The Past and Present Collide

To dance is to love

A few days before the dance Hermione begged me to go to the Gryffindor common room and into her dorm to get ready for the upcoming ball. This ball would be the end of me I was nothing but nerves, but Hermione reassured me that all would go good. I sure hoped she was right I didn’t want another incident like last time it just may drive me insane. The day of the dance seemed to go by very quickly, it had seemed like I just woke up.

“Well,” I said to Remus, “I shall see you down in the Great Hall, that’s if Hermione doesn’t destroy me,” I half laughed, he joined in.

“Don’t worry my love I know you’ll look lovely you always do.”

“Thanks Remus,” I replied a small blush spreading across my cheeks.

Now here I am with Hermione and we’re doing nothing but are rushing around her dorm with the other girls to make ourselves look good. I think we did it in record time since it took us like an hour and a half, by the end we were slightly out of breath but it was worth it. I couldn’t believe how we turned out; people would stare in awe, which is what we were aiming for.

We decided to go down into the common room and wait for Ron and Harry. Those two were already waiting, so Hermione and I walked down the steps arms linked. The boys just stared wide-eyed, and then we headed to the Great Hall. When we reached the Great Hall it had changed greatly, the decorations looked amazing. After awhile of dancing I got hot and went outside, I stood by the lake, a little chilled and stared at the sky. It was a beautiful night, the moon was crescent and the stars were beautiful hanging over the lake. The snow was crisp and easy to walk on. I heard a noise behind me so I quickly turned around to see Remus walking towards me.

“Hi there Remus.”

“Hi, are you having fun?”

“If I said I was having a ton of fun I’d be lying Remus, and I hate lying to you,” I responded.

I then turned to face the lake. A breeze blew causing me to shiver, at this Remus took his jacket off and put it around me.

“I wish I could turn back time,” spoke Remus.

“Me too,” I replied, “I miss the old days.”

He put his arm around me, and we continued to stare ate the sky, we then noticed tiny lights throughout the sky. They ended up being tiny fairies dancing to their own music. Remus and I had heard this slow dance and started dancing to it. We laughed and had a good time, then after a while we went indoors to finish the ball.

The next day, being today was the day most of the Hogwarts students would be heading home for the Christmas break. This break was very much needed and would be giving Remus and me lots of time to do some thinking and even more time to catch up.

“Well,” I said leaning up against Remus in front of the fire, “I think we should establish the two of us, we can’t just pretend we’re not back together or anything.”

“As much as I want to argue, I will not, mainly because I love you and need to be with you so I agree lets get back together.”

I smiled and kissed his lips; the kiss he returned was slow at first but then went to fierce. That night I gave myself to Remus Lupin and I don’t regret any moment of it. That couple of weeks were amazing. Remus and I chatted, laughed, sang and danced our troubles away. It brought back so many memories for us. During the first week was the full moon, I seemed to ease his pain more than I ever did and as wolves we frolicked in the snow. His
Christmas present consisted of a golden necklace with a picture of me and him when we were younger and in love, not that we still weren’t.

I had gotten some joke supplies and a card from the twins, some candy, and a bunch of other brilliant things. I was surprised that Lucius gave me a set of ear rings, which Remus checked if there was anything wrong with them.

Soon enough the break was over and we headed back to Hogwarts castle, once there I shown and told some of the things we (being Remus and I) had gotten. I was then bombarded with stories of what had happened in those two weeks we were away. Hermione of course noticed the happiness that was glowing off of both Remus and I and got the story of us getting back together out of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait i was extremly busy and stressed out but now i may soon finish this story between watching supernatural