Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 13

I folded the laundry I took from the line that stood in the open from the maze like garden in a pondering silence with Ella beside me who was glancing now and then at my thoughtfully dark expression. The news of the Master not being the true clan leader, who was in fact his psychotic mother, made me nervous and had been bothering me for the last couple of days. Arnold didn’t say anymore on the subject, partially because we very rarely found a place to speak privately but also that he had nothing more to say. He had told me all he knew, who the Mother was, her bloodthirsty nature, the Master's involvement and why the werewolves are baying for the Ancient’s blood. He had also told me what was to be done which was nothing, something I did not agree with at all.

As I pondered with a deep frown on the inevitable events that were stampeding towards me, Ella’s voice came from beside me.

“Are you well Susan?” She asked with concern. “If you still need rest I can work on this on my own.”

I looked at her sharply, trying to smother out the events with the Master from a few nights ago and batter down the blush that was starting to creep up on my face. Just remembering the master biting me was enough to create a hot rush that flooded my body and heat curled in the pit of my stomach.

“I am well Ella so don’t worry.” I said quickly and sharply changed the subject to something I found less humiliating. “How is Alphonse doing? I heard you have been doing a good job at nursing him back to health.”

What I didn’t expect was a bright red shade to claim my young charge’s face which seemed to glow unaided from the bright lights surrounding us and her words to stammer out of her mouth.

“H-he is well.” She said simply though with much effort.

I stared at her for a moment as she busied herself with organising the sheets into neat piles.

“What’s with the blush and stutter?” I asked in my usual blunt way which seemed to make her freeze and look at me quickly.

“I am not blushing!” Her voice went up an octave when she said this.

I just gave her a very level look at her blatant lie which she then ducked her head under her blond hair to hide her face. I couldn’t help but laugh quietly at her school girl shyness which she seemed to take offense from.

“There is no need to laugh at me.” She said, pouting slightly.

“I’m just laughing at the absurdity of the situation.”

“There is no situation. I don’t like him, not like the way you’re thinking anyway.” She said stubbornly.

“Ha! That’s a lie Ella, even I of all people can see that.”

I glanced at her from the corner of my eye and noticed the nervousness in the way she stood and decided I had probably done enough teasing. When a pang in the back of mind, a feeling like hunger gnawing in the pit of my stomach, told me I was needed urgently somewhere else. I quickly folded the last sheet and put it on the pile.

“The Master needs me Ella so I must go. I will send the first person I see out to help.” I said.

She shook her head, her cheeks still glowing pink faintly. “I will be okay. There is not much left to do.”

I nodded in agreement then turned to leave though stopped when Ella’s hand darted out and took hold of my sleeve. She was looking at the floor with her head bowed, refusing to look me in the eye.

“Promise not to tell anyone about this.”

“Tell anyone about what?”

“That...that I like the young master.” She admitted with defeat.

I looked at the blond mop of hair and sighed heavily. “You have my word Ella.” She looked up at me and smiled weakly and then let me go to turn back to her task.

As I was leaving I called to her. “You do have a chance with him by the way but be very careful. He may be the wrong choice.”

I didn’t bother to wait for her reply or see her face. I just knew I had to keep her close to me when the Mother wakes. As an Ancient pure blood, she would be in hysterics when she finds out her grandson just might choose a human girl for a mate and I had no idea how strong this woman was. It will be hard keeping Ella safe I knew that much. The girl had grown on me. She was kind and quiet after she settled down, and I liked having someone to care for, someone who turned to me and was not scared by my odd position in the household. By the time these thoughts had run their marathon around my mind I had reached the study of the Master. I didn’t bother to knock and stepped into the room without hesitating. The Master looked up at me instantly from his place behind the oak desk and leaned back in his chair.

“I was wondering how much longer I could keep my hunger from you.” He said, smiling broadly.

I glared with annoyance. The Master had adapted quickly to the ‘bond’ that was now between us. While he felt every emotion that so much as flickered into existence in me, I could not feel anything from him unless it was strong enough to break through the barrier he had put up. I, quite frankly, found it extremely unfair.

He laughed and stood, knowing my irritation with him not only from the bond but from the hostile glare that was on my face. He approached me and I had to grip my body mentally from running away, knowing what was going to happen now.

The smiled was now gone from his face and replace by a very stern look that made me avert my eyes, not liking the intensity of his dark gaze. I was taken aback when, instead of gripping my shoulders, he took my hand gently and held it so my palm was facing upwards. Very slowly he gently slide a hardened claw over my skin and let the blood flow freely from me hand. I knew this way of feeding. This was exactly how he fed when I was a child and, until recently, I never understood why.

A chuckle suddenly emitted from him and I glanced up only to be caught firmly by his eyes. There was mirth now in them and a new, stronger, emotion which, even in the bond, I could not understand.

“What?” I snapped.

“You want me to bite you.”

I felt my face flush and contort into a mask of anger, hiding my embarrassment. “I do not want you to bite me!” I shouted. The cocky smile on his face told me he knew otherwise which only made my anger boil nearly to its limit. “Hurry up and feed before you cover the carpet in fresh blood!” I snapped. “I don’t particularly want to clean that mess up again.”

He gave me one last smile before his head dipped and his lips met the skin of my palm. I focused my attention on the lavish paintings that were hung on the wall, trying to ignore the feeling of his mouth and tongue at work on my hand which proved very difficult. It was over much faster than when he bit me and I swear I felt him press his lips against my hand before he pulled away. I glanced at my hand which was completely unharmed as always.

“Anything else?” I asked, glaring up at him with as much venom as I could muster.

He just smiled and shook his head. “Sadly no.” He said which earned a frown of displeasure from me.

I suddenly came to alert when Lucius’s face changed from amused to stern in a second flat. His head snapped to the window and low hiss ripped out from his throat.

“What is it?” I asked.

He didn’t have time to reply when a young vampire came bursting through the door. My eyes widened at the blood that was spattered on his clothes and claw wounds on his arms and face. While I stared in shock the Master gave him a hard look, his eyes filled with fury.

“They came didn’t they.” Lucius stated.

The vampire nodded hesitantly. “We tried to stop them taking her.”

“The Mother is unharmed. If anyone approached that door I would know about it.”

“No, not her. The new one, the maid.” He stammered.

The blood in my face drained. “Ella? They took Ella?” I asked evenly.

As soon as he nodded I flew into a stream of obscenities and tried to leave but was held firmly against the Master’s chest. I struggled but it was no use. He was far too strong for me so instead I heaved in angry breaths while I listened to the Master and the lower vampire talk.

“What happened exactly?” The Master demanded.

“Well I was out in the maze with a couple others when we heard the wail of a child and when we went to investigate we saw her running towards the edge of the grounds. It was then that we smelt them and went to try to stop her but she ran straight into their dirty little paws and took off with her. We killed any left behind and,” he swallowed heavily and continued. “We lost Rick.” He finished and a heavy silence followed quickly.

“Why? Why that maid?” The Master asked, not bothering to smother his confusion at the kidnapping of a maid, someone who would be killed if they disobeyed. He then looked at the vampire firmly. “And why did you lot risk your lives to protect a maid if they were fleeing the grounds?”

I saw him gulp nervously; hesitating on giving the Master the answer he wanted.

“She is important Lucius.” I said in his place. I held the Master’s gaze firmly when his eyes turned down on me. “Alphonse is in love with her.”

A growl rumbled out his throat and his eyes snapped up. “Go sort out Rick’s remains and send Arnold to me now.” He demanded.

The vampire didn’t hesitate and fled the room as if his life depended on it. I remained in the Master’s arms as his grip tightened around me.

“What do we do?” I asked as calmly as I could.

“We act quickly.” He replied darkly. “Because if we don’t we will be bringing back a dead body and a broken heart to my nephew.”