The Only Exception

Five.

"Can't you just listen, Braylin?" He slurred as he edged closer to me. I knew that this was going to happen me, and I prepared myself for the beating.

I shrugged nonchalantly and whispered, "I'm sorry - I didn't think that I'd be gone that long." Oliver chuckled and gave me a sickly - tested grin. I bit my lip and backed up as far as I could. I ended up being trapped into a corner of the living room. The house was dim when I had come in, and once I was fully in the house, Oliver and dragged my by the hair and thrown me to the ground.

"You - you think you're sorry?" He chuckled, obviously amused. "If you were sorry, you would have gone off yourself the minute your mother killed herself!" He shook his head and got closer. "You know, maybe one of these days - I can finally have the guts to do that favor for you. It'd be so easy to hide the evidence." His words slurred with anger and honesty, I cringed back into the corner and let out a whimper.

"Daddy, I'm sorr-" My side was blasted with a full - on kick, and I grasped at my sighed and felt the tears begin to swell up in my eyes.

"You're not sorry - do not say you're -" Another kick, and then another. "Sorry, and do not -" One more kick, this time harder. "Call me 'daddy', or dad, or anything of that sort." He spat, raising his leg back before shooting his hardest kick right into my rib cage. I let out a howl of pain as I fell hard to the floor. Oliver shook his head before turning away and going to his room.

It felt as if my ribs were broken - ten times the pain then when I had broken my left arm a few years ago. The throbbing on my right side never subsided but only got stronger. I winced as I placed my hands strongly over my right side. Nothing else mattered but this pain. Oliver had never been this bad before - or maybe he had been, when he pulled the knife on me, threatening to end my life right then and there. I shuttered at the memory and struggled to my feet.

"Uh -" I groaned as I grasped the table for support. I needed to get to a hospital - I knew that. But I couldn't because they'd all get suspicious and then I'd be dead. Very very dead. But I went with my gut and stumbled out of the house - Oliver would be knocked out by now, and plus it's not like he'd care where I went. Just as long as his anger was taken out on me later.

I sighed as I began down the road, now times like these I would love to have a car to drive. But I didn't, so I'd stick with the absolute pain of walking to the hospital. As I walked through the small town of La Push, I noticed that the whole town was quiet and not a human being was out. I found my way to the La Push hospital and groaned when I read the sign that it was just a doctor's office, and they were closed.

What kind of place like that would be closed? Again, I sighed in aggravation and decided to just wait till morning, where I could actually see where I was going, and where this stupid place would be open. Sooner than I thought I was back on the rocky road that I was just previously on. The forest seemed like such a good place to go, but something inside me told me not to go into it. So I ignored the feeling to proceed, and just kept walking.

Bright lights soon came into view and the car that had been previously speeding down the road came to a complete and urgent stop. Out of the car came a tall, buff-looking male running to my side. Once in my view, I realized that it was the one and the only, Jacob Black. I glared up at him and stayed silent - still walking.

"Braylin? What - what happened to you?! Are you alright? Are you in pain?" He shot questions briskly to me and I stumbled my way around him. His warm hand grasped my left forearm and I hissed in pain. "You are hurt! I need to get you to the ER."

I pulled away from Jacob and whispered, "They're closed, I already checked."

"Yeah, La Push - so cheap. I meant the ER in Forks, let's go." He ushered me into his car and not long after, began to speed off down the road. During the ride I stayed silent, peeking out of the corner of my eye towards Jacob, who I noticed was doing the same thing. Jacob tried to get answers out of me, but I wouldn't budge. I wouldn't risk myself, and probably him if he found out what was going on with Oliver and I.

"Edward? Yeah this is Jake, sadly. Is Carlisle at the hospital still? He is? Okay, great - uh thanks." Jacob snapped his phone shut after his brief quick - talk with someone named Edward. My thoughts quickly came to an end as Jacob rushed over to my side and pulled me out of his car. I hadn't even noticed that we were here.

"Ouch." I muttered as we entered the hospital.

"Jacob? What is wrong? Edward called me and told me that you asked for me?" A tall, pale man with blonde hair and beautiful golden brown eyes approached us both with worry in his eyes.

"I don't know what's wrong with her - I found her walking on the side of the road." He answered bluntly. Assuming this was Carlisle, I looked up into his peaceful gaze and tried to shrug, but ended up wincing instead.

"Well, let's get you into a room." Carlisle said to me. "As you can see, I am Doctor Cullen - but call me Carlisle." I nodded as he brought me and Jacob into a room. Carlisle gave me a gown to change into before leaving the room.

"Aren't you going to leave?" I asked Jacob as I stared at his stern figure. He looked up and shrugged. "I need to change." I said.

"And your point is?" He mumbled, looking awfully tired. I let out a groan and turned out to change. I carefully stripped off my clothes - leaving on the underwear and bra, and began to put on my gown. "Holy shit, Braylin." Jacob gasped, quickly his warm hands were on my back.

"What?" I acted surprised, like I knew nothing about the large and massive bruises up and down my back. I could just picture Jacob's eyes trailing down my back, inspecting each bruise and soon the scars.

"Where are the scars from?" He asked, his warm fingers touching them gently. I felt cold just to his touch, but tried not to make it noticeable - which I failed at because Jacob chuckled lightly before becoming serious again.

"Uh..." I began. What would be my lie this time? I couldn't tell him the truth and answer him with, 'Oh well, one night before I moved here, Oliver shattered a glass beer bottle and decided to slice me at least three times.' I inwardly groaned.

"What are they from?" Jacob asked again, pushing the question further.

"Um, when I was younger, I fell out of a tree and scraped up my back..." I lied, biting my lip in hope that he'd believe me. The door opened suddenly and Jacob and I turned around to find Dr. Cullen - or Carlisle, entering the room.

"Well, first turn around so I can check your back - which Jacob had looked at." He mumbled that last part to himself. His freezing cold hands made me shutter at the light touch. "Well, your back is greatly bruised, um..?"

"Braylin." Jacob answered for me. I shot him a glare, in response getting a beautiful smile.

"Where are these scars from?" Carlisle then asked.

"Fell out of a tree." Jacob answered again. I watched as Carlisle gave him a stern look.

"Alright, now Braylin will you lie down on your back for me?" Carlisle again looked at Jacob.

"Yeah." I mumbled as I crawled onto the hospital bed. I moved my hands away from my hold on my ribcage as Carlisle pulled my gown down, just stopping above my bikini line. I tried not to blush as my chest was being exposed, and Jacob was in the room.

"How did this happen, Braylin?" Carlisle looked at me as his asked.

Shit. I thought. "Uh - I fell on a hill in the woods." I lied. Then I mentally smacked myself as I realized that I told them I was in the forest. Jacob's glare was set straight on me, he never moved a muscle.

"Well, I'm surprised that you aren't as badly hurt as I thought you'd be. What with the impact you must have taken - no broken ribs, just lots of bruising." Carlisle said all in one breath. I sighed in relief and kept my stare towards the ceiling. "The only thing that I can tell you to do is take losts of rest, and you should probably stay home from school for a few days."

My eyes shot over to Carlisle. "What? Miss school? No, I can't. Oliv- I mean, I just started!" I protested. Carlisle gave me an apologetic smile before telling me again to rest and change, then I could leave. Once he left the room I pulled myself off the bed and stripped.

"What did I tell you?" Jacob said through his teeth. I hadn't even gotten my clothes on and he was already starting this?

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my shirt. "I don't know." I shrugged. "Just wanted to check it out." Lie. Jacob sighed and walked over to me, closing in the space between us.

"I told you to stay out of there - it's dangerous." His warm, sweet breath swept over my face and my knees almost felt like jelly. But I needed to pull myself together and not fall for this boy.

"What if I'm used to dangerous things? What's the outcome of that for me?" I threw back at him. Jacob's face came closer to mine, our lips just inches away. His large, warms hands began to trail their way up my thigh and to my sides. He knew how sensitive I was, and only lightly touched my skin. His hands wrapped around me and soon were fiddling with my bra clasp.

"Well, then I'll have to keep you out of there myself." He whispered. His lips hardly brushed against mine as I turned my head and shoved him away. I pulled my shirt and pants on, along with my shoes before storming out of the room and soon out of the hospital. Jacob followed suitly, calling my name from behind.

"I need to get home before Oliver wakes up." I swore under my breath in realization that I had said his name aloud. Jacob looked at me skeptically before shrugging.

"Listen, Braylin." Jacob began as we sat in my driveway, my hand on the door handle. "I'm sorry about back there - in the ER." I gave him a shrug as I climbed out of his car.

"It's whatever, right?" I whispered as I pulled myself up the steps and walked into the dead house of mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoo, I got the next chapter up already! xD

That was fast, eh? Well don't get used to it. >.<
Haha, just kidding. <3

So, leave me feedback on what you thought!
I do in fact, need your opinions of my story, and the newest chapter.

Thanks to all who have already commented and subscribed!
I love your sweet comments! :3

ATTENTION:
I will be gone July 23rd till July 31st, on Vacation to Virginia!
I'll be back soon and I'll update right away! >.<

Don't leave me! D: