Love's a Battlefield

Six

The gigs that were covered before we reached my home town were pretty eventful. We got lost in a couple of the towns causing us to be late for sound check, which didn’t impress Gary in the slightest. Mind you neither did parking his car the other side of the venue without him noticing and him been unable to find it. The shows themselves had gone really well with all of the crowds going absolutely nuts. The crowds were singing along camera’s were flashing, Alex was mobbed when he dived into the crowd and got a few of his tops ripped in the process.

At the moment I was settled down at a hotel bar a few hour drives from Wolverhampton. Casey was sat beside me and Gary and the boys weren’t in sight. We were both pretty glad to have the peace and quiet for a while and sat there enjoying our drinks before one of us been fireman lifted somewhere. Usually that was me been the smallest and Casey had been leg and a winged by Alex and Ed in the middle of a couple of hotels. We had been given a days rest before the wolves show date having worked two weeks straight so far without a break. As I sat there enjoying the conversation with Casey Gary appeared on his own at the bar.

‘Those lads are in the one bedroom all arguing with each other and i don’t know why. Any chance you girls can sort them? They aren’t listening to me at all, your better at getting there attention.’

‘Sure we will be back in a bit’

Me and Casey got off our seats as Gary carried our half finished drinks to a large table before order ding his own. We caught the lift up to the floor we all had room son and made a stop in our own room first. Teddy and Dan were normally known for the bickering and so me and Casey always had supplies to stop it. This time we each picked up and item form our bags before walking down the corridor a few doors to where the lads rooms were. Before we had even unlocked the room that was meant to be alex and Ed’s you could hear a mass of raised deep voices all shouting over each other. I unlocked the door, allowing it to swing open with none of the guys noticing as me and Casey walked into the room.

I raised my hand the air horn gripped tightly as i watched Ali and Dan both kneel onto the edge of a double bed their lips moving but no words understandable in all the other voices. They were the only two facing us both their eyes were currently glued to the other three faces that were obscuring us from view slightly. Casey raised her air horn as well winking at me as we both pressed down onto the buttons as hard as possible.

As the horns blasted loudly surprising the five males who were arguing a thud was heard before me and Casey silenced the horns. Dan and Ali were now both sprawled out on the carpeted floor and the other three had jumped before turning their attention to us. Casey spoke as Dan and Ali slowly climbed to their feet and stood upright again.

‘What was all the arguing about...... ONE at a time’

Dan was the one to reply as Ed shuffled toward Casey an apologetic expression obvious on his face.

‘I’m actually not sure, it started with an argument about missing bathroom items like Alex‘s toothbrush, you ended it though’

The rest of the group nodded in agreement before I informed them they were missing the drinks we were enjoying in the bar before we got some sleep and started travelling again. The rest of the night went smoothly, well except Ali spilling a drink in his laugh and cursing loudly about it. Casey and Ed were holding hands sat beside each with loving looks constantly been shot between the two of them, it was very sweet and i kept smiling at Casey. Alex had sat beside me and decided it was amusing to keep poking me in the side. Teddy shook his head at Alex’s childish behaviour watching my reactions to him. As Alex started to get on my nerves a little I slapped his knee and before I could move my hand his warm palm was on top of my hand keeping it on his knee. He smiled at me and I left it there presuming he was just doing it in a friendly gesture and relaxed and settled down comfortably. Gary winked at me once but i just smiled and did nothing, he knew how i felt but I wasn’t risking anything when Alex didn’t like me in that way. After a few rounds of drinks we all headed to bed hugging and saying goodnight before the fairly early start tomorrow morning.

The next day we all got loaded up into the bus and started the three hour journey to Wolverhampton. As i settled in the bus the bus at the front I pulled my laptop onto my knees. I decided checking my updates would be a very wise idea right now. I settled down happily ploughing through messages from family who wanted to see me, I also checked for any information from my management but nothing had come through as of yet. I hadn’t realized due to earphones in my ears that someone was now stood behind me.

As a hand was placed on my shoulder I jumped at the contact before turning to se a smiling Casey behind me. She happily settled into the available seat beside me so i paused my music. In the background you could hear the five boys talking and laughing fairly loudly and the odd squeal from Ali or Alex, and Gary was singing along toe radio happily at the front of the bus. Casey didn’t say anything to me but instead pulled me into a friendly hug. I smiled as we sat normally again.

‘Thanks Hol, without you i would never be where i am now.’

‘Case don’t worry, you would of your brilliant at what you do’

She just looked at me smiling before looking at the screen of my laptop. I explained to her that i would be meeting a few people on the Wolves day off and she had the idea of making it a group meeting. I agreed that it would be a perfect idea as we both knew my 14 and 10 year old sisters would be overjoyed to meet the boys. They had liked the music and were always interested in how well i got on with the ‘minor boys, not to mention the eldest found Dan pretty cute although she was a little too young for him.

Once I was done on the laptop and all the messages had been sent to inform of the organised meeting (we would tell the guys of the day) the two of us settled into the sofa playing in the play station that we had on the bus. We both noticed the bus was oddly silent, well except Gary’s singing. Casey placed down her control and warily checked the walk way on the lower level of the bus we were currently on. There was no sign of anyone so we grabbed the camcorder and headed to the second floor. The beds were empty and we still hadn’t seen anyone. Casey, who was leading gave the all clear around the corner and i followed. I had no clue at all I was been followed at a distance.

As we reached the end of the second floor we went to turn around and double back on ourselves when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. Casey had by now turned the camera on me as I wriggled to try and get free, As I fidgeted the grip grew stronger and was like stone, Alex then rested his head on my shoulder before the bus jolted and we both toppled to the floor along with the rest of the ‘Minor boys, ending up in a heap, Casey laughing at it as she steadied herself.

We all got to our feet and ran down to see the bus at a standstill at the side of the motorway with little kids staring out car window at us all. Gary ran from the bus a yellow jacket on and round to the other side of the bus. We ventured out the bus doors to see that one of the tyres had been shredded along the motorway and Gary was now the one to replace it as we stood in the choppy breeze waiting.

Casey had the camcorder on still and filmed Gary hard at work changing the wheel and us lot all stood outside the bus before turning it off. She shuddered as the cold wind whipped around her face and Ed noticed pulling her into his chest cuddling her to keep her as warm as possible and also placing a delicate kiss on her forehead. Meanwhile Teddy and fetched him and Dan jackets and Ali went and sat back on the bus. Alex wrapped his arms around my waist again and hugged me and rubbed my back after seeing me dithering before suggesting I went in the bus because he couldn’t have me ill and nor could Gary. The rest of the band followed suit and once Gary had changed the wheel we set on our way again.