The Past and Present Collide

Grimmuald Place

It was a few days before the owl returned with a message from Dumbledore, he had agreed with the plan. He also said that it would be the Weasleys, Harry, me, Hermione, Severus, Remus, McGonagall, and hopefully Lucius in the group, and maybe others. Though Molly left out Lucius and said that the group was her all her idea. This of course was until I was willing to tell them. Little did I know I would tell them sooner then I thought.

We would be having our first meeting next month at Grimmuald place where the order has their meetings. Harry was explaining the painting at Sirius’ house, I hoped if she recognized me she wouldn’t bring anything up about me. Today was the day we‘d be heading to Diagon Alley to pick up everyone‘s things, I felt nostalgic as the bricks were tapped leading into the marketplace. I ended up spending most of my time at the joke shop with Fred and George who said that they hadn’t expected me to love playing pranks as much as them.

“Well I’ve done my job then, there aren’t many people who’d suspect a girl to prank,” I spoke, smiling broadly.

“Well when we get our shop set up you should come visit us.”

“I don’t see why not,” I replied casually.

It seemed like a short visit though, and soon enough we were back at the Burrow, and getting packed to spend the rest of the summer at one of the marauders houses, I felt sad knowing that Sirius wouldn't be there. I kind of couldn't believe that crazy cousin killed him, I vowed revenge that day. The rest of the day flew by and soon enough we were woken up early. By early I meant three in the morning, which I wasn’t to pleased with. We’d be going by broom, I was almost tempted to transform into another animal but I decided to ride with Ron who wanted to show me his flying skills.

It seemed like forever but when we finally arrived in front or houses eleven and thirteen I smiled. I couldn’t help but remember the day I helped Sirius run away. I walked forward forgetting everything just so I could be first to see the house appear, the muggles not even realizing what’s going on. Molly shook her head with slight disappointment, and slight amusement, the rest looked at me confused. Then again Ginny kept my secret to herself, she was the one who knew who I really was. She also was getting lessons from me on how to control fire, of course with her parents consent.

As we walked in we were greeted by Severus and Dumbledore. It had cleared when we got here and a full moon was shining outside, so I knew where Remus was. I wasn’t going to surprise him until morning, I tried to imagine the look on his face when he saw me. A part of me hoped he’d still want me now that he was far more older than me. There was a part of me that wanted to be there for him in his time of need, I felt terrible for not being there for him after all these years.

“Well I think all of you should be resting now, you had a very long flight,” Severus walked to wards me while everyone went to get settled, “I’m surprised you weren’t here before everyone else.”

I noticed Hermione glance over, a questioning look on her face, I knew she was trying to figure me out. Without another word Severus left the house and Dumbledore made his way over to me, a smile playing on his lips.

“Sam you can have Sirius's room since his is the only one with no one in it, now with that said I must be off have a nice night everyone.”

“Alright then it's settled, to bed with all of us,” Molly added.

No one disagreed with that.