Flight Risk

Grounded.

"You're grounded." Were the first words that I heard when I walked back in the door after a hilarious day of video games and some time spent down at Johnny's Bar listening to another local band that was playing.

"What! Why?" I shouted, glaring at my mother as she stood in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hands, dressed all in scrubs for work.

"Mrs. Klein called, said that you showed up at your school with a group of older men. She wanted to let me know about the make-out session you shared with one of them." My mother took a drink of her coffee, her eyes never leaving mine as she did.

I stood there speechless for a few moments before a scowl grew on my face. "She needs to stay out of my personal life," I grumbled, folding my arms over my chest.

"Everly," Mom called to me and my gaze met hers, "You are not allowed to go any where near those men. Not even the younger one."

I sputtered out sounds that couldn't even be considered words and my Mom raised a hand to stop me.

"Don't argue. It's final," She placed her mug in the sink and started to rinse it out. I ran to my room and pulled my cell phone from the shorts that I had changed back into before I came home.

To: Zacky Vengeance
'Don't reply to this, just call me in an hour.'

I hit sent and then deleted all the guys' numbers from my phone before my mother could come and demand for me to give her my phone so she could do it herself.

Mom came walking into my room as I sat on my bed, tracing the tattoo on my arm. "What has gotten into you, Everly?" she questioned quietly.

I just shrugged in return.

She sighed and sat on the on the edge of my bed. She put her hand on my knee to get my attention. I looked up to her, my eyes cold. "You're not the same girl that you were growing up. You've got a tattoo and those metal things sticking out of your face. Some days I don't even know who you are, anymore," My mother looked at me with pleading eyes, I closed my own.

"You're going to be late for work," I murmured.

Mom shook her head and said sternly, "It's alright. I already told Darlene that I would be a bit late. I need to talk to you about those men."

I groaned loudly and pulled a pillow up to my face to shield myself from what was coming. My mom pulled the purple pillow away from me and slid onto my bed more, facing me as well.

"Everly, they are too old for you," She started, "They don't seem to have any real goals in life and you do. You're going off to UCLA next year and you'll have to say goodbye to them. They don't care about you, Everly. You're just a young girl that's there for them. You are going to slip up and end up pregnant like your cousin, Victoria. I will not have my daughter raising a child as a teenager. You deserve more then that," Mom murmured, her voice softer then everything other word that had came out of her mouth, "When you leave for college this summer, you'll get everything you deserve,"

I sighed angrily and shook my head, "No Mom." I growled, "I'm not going to UCLA with Gabe next year."

A look of pure surprise flashed over my mother's worn features before rage settled in her eyes and she shot up from my bed, "Oh yes you are, young lady!" she yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"No I'm not. I'll go to college, but I'm not going to UCLA because you want Gabe at the same school to look after me. And," I continued, "I'm not going to be a doctor or a lawyer or anything like that! I'm going to be a journalist!"

I think my mom just about feinted when those words left my mouth. A hand flew to her chest as she shrieked, "Those men! They're corrupting you! You will never see them again!"

I chuckled darkly. "Oh yes I will."

"No," she stated, "You won't. That's final," My mother strutted out of my room, calling out for me not to leave the house and that she'd be calling on the house phone to check in.

I sighed when the front door slammed shut knowing that I was in a whole lot of trouble with my family. The clock told me that it was 9:36 PM and I still had about a half an hour until Zacky would be calling so I rolled out of bed and pealed off the clothing that I barely wore today.

One episode of Viva La Bam later my cell phone was flashing a number that I had dialed many times before, "Hey Zacky," I murmured with a smile on my face.

"Hey Granger, why did you need me to call you?" he asked and I could hear some shuffling from his end.

I sighed, "Well, the principle told my mom about what happened at the school today and she has banned me from ever talking to any of you guys again."

Zacky's hearty laugh brought a smile to my face, "You aren't going to listen, are you?" he questioned and I shook my head at the man on the other end of the phone line.

"Nope," I laughed as well, "But I'm going to have to lay low for awhile. I've been grounded," I laid back on my bed and folded one arm behind my head while Zacky did that adorable thing where he whimpers.

"Stop it," I laughed, "You're making me feel bad. It's your fault anyways."

He scoffed playfully and shouted, "How?"

"You're the one that carried me into the school!" I defended with a chuckle.

He murmured, "Touche, but you're the one that kissed me!"

"Don't tell me you didn't like it," I snapped playfully and Zacky chuckled.

"Oh, I liked it, all right!"

"Mhm," I murmured, "I bet."

Zacky and I talked on the phone for over an hour before my house phone began to ring and I told him I'd call him tomorrow when I woke up. My mom was on the other line and once again she was ranting about me being responsible and that she's just doing this 'because she loves me and wants what's best for me.'

"Got it, Mom. I'm tired so I'm going to bed." I hung up and walked back into my bed room.
From now on I'd have to be careful when I hung out with the guys. With that thought I tuned back into another episode of Bam Margera and his crazy antics with the CKY Crew.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for beej16! Haha, your profile is very... pink. Thank you for your comment(s)!
Hope you liked this.