Status: updates may be slow.

There's Still This Appeal

3.23.06 Norman

//Patrick’s P.O.V//
Pete has been nonstop texting with that merch girl, and he randomly says things like “I’ve heard this before,” or “she reminds me of something.” It was really getting on my nerves; he barely focused on anything because he was always on the phone. Today was different; today was one of the rare times when Pete would take a nap in the middle of the day. I wanted to wake him up and tell him what had happened with Anna, I needed advice. I couldn’t talk to him or the guys because I knew what they would say, and I didn’t need sympathy I needed actual advice. I needed someone who was impartial, someone who didn’t know me or Anna. Pete’s sidekick was blinking, he had gotten a text. I thought about how many times Pete had said Elizabeth gave good advice, maybe she could do the same for me. I reached over and took Pete’s phone; I then scrambled over to my bunk so no one would know I took it. I opened the message and read it; ‘Ikr! So like a penis cookie cutter?’

I wondered what the hell it was they had been talking about. I was tempted to go through the inbox to see what their conversation was about but I heard Pete mumble something in his sleep; and I remembered why I was holding his phone.I hit reply and typed out;‘can I ask you something?’I waited and within seconds she had replied; ’sure’

‘my girlfriend cheated, and I dunno what to do’

who is this?

Damn it, I forgot that she knew Pete was single. Should I cover it up or just come out and tell her? Well maybe I should tell her advice is given based on the person receiving it right? ‘Patrick’I waited but this tie she didn’t reply for a while, it had probably been five minutes or so before the screen lit up. I opened the message. ‘oh hi. Depends was it like a kiss or worse?’

’much worse’

’was she drunk?

’no.’

’all I can say is do YOU think she deserves a second chance?

Pete pulled open the curtain to my bunk, “Trick have you seen my, why do you have my phone?”I deleted the texts and handed it to him, “I’m gonna go hang out with Tyson.”

//Jade’s P.O.V//
It broke my heart to know Patrick’s girlfriend cheated on him. I needed to find out who she was so I could kick her ass, or at the very least, send her hate mail. My phone buzzed in my pocket, I checked the message from “Petey”
’Trick hi-jacked my phone!’

I smiled and typed back a quick reply. I got out of my bunk and made my way to the back lounge. I stood by the door, Matt noticed and smiled at me. I kept my eyes focused on Casey, eventually Matt got the hint and left. I walked over to Casey and sat beside him, I opened my mouth to say something. I had no idea what to say, I settled for resting my head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around me. I smiled, “I love you Case.” “love you too kiddo.” I was glad that we’d made up, I know I have Kristi, Meg, and the guys but it’s not the same as talking to Casey.“Patrick’s upset.” “you talked to him?” Casey sounded surprised. I nodded, “yeah, well sort of. See I was texting Pete and out of nowhere it was Patrick texting and he asked for advice.” He let go of me so he could look me in the eye, “you’ve been talking to Pete?” “Yeah the other day I wandered off, I was upset and he was upset. We talked. I’m fairly certain he doesn’t know it’s me. But that doesn’t even matter, Case, Patrick is hurt. She cheated on him, if I ever find out who that bitch is I swear I’ll. . .” Case put a hand on my shoulder, “whoa calm down. He’ll get through it, besides you can’t protect everyone.” I shifted so that I had my head on his shoulder again, “I missed talking to you.” He held me closer, “me too.” At least things were starting to get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of short, but hey I updated!