking been taped to the chair Gary had been taped to either.

Alex had been watching me look around the room for somewhere to sit and opened his arms for me to sit on his lap.

‘ Is that really the best idea Alex, I have the boniest rear end ever.’

‘I’m sure i can withstand it, it’s better than you breaking something.’

With that i smiled and headed to sit on Alex’s lap. If only he could truly know how nice this felt and how many emotions i felt for him. I couldn’t tell him though it would probably risk the friendship i already had with him.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Teddy and Ed both wink at Alex as he wrapped his arms around my waist so that i didn’t fall off. We were good friends and always had been, these guys were the only band i was this close with out of the many i had worked with over the past few years. We sat talking for a while the guys asking who i had recently worked with. To tell you the truth the last band i worked with was some recently signed band doing a single launch. They took the record signing to the extreme and were really snobbish about it. I was glad when the tour ended.

As I sat there on Alex’s lap I watched the others curious as to why they were watching us so much. Alex was like a best friend what was it they thought would happen between us, cause from what i knew he only saw me as a friend and i was happy with that.

I had different feelings for him though. Gary knew this but had kept it a secret he knew i would get ripped by the lads if they found out, either that or have them say something to Alex and upset be caused. Before long Ali had gotten bored and had found some fruit on the side. Elliot Minor were not the healthiest of bands and so Ali decided him and Dan could use the fruit for a cricket match instead.

Dan had grabbed some piece of board that acted as a bat and started to hit the oranges that were flung at him. One went straight in the direction of Teddy’s head who luckily ducked just in time for it too miss him and to instead hit a mirror full force squashing and splattering all over the place.

Gary walked into the dressing room again a while later to see mashed fruit absolutely everywhere. Needless to say Ali and Dan then started running through the corridors heading for the venue stage as Gary gave them a really disapproving look and threatening to send me after them. Once they had vanished for a while, Teddy laughing at his brothers run, Gary settled down in the gap on the sofa.

‘Holly we have a new team member joining us today, she will be the photographer throughout the whole tour and shall also have the video camera ready for recording the video blogs, I was wondering if you could help her edit them after as well?’

‘Yeah that sounds cool when she arriving, it would be awesome to have another girl on the team’

I said this with too much joy and Alex, Ed and Teddy pulled sad faces as i did so. I shook my head laughing at them and they soon perked up again. Gary started to explain that the new girl was due to arrive any minute and wondered if the band and me would mind meeting her at the entrance to the venue. We agreed and headed down to find out wherever the hell Ali and Dan had disappeared to.

As we got to the venue room I spotted Dan and Ali and headed for them. They thought i was still after them as so headed for the boys toilets. I knew that whoever would be in there with them wouldn't be too bothered, i had worked with before and so holding my nose walked straight in. I had to admit the look Dan gave me as i rounded the corner to where him and Ali were stood catching their breath was priceless. He kind of gawped at me before pulling a face and following me back out the toilets Ali following like a lost puppy.

Once i was outside and it was safe to breath normally i explained about the new girl and how we had to meet her in the entrance hall. Ali perked up a bit and started jumping up and down clapping his hands like an over excited three year old, honestly he could be so immature for 23. Once he was calm we casually all strolled to the entrance Dan having slung his arm around my shoulder in his friendly manner as per normal emphasising how small i was.

When we arrived in the entrance hall i could hear screaming from fans who had noticed the lads stood there. I saw flashes go, people obviously thinking that i was Dan’s girlfriend due to the casual pose we held. I walked outside and explained we were mates and I worked with the band before spotting a female about the same age as myself looking fairly lost and shy holding a camera with a pass around her neck. I headed over and asked if she was the photographer. She responded with a casual yes in a quiet voice and i said to follow me indoors.

Once we were safe from the nutty screaming fans outside, some of which were way to young at like the age of 12, we headed out of eyesight to start introductions.

‘I’m Holly I’m the sound engineer for the tour and have been asked to help you with video editing, did Gary mention that to you?’

‘Hey I’m Casey and yeah he did, I was glad to hear there was another female here.’

I laughed and shook hands with Casey. She seemed like a lovely girl and I had a good feeling we would get on well. As she introduced herself to the guys, whom of which she knew of already, I watched as Ed kept looking over at Casey. He had that glint in his eyes that i knew him to only have when he thought some one was really pretty.

As I continued to watch his reactions I noticed how happy he seemed when she shook hands with him. It looked like somebody had found someone they really liked. It was nice to think that Ed had found a potential that wasn’t completely vile toward him having friends that were girls, and I just hoped that him and Casey really hit it off with each other.

Once introductions were completed the ‘Minor boys headed off to catering Ali and Ed’s stomachs both taking control. I wasn’t hungry and Casey had just consumed a subway so neither was she. I decided I would show her around the venue and what not and go meet up with Gary for a little while arranging for the guys to meet us back in the dressing room after grub.

As we wondered off me and Casey got talking. We spoke about music both of us loving the same bands, she also told me about herself and me doing the same in return. Me and her really got on and when we both finally found Gary he looked shocked to see how close we had become in the half hour tour.

As she stood there her black hair partially covering her face and the scarf she told me she loved hung around her neck we settled onto the sofa waiting for the group return. Soon enough they emerged with full stomachs and as i didn’t move Alex decided he was sitting on top of me. His bony rear end digging into my thighs before Ali decided it would be amusing to shout pile on as the rest of the group noticed the situation on the sofa. Gary’s face showed sorrow for what was about to happen to me and Casey.

The next moment me and Casey were underneath a mass of male bodies. I think i had consumed some of Alex’s hair in the process and started choking on it pulling some off my tongue. As i stopped i noticed how close our faces were underneath the mass. I sat there just about able to breath staring into Alex’s eyes he was staring back into mine our foreheads by now touching before movement occurred. My mind started to think damn why did they have to wreck it but I couldn’t let my crush ruin anything.

Little did I know Ed and Casey were considerably closer and once I was released from the mass noticed the two of them sat on the floor happily chatting and laughing. I smiled as i watch Ed and his flirting techniques but Casey seemed to love it.