Us Against the World

Frozen

I froze. What the hell happened? What did I just do?

One minute I’m kissing the guy I really really like and the next I’m wanting to shut his sister up. I have no idea what I did, but my hair was black and that was drastic since it was naturally red. Jane stood still and I could hear myself speaking through her mouth as soon as I stopped speaking I snapped back to myself and Jane started moving.

Backing slowly to the door, I looking from Alec as he stood staring after Jane I stood up and raced after Jane; I knew she was going straight to Aro and I knew he had the answers I needed.

Running towards the doors to the atrium, I passed a very surprised Heidi as she walked that way stunned most likely by Jane’s behavior. Pushing through the doors I glared at Aro. The bodies were still lying along the floors but I didn’t care.

Stopping in front of the dais steps I glared up at Aro as he watched me. I might have been standing in a pool of blood smears but at this moment I was more concerned about what had just occurred.

“You – why did you take me; was it because of what just happened with Jane?”

“And what is it Adele, that you are asking me exactly? What happened with Jane?” smirking at me I held out my hand. I was offering and it took him less than a second to rise and grab my outstretched hand. “Fascinating; if I had known Alec would develop feelings for you and you for him, I never would have let you stay human.”

“Damn it Aro. You know damn well what is happening and that isn’t it,”

Shaking his head, his free hand shot out to grab my throat. “Don’t assume anything Ms. Wolfe. You are still a frail human and if I wasn’t sure you still needed time to trust us I would turn you now.” Tossing me away from his body, he moved to sit back in his throne.

Standing up slowly from where he had thrown me into a few bodies, I growled for a change.

“Fuck you. If you think you know so much about me then you know I don’t make threats, I make promises and I have never backed out of one. Watch how you treat me, how you speak to me Aro or I will undo you.” It was true, I didn’t break promises and if what he had said so long ago was true and I was going to be very powerful as a vampire then I would bring him down and his precious Volturri with him.

Storming past Alec, Heidi, Jane and everyone else, I made my way back towards my room, slamming the door in Alec’s face as he tried to talk me out of what I had said.

I wasn’t backing down and I would do everything I could, human or not to fix my fucking hair because black was really paling me out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh it's starting to get dark.

Devon