Love's a Battlefield

Eight

The next morning I was awake pretty early. I was excited because we had the day of in wolves giving me the opportunity to meet my family and some old friends. I got dressed into something that was somewhat decent but with my job you tended to not have to many nice looking outfits with you. Casey woke soon after remembering what the plans were today and getting ready herself. Before long we were at the doors of the other guys making sure they got up. Ed was sharing a room with alex which was never good those two never liked getting p after nights drinking.

When ed stumbled to the door in just his boxers i just stared at his face. I was sued to these guys wondering around in not a lot I had spent a tour or two with them before. As Ed wondered off to get ready i saw Alex’s face still planted into his pillow. I walked over and gently started to shake his shoulder calling his name.

‘Ed get off me, only Holly can get me up.’

‘Alex I am Holly..’

With that Alex awoke with a start rolling over his cheeks glowing red under his messy hair. As he slowly got himself up he headed for the bathroom as Casey smiled at what he had mumbled. I shook my head smiling to typical Alex. Once everyone was ready including Gary we headed out as we were going to do some shopping before meeting my family and friends in the local pub for lunch and a couple of drinks.

As we wondered around the shopping centre I smiled happy to see the familiar places i had once known as my whole life before moving away. In a way I missed this place but was also gad to be rid of it. As we shopped i bought some new jeans, Casey bought a couple of new camera lenses and memory cards and Alex and Dan had dragged us into HMV. We ended up spending over an hour in that shop buying CD’s, DVD’s and games to keep us all amused for the bus journeys we would be enduring again as of tomorrow morning.

Once we were finished Gary bought the mini bus we were borrowing for the day to us and we all jumped aboard as i took place at the front in order to direct him the right way. The journey there didn’t take long at all and before long we were in the familiar car park of my local. As we jumped off a friend who always lived two doors from the pub approached the bus noticing me as i climbed off and picking me up into a bear hug. I smiled as I said hello and i asked if he wanted to join us with his best friend for the meeting as it had been so long. I had to admit Alex’s face did turn a little sour at the way he had greeted me but i thought nothing of it and carried on.

As we got inside the pub i was greeted by a welcome from my family members and some of the locals of the pub i was surprised some of them still recognised and remembered me actually. I smiled before introducing every whilst my two sisters hugged me happy to see me again after so long. I settled down alex sitting one side of me and Casey the other. My littlest sister who was now 10 hugged Casey before looking at Alex. Alex this is Phoebe my youngest sister. Phoebe smiled greeting Alex before my other sister Madison who was now fourteen grabbed a stool and sat by us.

I introduced the two to each other Madi smiling at Alex before she continued in a conversation with teddy. It seemed she could really get on with anyone nowadays and i smiled to see teddy pretty happy as i said hello to my parents. Mike who had greeted me in the car park some came to sit next to Ed who was sat with his arm around Casey.

Mike started to talking to me and as I laughed Casey watched how alex seemed to be glaring at mike every so often. I sat back after a while as people sat down to eat i wasn’t hungry myself and instead spoke to Alex for a little while. He had by now placed an arm around my shoulder and was very close to me. I found it a bit weird but still decided he was just bee the protective best friend he always was. Mike started to talk to alex after a while and i got up to go sit with other family members and the afternoon continued with lots of drinks and chat. Gary who wasn’t drinking due to driving the mini bus was not laughing with my sisters as pictures were taken. Casey was now armed with a camera to, i hadn’t even realised and i smiled as she took a picture of me in the middle of alex and Mike who both had an arm around me.

Before long i took the camera off her and snapped a couple of pictures in which hr and Ed were snuggled up in the corner of the area we were occupying. Ed kissed her forehead and then the tip of her nose as Casey smiled literally form ear to ear. As the night drew a close people started to head hem and i started to say goodbye to those who had younger children my old high school friends stopping for an extra couple of drinks. Casey was still armed with her camera and at one point got a really sweet picture of me and alex. I informed her in private when we had both headed to the toilets that I wanted a copy of it and she smiled.

As we headed back to the hotel that night we smiled. The ‘Minor lads were doing an acoustic set tomorrow morning at my old high school before we jumped on the bus and we needed sleep before then. We all settled down that night happily before awakening at 6 am ready to make a move.

As we arrived into the main doors of the high school I could already see young girls appearing at the doors trying to catch glimpses of the lads as we set up the hall with a couple of mics and stuff ready for the acoustic. Once we had set up which hadn’t taken long at all the lads were sent to do a signing as me and Casey went around the school me saying a quick hello to my old teachers who were happy to see me doing well in my career.

As 11 o clock neared the guys got read to settle for the acoustic set and i turned the mics on as Casey sat at the front to get a few pictures. As the set commenced Casey clicked away getting a few of the school kids as they sat there swaying singing and waving their arms to the songs that were played. As alex started the beginning guitar part to tethered ed got up and took Casey’s hand in his own. She followed him onto the stage and as he placed a hand around her waist he smiled as he started to sing the words directly to her. The school kids let out a few aww’s as he did so and Casey was now bright red as I recorded the whole thing after been given the known signal by Ed.

Once the set was finished we left the school and jumped onto the tour bus ready to head for the next gig we were playing of which i couldn’t remember exactly where it was. As we settled onto the bus Casey and Ed shared a few passionate kisses again before both snuggling down in the living area watching a film. I decided i was going to go annoy Alex for a little while. I found him sat in the second seating area on the bus and sat next to him hugging him. He smiled as i did before we started to talk. Before long he was yawning his head off after the morning awakening and i suggested he went to get some sleep whilst I challenged Ali to a guitar hero battle.