T-Shirts and Short Shorts

Chapter Thirteen

The ride back was definitely a lot better then the one here. This time the six of us actually got seats close together so we could all talk together. Time just seemed to fly by as we stopped to eat and continued our trip home. We all told embarrassing stories of our past, I knew Claire and Carters stories so it was good to here that other people had just as embarrassing stuff as us. This trip I think made us all closer. Since we could tell those kinds of stories, and be able to handle others laughing without feeling self-conscious.

But as the view from the window grew darker and darker until you could no longer see what’s beyond the glass the bus began to quiet and slowly conversations began to die including ours, as we were all beginning to feel sleep deprived. Including myself so I took the opportunity to use Skyler’s shoulder as a pillow, hopefully I’d be able to get in a little nap. After all I do have school to go to after all this.

Skyler’s P.O.V

This weekend has been a blast; well I’ll admit at first I was pretty sceptic about it especially when she seemed like she resented me once we reached the auditorium. I honestly don’t remember what I did that pissed her off so much but hopefully I made it up by staying behind to watch the movie, though at first I only did it so I could spend some time with just her so I could find out what I did wrong, but then it turned out that I just wanted to spend time with her and have fun. It just sucks that I was too tired and ended up falling asleep half way through the movie after realizing she was no longer awake and draped the blanket over her. And again just like the other night she laid her head down on my shoulder and I waited tell her breath evened out and I myself let a small nap sneak in.

Back to Sami’s P.O.V

I as well as everyone else on the bus that had been sleeping was rudely awakened by the loud horn going off. The bus was filled with people trying to wake up and gather up all there belongings. I didn’t want to move but I knew I had to get home plus Skyler couldn’t get up till I did. I grabbed my purse and made my way off the bus; and if I wasn’t awake I was definitely now since the morning air was cool. I waited patiently as all the sleepy people went and dug through the pile of bags for there own. Half these people for sure would be at school today.

After I grabbed my bag I made my way towards my car. I put the key in the ignition and turned but nothing happened to I tried again, and still nothing. I looked around the lot and it was nearly empty, to add Clair and Carter had already left, I looked around again and spotted Skyler walking towards his car across the street I opened the door “Skyler!” he turned around “My car won’t start will you help me?” He started to make his way towards my car.

“I’ll take a look, but don’t get mad if I’m wrong there’s not much light over here.” He said while lifting up the hood. I stood off to the side since I wouldn’t be of help because I know nothing about cars. A few minutes later he looked up at me confused “Well someone took out your spark plug, among other things.” I didn’t know what to say, and I could feel my expression harden “You’re going to have to call a tow truck in the morning; she isn’t not gonna go anywhere…” he said looking around awkwardly” Do you want a ride home, my cars just over there.” I nodded my head, still mad about my car. I made sure to grab anything important or hide it under the seat, and locked the doors before making my way towards Skyler’s car.

For some reason the drive to my house was awkward and silent except for the occasional “Turn right” or “Turn left.” When we pulled up into the drive way I didn’t get out right away. Instead I faced him “Thank you for driving home, and hanging out with me this weekend.”

He smiled “your welcome, plus I had fun hanging out with you too. Hey since you don’t have a vehicle, want a ride to school later on?”

“That would be great.” I looked at the time on the dashboard “Well I should get inside, want to get some sleep before school.”

“Okay, wait her I’ll give you my number… Encase you don’t end up needing a ride.” I handed him my phone before getting out of the car “Night, and thanks again.” “Goodnight.”

As I closed the front door behind me I heard his car pull out and drive away. At least he’s a gentleman and made sure that I got in okay. The kitchen light was still on, looks like mom waited up for me even though she didn’t have too. But the thought still made me smile as I made my way to the kitchen. She looked tired as she had her head propped up in the palm of her hand while she read a book on the island. “Gosh you scared me” She said as she saw me approach and take a stool beside her “I didn’t here the garage, where’s your car?”

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you. It’s still in the lot, I tried starting and got nothing so I had to get Skyler to take a look at it and” She cut me off “Skyler is the boy you like right?” I nodded my head slightly while she smiled “I knew it. But anyways he took a look at it and?”

“He said that someone took something out of it and that I’d need to call for a tow truck, if I wanted to get it out of there.” Mom gave me a concerned look and I knew she was thinking the same thing or rather the same who, who would do this “Samantha, I don’t want you to be going out alone, at least not for now. This Chris character seems like he can be a complete nut job.” I nodded my head in agreement with her, I sure wasn’t gonna be going anywhere alone anytime soon. “Mom you don’t have to worry about me like that. I’ve already made arrangements to get to school, and besides Claire and Carter like never leave my side. And knowing those two after I tell them about this there never gonna leave me.”

“I know honey. I am a mom and I do worry about stuff like this, even though I know you can handle yourself. But anyways it’s late…. well early and I’ve got work. You should get to bed too. Goodnight honey.” She said as she kissed my head and left the room.

After looking up downstairs and putting my pyjamas on I got into bed. And just as I got comfy my phone went off. I opened it and the text:

“Hey Sam, did you have a fun walk home?” What the hell. Who would send me this? I decided to just ignore it since it was from an unknown number. Again just as I got comfy it went off again, and again it was from the unknown sender

“Btw it’s Chris. Just wanted to let you know that fixing your car won’t be cheap and if you need I can always pick you up, your house isn’t listed on the paper. Well sweet dreams love.”