Status: Slowly but Surely

Love Knows No Boundaries

What's going on in this school?

Ciera walked into school. Koby was waiting for her.
"Ciera," Koby said, running over to her.
"Yes, Mr. Popularity. Can I help you?" Ciera said, not looking at him.
"I'm sorry," Koby said.
"For what? Making my life living hell?" Ciera said, stopping at her locker.
"Yes, and for yesterday," Koby said, ignoring the looks from his group.
"So what? You want to get in my pants now? So you can say you had sex with the freak?" Ciera asked, sounding hurt.
"No," Koby said, "I just..."
"You know what? Save it. I don't care what you have to say," Ciera said, cutting him off.
"Why can't you give me a chance?" Koby asked.
"You'll just use me. You are like every other guy on this Earth," said Ciera, glaring at him.
"Give me one chance," Koby said, looking at her.
"Prove to me you deserve a chance," Ciera said, turning and walking away.
Mike ran over to her.
"What was that about?" Mike asked, stopping Ciera.
"Nothing. Just Mr. Popularity trying to get in my pants," Ciera said, a frown appearing on her face.
"You said no, right?" asked Mike.
"Of course. What's going on in this school?" Ciera asked.

**********

Koby waited outside of Ciera's last class. When she came out, he stopped her.
"Look, how can I prove it to you?" asked Koby.
"Figure it out yourself," Ciera said, avoiding the look Mike was giving her.
"You're wounding my ego, you know," Koby said, smiling at her.
"Like I care. Why are you suddenly interested in me?" asked Ciera, looking at Koby.
"God, when did you change, Ciera? What happened to the sweet girl I knew in elementary?" asked Koby.
"I became a freak, as your boys call me. I'm no longer sweet and innocent. Neither are you," Ciera said.
"I'm sorry. I really am. You're so amazing. No one can see it, but you are," Koby said, hugging Ciera.
"You still haven't proven you deserve the chance," Ciera said, laughing.
"How about I take you out Friday night?" asked Koby.
"Prove it to me Friday night, and I'll give you a chance. One date is all you get to prove it," said Ciera, smiling at him.
"Alright. I'll pick you up at 7," Koby said, his face lighting up.