Status: updates may be slow.

There's Still This Appeal

3.26.06 Austin

//Jade’s P.O.V//

Megan was off with the Hush Sound, playing scrabble or something again. Kristi and Casey were having a make-out session, so I was alone and going out of my mind. Pete and Dirty were texting me non-stop asking me to come onto their bus, I wanted to. I couldn’t it was too risky I mean the only reason Pete hadn’t recognized me in the first place, was because I was hidden behind Kristi’s ridiculous glasses.

My cell phone started to play Sugarcult’s ‘Memory.’ It was a number I didn’t recognize; I pressed the” little green button, “hello?” “Hey Ellie,” a males voice responded. “Hi, uh who is this?” “It’s me Tyson!” Oh it was just Tyson, “oh okay, no wait how’d you get my number?” “Evil muffin overlord.” I made a mental note to tell her off later, “oh okay so uh. . .what’s up?” “Well I’m bored and wanted to see if you could come out and play.” I rolled my eyes at his wording, I don’t get him he’s loud hyper and perverted, then he’s like childish. I probably would have said no, I probably should have said no since I didn’t feel like changing but I was really bored; “sure.” “Great I’ll swing by in a bit.” I hung up and got out of my bunk.

I pulled my hair into a messy bun. I really didn’t feel like going through my stuff to find a hoodie so I peeked into everyone’s bunk until I found one (JT’s Bayside hoodie). I slid my feet into some flip-flops. I walked past Micah in the kitchen area, I tried not to look at Casey and Kristi, I got off the bus as quickly as I could. I looked around I couldn’t see him; I shoved my hands in the pocket. There was something in the left pocket, I pulled it out yes! Hubba bubba bubble gum, I unwrapped in and shoved the piece in my mouth. I bobbed my head to the song in my head, two hands on my waist made me jump. Tyson’s familiar laughter filled my ears. “Fuck you! Ugh I swallowed my gum.” This only prompted him to laugh harder. I turned ready to get back on the bus; he grabbed my arm “sorry it’s just so damn funny.”

I rolled my eyes and popped another piece of gum into my mouth, and handed him one. “Nice pjs,” he said eyeing my rubber ducky pants. I shrugged, “you’re just jealous.”
He smiled and led me away from the buses, we sat on the concrete. We talked about random pointless things until I blurted out what was really on my mind, “Have you ever been in love?” he chuckled, “I thought you said you liked my band, I mean the songs say it all.” I nodded feeling stupid, “yeah sorry, I just. . .you know how they say you never get over your first love?” he nodded, it felt kind of nice to finally talk about this to someone. “What would you do if you were the reason it didn’t last because you ran. Then you were put in a situation where you were close by and they didn’t know?” He remained silent, I wasn’t sure if he was thinking it over or if he hadn’t understood what I meant. I sighed, “do you get what I mean?” “Yeah I think I do. Honestly I’m not sure how I would feel. All I know is if it was between you and me I’d want you to talk to me, you know like clear the air. Maybe confront some of the problems we had so that we could be friends, or at least look back and understand what had gone on.”

I sighed, I was hoping he wouldn’t say that. I pulled my phone out of the hoodie pocket, it was time to work. “thanks for the talk, but I’ve got to go set up.” I got to my feet and offered him my hand, he took it but didn’t let go after he was up. I didn’t mind though, I actually kind of liked it. He told me some stupid cheesy jokes as we walked. I laughed more at how lame his jokes were than at how funny they were. It’s weird how Tyson grows on you. At first I thought he was just a typical annoying pervert, but He’s actually really sweet, and stupid in the funny way.

We finally got to the area I was supposed to be at, “thanks for walking me, and for the advice. You’re a pretty cool guy Ty.” He smiled and let go of my hand “sure, so I’ll call you later?” I nodded, “sounds cool.” He leaned in and pecked my cheek before turning around and leaving me. I turned around and was Met with Megan’s wide green eyes, “so you and Ritter?”

I shook my head, “nope just friends. Oh and you suck so much for giving out my number.” She shrugged, “he was harassing me! And he was holding your hand and kissed you something has to be going on.” I rolled my eyes, “holding hands means nothing I’ll hold yours right now, it doesn’t mean I’m like in love with you or anything, and that was like a peck on the cheek, I give everyone those.” She gave a shrug, the look on her face made it clear that she wasn’t buying it, I wanted to smack the look off her face but she was one of the few people I couldn’t stay mad at; “let’s go bring in some boxes.”