Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 9

For days I watched the master like a hawk, or an extremely pissed off tiger. I kept close to him for as long as possible and took up any jobs from both the Head Butler and Maid that required to be near him, much to their surprise and suspicion, but I refused to let him out of my site no matter what anyone said. My irritation shot up whenever he was away from me for more than an hour and one thing I had instantly realised after the third day was that not once had I seen him drink blood.

I chewed my lip irritably as I swept the mop over the wooden floor of the many lounge rooms, already annoyed at the fact I was currently separated from him which was inflamed by my rampaging thoughts. He knew how dangerous it was if he didn’t drink. There was no one in the house strong enough to stand against him unless the lesser vampires band together and force him to calm down. But why the hell wasn’t he feeding in the first place? Blood was a vampire's basic need, it was their food. Without it they weaken and die, but not before going stark raving mad. So why the hell won’t he feed?

“Susan?” Ella’s voice made me freeze in the middle of pulling my hair out and I looked down at the worried and inquisitive face. “Are you okay?”

“No.” I said bluntly.

She briefly looked taken aback at my sharp tone but caught herself. “What’s wrong then?”

“That bloody man is starving himself for reasons I can’t work out!” I shouted, letting my pent up rage flow. “Through his stupidity he is putting every single person in this house at risk!” Ella blinked at me in surprise as my chest heaved before I attacked the floor with the mop. “If only he would just think about what he is doing and talk to me.” I growled savagely but slowly, and much against my better nature, a frown began to form on my mouth and my anger faded. “He used to tell me everything. He’d never keep anything that was bothering him to himself.”

There was silence that followed my words, words that I would very much like to take back at how embarrassingly sentimental they sounded. But Ella did not tease me instantly unlike Mo and Sall would have done and thought carefully before she answered, as if she wanted to make me at ease.

“Maybe he can’t work out how to tell you or doesn’t even know what’s wrong?” Ella suggested. “He might even be sick! You know how men are when it comes to admitting there is something wrong.”

I laughed then stopped suddenly in embarrassment. I never laugh. Quickly I cleared my throat and focused on cleaning. “Vampires don’t get sick and I doubt he doesn’t know the reason behind his actions.” My anger began to return which put my mental state at ease. “But he isn’t going to keep it from me. I am going to find out what he’s hiding and then there will be hell to pay.”

I cast a dark look to Ella when she snorted in an attempt to stop herself from laughing. She smiled broadly at me when she noticed my glare. “I’m sorry Susan. It’s just that it has just occurred to me how close you are to the Master.”

“I’m not close to him.” I scoffed.

“You are. You insult him not only behind his back but in front of him. You question his decisions and even keep tabs on what he is doing everyday.”

“But that’s only because I’m his maid-“ I interjected uselessly as she ignored me entirely and rambled on.

“You seem to purposely annoy him and get away with things other servants would probably be killed over. And you even worry about him.”

“I do not worry about him.” I barked.

“You are worried about him now aren’t you? You want to know why he has not been confiding in you, why he isn’t feeding.”

“That is the whole house’s concern, not just my own.”

She smiled at me with a seemingly knowing smile which just rubbed me the wrong way.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“It can’t be nothing with that idiotic smile plastered on your face!”

“Well it is nothing.” Her smile continued.

I growled but gave in and turned my attention back to my task. It was then that Sall and Mo came bolting down the corridor, screaming my name. Just by seeing the shear terror on their faces, I knew what I was about to be told.

“It’s the Master.” Mo said while grabbing my hand and beginning to drag me back the way she came. “He’s lost it.”

“The damn bastard.” I growled. “How long ago?”

“Only a few minutes. The young master has been wounded though is trying to keep him under control but no one else wants to go near him.”

“And that's not it Susan.” Sall said, her voice shaking slightly. “He is demanding for you and you only.”

Shock flashed over my face at what Sall told me then dread closely followed.

Well that can’t be good.