Sequel: Seth's Birthday
Status: Complete :]

Forest Green

Bet

The rest of my classes went like that. Seth would harass me about why I wouldn’t speak to him like I normally would and say outrageous things to get me to crack. I was going to stick to the original arrangement though, at least until I could get home and I could rethink my strategy. It’s like I was preparing for battle or something.

And that’s just what I did. I walked in the house, rudely ignoring my mom and stormed up to my room in a huff. I didn’t want to have to lie to her about why I was being so sour today. As soon as I closed my door “gently” I got a text from Brandon. I wasn’t sure what it said but I ignored it and turned my phone off. It was thinking time.

I kicked off my shoes and shimmied out of my jeans, it’s not like I was planning on seeing anyone for the rest of the day. Then to complete the “get comfortable” phase I scurried under my comforter.

I just laid there and thought about everything. I thought Seth was going to be a shy little mouse (what is it with me and comparing him to animals?) who would just let me be once he figured out that I wasn’t going to get all chummy with him. Ha, oh how I wish I was right. Instead he tries to threaten me into acting normal all of a sudden. He’s not as bashful as he made himself look. Can this kid get any sweeter?

Well I suppose I can act normal-ish around him. I certainly can’t flirt with him like I do with my friends. Yes I flirt with my friends, but it’s only a pretend flirt because we’re all straight except for Ryan who’s bi. And now I’m not as straight as I thought I was yesterday. But I only bend for Seth!Which is the problem…

But no fake flirting. I don’t think I could handle it. Because apparently my twisted mind decided that I had a crush on Seth Jes. That seems to be what it comes down too.

I wanted to scream so badly.

And I was about to but a knock at my door stopped me.

“Gabriel! Are you in there?” A sing-song like voice said from the other side of the door. Oh joy, Brandon came to see my mind explode.

“No! Go away!” I whined like a child because I wasn’t feeling to adult like. He tried to open the door but I had locked it before so my mom wouldn’t barge in. He wasn’t going to drag me out of my bed just to unlock the door that’s for damn sure.

“Gabe, open up. I’ll pick the lock if I have to.”

“You can do whatever you want as long as I don’t have to get out of bed!”

“Gabe.”

“Brandon.”

I heard him sigh and then footsteps so I assumed he had given up for the time being. Once again, I was wrong because about 10 minutes later there was a tap on my second story window. Brandon had climbed up a ladder.

That certainly got me out of bed. “What the hell is your problem! You could fall!” I screamed at him will running to open the window for him. Was he high or something? It’s as if he’s on a suicide mission. First he dare disturbs me and my mind rant and then he climbs a ladder to my window. The kid has more problem then I do it seems.

Once I make sure he’s safely inside and isn’t high off his ass I put my hands on my hips and look at him expectantly. And then I take my hands off my hips and cross my arms instead because the first gesture was a little to gay for me at the moment.

“I wanted to make sure you weren’t trying to off yourself or something like that,” he mumbles and I snort at his conclusion. I was having boy problems not suicidal thoughts. “Well you locked yourself in your room and you turned off your phone. Not to mention you acted like a total case today since lunch, being all silent and shit. What else was I supposed to think?”

All I can do is sigh and take a seat on my bed with Brandon following my actions. Now it’s his turn to stare at me. To tell him or not to tell him, that is the question.

I know he won’t care if I really am gay. Actually, he’d be fucking ecstatic. The summer before freshman year everyone (including me) took bets on whether or not I’d turn gay by the time I was 18. Silly me, I thought I’d be straight for the rest of my life. At the time only he and Ryan believed that I was gay and so everyone bet against them. They’ll be making some cash off of this one.

I got off of the bed and went to my pants that I had worn earlier today and took twenty dollars from my wallet and handed it to Brandon. This was as good a way as any to come out to him.

“You won.” He still looked at me quizzically. “The bet from ninth grade; you won it.” It took him a little more time before he finally realized what I was getting at. And suddenly his face lit up like a flashlight.

“Are you serious?” he asked with a smile pulling at his lips. I just glared at him and he understood. It took him a second to tackle my standing form in a bear hug, pick me up, and spin me around. Oh and I can’t forget the fact that he was hollering like a maniac. Well at least I made his day.

Once he was done having his episode he set me done but couldn’t wipe the smile off of his face. “How’d you find out?” he asked a little too excitedly. I really wanted to tell him because having all those conversations with myself was getting a little tiring. That doesn’t make it any less embarrassing.

“…I met someone…” I mumbled, slightly hoping he wouldn’t have heard. He did of course.

“Awe! Gaby’s got a crush!” he said while, once again, taking a seat on my bed. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him and sat myself down too. Apparently the glare I gave him didn’t send the message that I was trying to be serious about all of this. He kept rambling pointless questions that made me want to choke him. That is, until he finally asked the question he should’ve asked right from the get-go. “What’s his name?!” he practically screamed at me. “Is it Seth? It has to be Seth! Ever since he got here you’ve been acting like you can’t talk.” How could he have been so dead on? I grumbled out a yes and Brandon let out a squeal that made me wonder which one of us was coming out of the closet.

“But I’m not gay or bi,” I wanted that made clear, “I don’t find you or Dylan or any other guy attractive…just Seth.”

“So you’re bendy?”

“If you want to say it weirdly then yes, I’m bendy.”

“Yes! I can’t wait to tell everyone-”

“No!” if he tells anyone that I’m not gay or bi they’ll wonder who the lucky man is that caught my attention. I don’t want anyone but Brandon to know that I’m infatuated with Seth because sooner or later it would make its way around to him. I didn’t want that. “Just tell them I’m bi, okay?”

“Yeah, sure…” He seemed to have caught on to my train of thought, thankfully. “So what are you going to do about it Gabe? How are you going to wow him into going out with you?” that was an easy question to answer.

“I’m not. It’s weird enough for me that I like a boy in the first place, I don’t want a boyfriend for the first time after I’ve had a crush on one guy. It would just be too weird.”

“But you like him.”

“I don’t see your point.” Even though I thought he was being stupid in thinking I should do something about my, let’s face it, mega-crush, it still felt good that he knew. He just kind of dropped it after that. “Oh and you can’t tell anyone. Not even your mother.” After some arguing with me he agreed to my terms. The rest of the night was uneventful and we just talked like we would normally do until he left around eight at night.

I fell asleep thinking about Seth’s forest green eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
zohmagoodness. when i woke up this morning to check this i had double the amount of comments from yesterday :]
i was pretty frigging happy let me tell you

so a VERY VERY special thanks tooooooo-
reapervampire
SALVATION!!!!!!!!
flyinghighx
REI REI
reader11224 (your comment made me smile)
xkrisxkrypticx
Immortal Lover

you guys are the reason why emo boys fall in love

Comment and subscribe please? spectacular things willprobably not happen if you do :]