Creatures Of Forever

Omniscient/Kitka's POV

Lilith’s eyes widened when she saw a broken Jakov lying on the ground. “What the hell Wes?!” she shrieked.

Wesley ran a bloody hand through his black hair – a common gesture when he was nervous – and let out a deep breath. His eyes returned to their normal blue color.

“You remember him?” Wes asked, pointing at Julian. Lilith nodded slightly, her eyes still big. “He attacked me.”
Wes said it, even though it wasn’t true. Julian provoked him, but didn’t strike first. She gaped at him for a few moments as Julian laid on the ground, groaning in pain.

“He said something about Kitka,” Wesley added quickly. Lilith kneeled down next to Julian and moved his head so he was looking at her.

“Alina,” he whispered. It was hard for him to breathe. “What are you doing here Jakov?” she asked softly. Wes stood behind Lilith, his arms crossed.
“Kitka… Torn told me…” Julian said slowly. “What? What did he tell you?”
So Jakov was still in touch with Torn as well.

“He said… Kitka.. is mine,” he whispered.

Wesley bared his teeth. “How could Torn possibly know that?” he snarled. Julian took a deep breath; his wounds were healing now.

“I don’t know…” Wes shook his head. “Then he’s probably lying,” Wes said.
“Fuck you, why would he lie about that?” Julian growled.

“To fuck with your mind, fool,” Wes replied quietly, sounding bitter. He craved his life mate more than Lilith wanted a child.

Before Lilith could intervene, a creaking sound interrupted Wes and Julian’s stare-off. The auditorium door suddenly began to open behind them. Wes reacted quickly; he grabbed Julian’s arms and easily dragged behind the building, out of sight of the doors.
Wes heard Lilith talking with an administrator, telling him about how she didn’t feel well and needed to go home. She told him to say goodbye to the kids for her, and briskly walked away.

She appeared behind the corner where Wes and Julian were.
“Let’s go,” she mumbled. As she passed Wes, she hissed into his ear.

“I’m not through with this conversation.”

~~

Lilith walked inside with an irritated look on her face when they reached the house, with Wes trailing close behind. Kitka turned to Julian very quickly, who had been laid out on the couch. Jasper and Marisol avoided Lilith’s warpath by ducking into the kitchen.

Wes and Lily climbed up the stairs, and stopped in Lily’s room. She slammed the door shut as soon as he was in the middle of the room.

“You need to calm the hell down,” she hissed, jabbing a finger into his face. He began to protest that she was the one who needed to calm down, but she stopped him.

“Shut up, or I will rip your head off and use it to decorate my fucking wall,” she snarled, poking him in the chest hard. Wes closed his mouth. Lilith turned and threw her hands into the air.
“I can’t believe you! Why the hell would you beat him within an inch of his life RIGHT outside the school?!” she exclaimed. Wes dropped his head to his chest. “I’m sorry, ok?” he mumbled. He was about to explain that Julian was threatening lives, but she interrupted him again, turning back around and jamming her finger back into his skin.

“Then you shouldn’t have done it,” she growled, getting into his face. They stared each other down until Lilith moved backwards. “Calm the fuck down,” Wes said. She growled again, holding his now-white pupils with hers.

Suddenly, she turned away and walked in a half-circle before stopping beside Wes and yanking off his bloody tie. She tossed it to the ground. He stood still, letting her throw him around.

He nearly fell sideways as Lilith grabbed his collar and pulled, breaking off the top button. She ripped his shirt open, the buttons falling down to join the first. Her pale hands gripped the black shirt and pulled it out from underneath his belt, where it had been neatly tucked in.
She pushed it off his shoulders and he let his now ruined shirt fall to the floor as well.

Lilith bent over and picked up the bloody and ripped up piece of clothing, and held it in Wesley’s face.

“This,” she hissed, shaking the shirt around. “is what happens when you lose control. You can’t just run around covered in blood! That’s not normal. I’d think after 5000 years you would’ve learned that.”

Wes growled quietly.

“What?” Lilith snarled at him.

“I didn’t ‘lose control’. I was fucking protecting one of your kids!” Wes hissed back. “That crazed lunatic threatened them!”

Lilith backed off, but kept her angry look. “Why the hell would he do that? He’s got no reason!” Lilith exclaimed.

“I don’t fucking know!” Wesley retorted. “But I’m not the bad guy in this situation, alright? So stop treating me like it.”

Lily’s expression softened, and she stepped back. “I’m sorry,” she said softly.
He looked down, but held out his hand. She took it gingerly.

“It’s all right,” he replied quietly. “You didn’t give me a chance to explain myself. And I just don’t want to be thinking that you don’t trust me.”

Lily stepped forward and wrapped her tiny arms around his waist in a sort of apologetic hug. She rested her head against his bare chest as he mimicked her actions, holding her as well.

“I’m sorry,” she repeated. “I was just really mad… It really freaked me out to see him in the first place. And then you covered in blood didn’t help. I thought you just attacked him for no reason. I know you didn’t like him.”

He smiled slightly. “I still don’t,” he said. “Him threatening your kids just made me snap.”
Lily smiled as well. “I’m just glad you’re protecting them,” she replied. She became distracted, tracing the ancient ankh that inked his shoulder. He smiled again as she outlined the intricate symbol with her finger.

~~

“So…. You’re Julian,” I said slowly. It was a fine way to meet him. He was covered in bruises, cuts, and scrapes of all sizes and shapes. Good job Wes.

But something about him stood out to me. Was it the dark hair matted with blood? Hmm, no.
His shining blue eyes looked up to me.

“Yeah,” he replied softly. “And you are..?”
I moved my dark brown hair out of my eyes. “Kitka,” I said simply. His eyes widened, and he practically fell off the couch.
“Hey, are you alright?” I asked worriedly, touching his arm. A shockwave ran through my hand, up my fingertips to the center of my chest and then to my head and feet. He looked to have felt it too.

What the hell? I thought, looking at my hands. Julian seemed to have finally fallen; I felt a thump on the ground and looked down to see him on the floor.

I stared at him. “I fell,” he said simply.

I couldn’t help but smile; it was actually really cute the way he said it. His dark hair had fallen into his face, and he looked very surprised.

He picked himself up and sat back on the couch. I sat next to him.

“Do I ….know you?”I asked slowly. “You seem really familiar.”

He smiled. “Kitka… I have been told I am your life mate.”

It was my turn to almost fall.
“Excuse me?” I said, accidentally very loudly. Luckily, Jasper and Marisol had retreated to somewhere else so it was just Julian and I.

He nodded slightly. “Yeah… Torn told me,” he said softly. I looked down to my hands. Fuck. Just what I need.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long-ass wait. :/ I've been really busy lately. Comments please?