Olive and Arrow

Arrow One

“Come on guys, We’re all young here we should be able to walk faster than this.” Joe called as he walked ahead of us heading towards the closest beach. I laughed at my brothers behavior before looking around the resort, I stopped watching a group of teenagers playing soccer. I nudged Garbo and pointed to the group just as a girl scored causing half the group to cheer. “Guys what are you stopping… Oh hot girl.” Joe noticed the group before wandering over and stopping to watch. I shrugged looking at Garbo before following Joe.

“Ben take the toss yeah.” I waited for the guy who looked about nineteen to throw the ball to one of the guys only to be surprised to see him throw the ball to the girl who’d just scored. “Maybe throw in a fancy trick show these Brits not to mess with Aussies.” He laughed nudging the girl who spun the ball in between her hands taking a step back, I watched as she ran forward and did a flip with the ball in her hands before watching it fly across their make do field. Joe clapped as she ran into play again kicking the ball back to the boy who spoke to her, She was just about to score when he was tackled to the ground by a bulky guy who no doubt landed on her small frame causing her to cry out in pain.

“Shit.” The boy who landed on her cussed before moving off her. “You okay?” The girl sat up putting a hand to her head as he lent back on her right elbow left still against the skin on her head. I watched as she nodded standing up and helping the guy who fell on her up. “I’m so sorry I really didn’t mean it.” She just smiled at him before quickly grabbing the ball and running towards the goal, I laughed with my group of friends as she scored the goal.

“And that full time.” One of the Australians called out. “And game goes to the AUSTRALIANS.” He yelled, I smiled as all the Australians cheered a hugged one and other before congratulating the other team. “Any more challengers for the wonderful undefeated Australian team?” He asked people who’d stopped to watch them.

“Want to play?” Jack asked us. Everyone looked at each other waiting for someone to object. “We’ll play.” He yelled walking out onto their make do field. I watched as the girl turned around locking eyes with me before looking to one of the Australians who said something to her.

“Wonderful, Wonderful. You are all from America yes?” He asked walking closer to us.

“That we are, Your all Australian right?” Joe asked with a smile.

“That we are my new friends, I’m Adrian, This is Blake.” He pointed to the guy next to him. “Simon, Colton and Josh.” He pointed to the three guys closest to the girl. “And this is Annie.” She smiled as we all looked at her.

“Well I’m Joe, This is Garbo, Jack, Kevin his wife Danielle and Nick.” Joe said pointing to each of us as he said our name.

“Nice to meet you.” Adrian smiled at us before grabbing the ball from the ground. “Are you still wanting to play?” He asked before passing the ball of to Annie and Colton who started doing tricks with it laughing when they messed it up.

“We sure do.” Garbo smiled before slipping his shoes of. Everyone followed his lead of kicking of their shoes. “Who’s starting?” Garbo asked as he walked towards Adrian.

“You guys can, We’ll start in a few minutes.” Adrian smiled again passing the ball to me. I smiled in thanks before walking over to the others and got into a huddle.

“Okay guys who is going to cover who?” Kevin asked as we stood in the huddle.

“I’ll take Blake.” Joe smirked.

“I’ve got Simon, He doesn’t look as tough.” Dani smiled causing Kevin to laugh.

“I’ve got Colton.” Jack smiled looking over at the Australians who were joking around.

“I’ll take Josh.” Kevin smiled.

“I’ll take Adrian.” Garbo turned to me after he spoke. “Looks like you’ve got Annie Nick.”

“Ready?” Adrian called towards us, We all nodded and got into position.

“Hey Bennie.” Colton called when he saw me and Annie standing opposite each other. “Go easy on the kid.” He laughed before Garbo started the game. I ran forward towards Annie as Garbo passed me the ball, I smiled thinking I’d gotten past her when she stole the ball from my feet, I ran back towards her trying to get the ball back from her only to kick it out. Without even speaking a word to her team Annie picked the ball up and got ready to take the throw in, I waited for her to do another flip only she didn’t she simply tossed the ball in before running in to continue the game. By half time all the guys had their shirts of whilst Dani and Annie had their shirts of bikini tops on and hair up, We were all sweating and breathing heavy a group of fan girls had lined up around the field cheering whenever we moved. I smiled at Annie as we took our places again she smiled back before getting back into the game, I cheered with my team as we scored a goal the score becoming tied. I watched on in horror as Joe crashed into Annie sending the two of them to the ground. “Free kick.” Colton yelled. This was it the last minute of the game, Joe and Annie got up, She smiled at Joe brushing the sand of her toned stomach before setting up for the kick. I stood back and watched as she looked at Blake who nodded, She kicked the ball to Blake before running forward, I watched as he kicked it to Adrian who then kicked it to Annie, I watched again as it flew through the air Annie jumped up kicking the ball right into our made up goals. She fell onto the sand landing on her side before Colton ran and picked her up from the ground.

“AND THE AUSTRALIAN’S WIN AGAIN.” Adrian yelled before walking over to us, The others following. “Good job mate.” He smiled as he shook my hand, We all shook hands with one and other my heart sped up as Annie neared me.

“Good game.” These were the first words I’d ever heard her speak her voice was soft and sweet a smile on her face.

“You two.” I smiled internally frowning as her hand slipped out of mine. “I guess the Australians stay undefeated.” She smiled nodding her head.

“Yeah I guess we do.” She smiled before walking over to our pile of stuff. I followed on so I could grab my shirt. I smiled at all the people taking pictures of us and the others behind us.

“How did you learn to play like that?” I asked her as I grabbed my shirt pulling it over my head, She looked up from tying her laces.

“Uh, I don’t know guess I just kept at it.” She smiled causing me to smile. I nodded my head picking up my own water bottle.

“Well your good at it, Gave everyone watching quiet a show.” She smiled up at me only then had I noticed she was a few inches shorter than me.

“I think they were mostly looking at you guys instead of the game.” She smiled sweetly, Colton came up beside her smiling at me. “I guess I’ll see you around Nick.” She smiled as her and Colton walked away.

”I hope so” I whispered as she walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter