T-Shirts and Short Shorts

Chapter Twelve

I was woken up someone giggling. Slowly I forced my eyes open and rubbed the eye crust out of my eyes before focusing on the four figures standing over me. It took me awhile to realize that it was the rest of my roommates and Claire and Sarah were giggling while Nick and Carter looked shocked. I blinked not knowing what they were seeing, was my hair a mess, was I drooling? ; That would be embarrassing. That’s when my pillow started to move, what pillows aren’t supposed to move, I turned my head slightly only to be looking up at a confused and groggy Skyler. “What were you guys up to last?” Claire asked in a suggestive voice. I looked around me I had a blanket draped over me, there was a pillow between my head and Skyler’s lap; there wasn’t anything compromising about this situation at all. “Nothing I guess we just fell asleep watching the movie, which by the way was scary!” The looks on there faces well Claire and Carter’s told me that they didn’t believe me, but let it slide, though Claire would ask me about it later on today.

“Well moving on, we got to get ready we got to be down in the breakfast room in 1 hour.” Nick said. Claire and Sarah looked panicked as they raced to get to the bathroom first. Claire won of course, but knowing her she could be in there the whole hour. “You guys might want to find another bathroom; she’ll be in there awhile.” I thought I’d let them in so we wouldn’t be late and miss going to the mall. They grabbed there bags and left the room; hope there able to find somewhere to get cleaned up, but that also left me alone with Skyler. I sat up quickly remembering that I was still lying in his lap. “Sorry for falling asleep on you like that.”

“Don’t worry about it. I didn’t even finish watching the movie myself.” He said with a small smile. I returned it and bent down to pick up my bag when I noticed the bag beside it was have open and a pair of black swim trunks were clearly visible; I couldn’t help but smile he’d do this even though I was pretty much a jerk to him before. Before I left the room I took one more glance at him, he’d already fallen back asleep. I made sure to close the door quietly and started backing away from the door when I bumped into someone “I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to…” I said as I turned around slowly, it was Andrew from last night he looked even better today. “No problem Samantha. What are you doing?” He asked as he took in my pjs and bag in tow. I shifted uncomfortably “One of my roommates is hogging the bathroom.” He smiled “well everyone in my room is done; the bathroom is yours if you want.” He seemed nice but there was still that feeling that something about him was off, but I do need to get ready I don’t want the bus to leave me here stuck 4 hours away from home. “That would be very helpful.” The smile he gave me, made me rethink my reply but it was too late he was leading me down the hall I’m assuming to his room.

Turns out his room was just down the hall from mine. The room was clean and the bed was made; totally not what I expected from a group of guys sharing a hotel room. “The bathrooms right there.” Andrew pointed as he went to turn the TV on. I nodded and walked into the bathroom making sure to lock the door behind me. I turned the shower on and tested the water with my hand before getting in. Being in a strangers hotel room made me uncomfortable so I had a very quick shower and got dressed, I decided on ripped skinny’s, and my purple boyfriend hoodie paired with black flats. I left my hair curly since I just wanted to get out of there. “Thank-you for letting me use your bathroom.” I said heading for the door. Andrew got up and made his way towards the door blocking my exit “Are you sure you don’t want to stay awhile?”

“I would but I’ve got to get back to my group were supposed to be meeting now.” I said trying to avoid eye contact with him. “Come on you don’t have to leave right now, I’ll I need is a couple minutes.” He reached his hand out and moved a piece of my hair. “No I’ve really got to go, thank again.” I said as I reached for the door handle it turned by itself and in walked two more guys with a young girl. She looked younger then me and like she was about to pass out, the other guys hadn’t noticed Andrew and I there, so while Andrew turned his attention to them I snuck out the door. A couple feet away from me I saw who I’m guessing to be one of the councillors looking for someone “Hi. You look like your looking for someone, I just seen a young girl go into that room there. I hope you find who you’re looking for.” I said before walking away quickly back to my room. I really do hope that, that girl is alright.

I got to the room just as everyone was leaving the room “Come on were going to put our bags on the bus and get something to eat.” Carter said as I followed the group as we made our way down the stairs. By time we got to the lobby we all needed to have another shower but there was no time for that so we just had to go ahead and get in a little breakfast before the bus left for WildWinter.

~ ~ ~

When we got to the mall Greg handed out the day pass; the only problem with the day pass was that it was only good for one event. We also agreed on a time for everyone to meet back up at the doors which we came up with a reasonable time which we decided on 7:00 o’clock pm since we were going to be stopping to get something to eat on the way home. This gave everyone 10 hours to do whatever they wanted, as long as it was within the mall.

Once we got through the mall entrance, the 6 of us stood there not knowing where to go first “So do you guys want to go shopping first or to the amusement park?” Sarah asked. I noticed that she didn’t really talk all that much around us, maybe she was just really shy. The guys just looked towards us “Well if we go shopping first then we have the rest of time to go on all the rides, I imagine that there will be lines.” I offered since no one else did. “What about our bags?” “We can rent lockers, that way our stuff doesn’t get stolen.” Everyone seemed to like this idea, so I guess this is how were going to do it.

The first couple of stores we went into weren’t that great no one bought anything. And it seemed like Sarah, Claire, and I all had lost puppies following us around each store. The gesture was nice of them all to want to stay with us, but it wouldn’t be much fun for them to have to follow us around from store to store so we told them that they should just go and do there own thing, and that we will all meet back up for a late lunch.

The three of us girls walked around though it only felt like Claire and I since Sarah didn’t really say much; I felt bad for leaving her out of the conversation, though she didn’t seem to mind. But I figured I should try and include her since it looked like she would be hanging out with us more because it looked Carter and she had a thing going, but I needed to make sure.

“So Sarah, are you and Carter dating?” I guess I’m just going to be blunt and to he point.

She was hesitant to answer at first “No were not dating, yet.” She had so much determination when she said yet. “So you like him then?” Claire and I said in unison.

“Yeah I do. But then again who doesn’t like Carter. I just hope that he likes me too.” I didn’t like the way she said who doesn’t. It made Carter sound like he was some kind of prize, which he wasn’t a prize you’d have to be lucky to get him. The conversation died again but neither of us seemed to mind, since we were shopping. As we walked past a dress store we were stopped and pulled back towards the entrance “We need to find dresses for the snowflake dance.” Claire said answering my unasked question “But that’s in like 3 months.”

She gave me a stern look “When is the next time that you’re going to be near a nice dress shop like this between now and then?” I didn’t answer because I knew there wouldn’t be the chance “Exactly.” She said knowing she won. Claire and Sarah were trying on dresses while I sat and watched our other bags “How are you guys gunna get your dresses home? You can’t exactly stuff them in a rent a locker and expect them to survive the bus ride home.” Claire opened the curtain and looked at me like I was stupid “places like this will deliver it to your home silly.” Oh well that is convenient.

Half an hour later and both Claire and Sarah had found there dresses. Claire had picked a light blue strapless floor length dress; Sarah went with a simple white and short. But yet she still looked classy without looking like a skank. I on the other hand didn’t even bother to look for one since I had no fashion sense what so ever, plus I didn’t see anything that I liked. All Claire had to do was go up to the lady and tell her what the occasion was then she went looked at me, went to the back room and 5 minutes later she came out with a stunning red dress. I hope that’s not for me “Go ahead and try it on” The women said in a strong European accent and ushered me into the dressing room. Since I’m in here I might as well try it on.

I pulled the curtain aside and walked over to the mirror; the girl in the reflection looked beautiful the red made my eyes pop and my brown hair complemented the whole look. I have to admit the reflection was beautiful and was told multiple times by store workers and my friends “I may look pretty but I can’t wear red to this dance.” I complained and immediately Claire’s hands went to her hips “Samantha why can’t you wear red, for Christ’s sake I’m wearing blue. Does that scream out festive, no but who cares.”

After a pointless argument with Claire and Sarah and $200.00 later I would have the dress delivered to me in 2 weeks. It’s past my budget for dress shopping since I still need to find a prom dress for the end of the year. Plus I had already spent another $250 on other clothes, I was done shopping as well as Claire and Sarah so we phoned the guys and let them know to meet us in the food court.

We all grabbed our food and meet up at one of the booths they have for larger groups. “So what did you guys end up doing?” Sarah asked more to Carter then the others I assume since she was only looking at him while she spoke. “We uh went to HMV and a couple sport stores.” Nick answered before Carter got the chance “That’s all you guys did for 3 hours?” Claire blurted out sounding appalled. The guys just looked like dears in head lights and just stuck to nodding in response.

“Boys and there toys.” I said shaking my head “So was it fun at least?” I asked Skyler

“Oh you have no Idea how fun it was. It was like walking into the pet store I wanted everything.” We both shared a chuckle.

“Well if you two are done flirting now, I’d like to get this amusement park ordeal over with.” Carter interrupted; I hadn’t even realized that Skyler and I were even flirting. “Still eating here.” Nick replied mouth half full.

While we waited for everyone to finish eating Skyler and I continued to talk; I kind of forgot that anyone else was there until I heard that annoying sound the straw makes when the cup is empty and nick shouted “done!”

After we paid 5 bucks for two rent-a lockers we made our way to the line up for the drop, which of course just so happened to be the longest line. While we made our way closer to the front my stomach began to turn in knots as I watched all the people shoot up and then drop back down with deafening screams. But then I was so excited to do if for myself.

I got butterflies as the guy came around to make sure that everyone was buckled up safely. I looked to my right “I’m sorry if you deaf” Skyler gave me a confused look “I may scream.” He gave me an ‘it’s okay’ look.

“3…2…1…Lift off” the robotic like voice counted down and then we were shot up into the air. The ride stopped once we got to the top and I looked over at Skyler nervously and he reached his hand out for me to take, once our hands connected we dropped back down with ear piercing screams. I wasn’t the only who screamed so I wasn’t all that embarrassed when Skyler pretend to be deaf after we all got off the ride, and made our way over to the booth where you could by a copy of the picture as you were falling. We all put in a dollar to get a copy, so later we could just scan it for everyone else. Claire was the only to notice that Skyler and I were holding hands, and gave me the we’re going to talk later look. “Sarah are you okay? You look a little green.” Carter said placing a hand on her back. She shook her head no so as a group we decided that we’d take a break from the rides and go play some of the games.

Skyler, Nick, and Carter were all trying to beat this shooting game. I couldn’t tell you what the point of the game was; just that games like this are just there to take your money, but sometimes I admit that you get prizes and from the looks of it they were all trying to win this stuff frog. Carter and Nick came out unsuccessful while Skyler came out with a big smirk and frog in his hand “I won this for you” he said as he handed me the frog, which earned him glares from the other two; do I smell jealousy? I looked down at the frog in my hands trying to hide the blush.

After the games no one really felt like going on any of the rides besides Skyler and I. So the two of us ended up going on all the rides twice including the carousel, though I felt bad for ditching everyone else, we did come her to go on the rides and have fun after all right?

I was having so much fun here, that when 7 o’clock rolled around I wished that I had the power to freeze time and make this last. But then again I still had another 4 or 5 hours with him on the bus; hopefully this time we can actually have a normal conversation.