Us Against the World

Fishing

Alec was watching for when I entered the main room, what I had been told Aro liked to call his atrium. I wasn’t surprised to see the flicker of surprise cross his features when he saw me, hell I was prepared for the wolf whistles from Felix and Demetri and Heidi demanding I spin for them.

What I wasn’t expecting was how much I enjoyed dressing up for myself and others rather than dressing up for egotistical bastards that wanted to drag you off to their beds for a night of sex. Not my thing but you get that a lot working in a bar tended by females.

I also wasn’t surprised when Alec snapped out of his surprise and started demanding that I stay behind. That it wasn’t safe for me to be going out with Heidi.

Rolling my eyes at him, I offered him a smile “I’ll be fine Alec, I can defend myself from the clutches of evil human bastards a swift kick or punch to the groan usually knocks them down a few if not completely. I worked in a female tended only bar. Therefore the men that came round thought we were there for their pleasure.” remembering a not so fond memory I scrunched up my face, “I once stabbed a man in the crotch for grabbing at my ass. He screamed like a dying pig,” giggling, I turned around to look at Heidi as she laughed.

“Come on love, we have fish to bring in” holding out her hand for me, Heidi straightened up smiling at Alec and everyone else in the room.

Grasping her hand, I led her out of the room before Alec could come out of his surprise again. I hadn’t seen much of Volterra, but from what I could see in the limited light, it was stunning.

“He likes you,” looking over at Heidi who still stood two inches higher than me even in six inch heels, I looked at her confused. He who? “Alec. He likes you. Why else would he fight to keep you human and from you coming out with me. He’s afraid for you and he likes you,” drawing out the last like in that sentence she pointed with her index towards a group of male tourists. From the sounds of them they were from Amsterdam. “Reel in the fishes love,”

Dropping her hand, I noticed they were watching us and because they were male I did the one thing that would really catch their attention. Pulling Heidi closer I pulled her lips down to mine for a short, but apparently passionate kiss.

When they started hollering and whistling at us I pulled away, winking when she stared startled by my actions. Looking at the five males staring at us with lust, I strutted over to them adding extra sway to my hips as I approached. It wasn’t the first time I had ever kissed a girl.

“Hello boys, I see you admiring my girlfriend would you like to accompany us somewhere more private?” biting my lip I did my best to seduce them. Boys were never really my forte.

“We would very much like to accompany you lovely ladies somewhere we can continue this conversation in depth,” with a heavy accents I knew this one wasn’t from Amsterdam, he sounded distinctly British and when he stepped into a pool of light I knew most definitely that he was a Brit.

Cocking my finger at them to follow me I took a few dangerous steps backwards towards where Heidi had been standing. When I reached it the boys were slightly disappointed that Heidi wasn’t there but I convinced them that she hadn’t gone far, so I continued to lead them up the path Heidi had brought me down by and intersected her with another group of males and a few females. In total the human count ranged about fifteen not counting myself and by the time we had them quieted down and obviously horny, we had increased those numbers to twenty.

Giggling as Heidi opened the doors, dropping my hand in the process, I winked at her for effect leading the humans supposedly to our room.

I did have an intense feeling of guilt over my actions but they needed to feed and I wasn’t going to be dinner just yet. Besides the bunch was clearly a group of perverted males; the females ranging about four.

Grabbing my hand again, I smiled at Demetri as he stood outside the atrium to let us in.

Leading the pack into the room, I heard a few disgruntled groans at the number of people until someone mentioned an orgy and it became obvious how we had gotten the crowd.

Smirking at Alec, Heidi caught me by surprise pulling me against her chest and pressing her lips to mine. Grinning into the kiss, I tucked my hands on her waist just beneath her breasts as a few of the boys in the pack groaned in anticipation.

“I think Heidi that we have them set to go sex wise anyways. Perhaps later we will finish this discussion,” spinning out from her grasp I walked towards a side door the led directly to the kitchen hall.

“Adele,” turning to look at Aro as he stood and the boy’s whined about me not staying I stood by Felix who was grinning down at me. “Stay and watch your handy work,”

Stay? Shit. Looking at Alec quickly, I went to turn down Aro’s offer when one of the first boys we had picked up grabbed me, tugging me roughly against him and attempting to slam his mouth down on mine.

Not having any of that I pulled my head back and let it go into the boys. I had a head of brick I was told and he immediately let go, dropping to the ground with his head bleeding. Walking back the way I had been grabbed I stopped hand on the door knob and swung my head back to look at Aro as everyone remained tense at the blood seeping through his fingers.

“No thank you Aro,” I was halfway down the hallway when the screams started. I paused for a minute my regret and guilt surfacing until I shook it off. I knew for some strange reason that Alec would rip that guy to shreds and I knew it without a inch of doubt that he would enjoy it and I enjoyed the thought of him doing that.

Slipping out of my shoes when I reached my room I dropped onto my bed and rolled over to face Jesse.

“I’m sorry Jesse, what else was I supposed to do?”

Nodding his head against my pillow he offered me a small almost nonexistent smile, “I understand a bit. I did worse in my days as a cowboy,” Shutting my eyes I fell asleep, hoping that I wouldn’t have anymore nightmares.

[color=# 3772A9]I was nervous. Today was a very important day and since I was with Alec and the Volturri I needed to be present when they arrived.

A few nights prior Aro had announced the arrival of vampire delegates from all over the world and as it was a formal affair, Heidi and I had been busy getting ourselves at least somewhat prepared. We had included everyone else but even now as I was putting my last earring into place, the only thing I was concerned about was seeing how well Alec cleaned up.

Opening my door once I was ready, I smiled stunned by Alec and how sexy he looked in a black tux.

“You look beautiful Adele,”


Snapping my eyes open I sat up quickly, thumping heads with Heidi.

“What’s going on?”

Shrugging she sat down; Alec was slouched against the far wall watching us from there his bright crimson eyes following our movements. “Nothing, I just wanted to congratulate you on a job well done. How did you know that hormonal males are my favorite?” winking at me she giggled.

“Your sexy of course horny males would be your favorite,” looking at Alec I smiled. Why was he so far away? And why the hell did he look like he wanted to be proud of me, but pissed at the same time?

My thoughts and feelings in regards to Alec were incredibly mixed up and I needed to fix that and fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heidi and Adele fishing

Well I had fun writing this update. Now I have to go make dinner. LOL
Well I hope you enjoyed. There is a hint in the dream in the part, the last one I am waiting still for some guesses.

Thoughts? Predictions? Just love?

Devon