Us Against the World

Working at the bar.

Rolling out of bed, I groaned as I quickly hopped in the shower. I had maybe three hours under my belt and had to work yet again. This was my fourth night in a row that I had worked and barely gotten any sleep. I was working overtime at 14 hour shifts down at Antonio’s Bar; The Thames. Yeah, I know oh so very original and it’s on the river Thames.

Taking the fastest shower on record, dressed and rushed out of my small apartment and down the road to the bar. I loved working at a bar but this one was not my favorite. For instance we had to wear very low cut shirts and tight ass pants or skirts. I hated the dress code, but the pay was good and kind of made up for the grabby old men. I was working 6 pm to 9 am and it was going to be hell. The only reason the shifts were so high was because tonight was a very special Friday night. Prince William was supposedly showing up with his chums from Eton. Not that I believed that at all. That was Antonio’s excuse for using me all the time; I was his best bartender and I was foreign thereby adding to the charm.

Grabbing my apron I tied it around my waist and clocked in. The bar was nice, but I had definitely been in better. Tonight I was wearing spiked heels, a pleated black mini skirt and a low cut top that you could clearly see my bra through and over. Antonio would be proud.

Getting right to work I ignored the guys hitting on me; took the shots that they bought for me and chased it with a beer. I wasn’t much of a drinker, hadn’t been since my parent’s death three years ago.

I noticed this one person staring at me all night but I had to be mistaken. No one as gorgeous as him could be staring at me; especially with the beauty next to him. By the time I took my break at five, I was tired of wearing heels. They were a pain in my ass but I had to wear them because of my height. Standing at only 5’3, I was the shortest girl working the bar
ever and it ticked me off that they thought they were so much better than me.

I was putting out my smoke when I felt the eyes on me. Turning quickly on my heel, I met the gaze of that guy from the bar, the one with the gorgeous girl. And that’s when I went blind. I couldn’t see a damn thing, but I refused to scream. Hell, a guy like him could kill me all he wanted and I wouldn’t scream. If I believed in god I would have thought he was him; but I didn’t.

A hand was holding onto my arm; not tight enough to hurt but tight enough to keep me from struggling. Following blindly, me head snapping each way I felt my panic start to rise; my lip was beginning to tremble but I refused to show weakness.

“Stupid girl, she’s scared but quiet. Why won’t she scream?” a feminine voice spoke from behind us.

“She knows we are dangerous Jane. Be thankful she is coming quietly, we would hate for Aro to punish you for causing someone so promising any pain.” The one holding my arm was speaking, until I stumbled and he sighed, picking me up and carrying me to their vehicle or well at least I thought it was to their vehicle only the wind started running through my hair. WHILE I WAS IN HIS ARMS! WHAT THE HELL DID I MISS? WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE?
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada. First chapter forgive me for it's super short length (630 words). I am exhausted but should have more up soon.
Next up: Taste

Bar Uniform

Love Devon