Lust For Her Master's Blood

Chapter 18

As soon as I scrubbed my hair until it hurt and rubbed my body down, I stepped out from the bathroom turned sauna and instantly came into a problem.

I had sensed that a maid had flittered in and out of the room during my bath. What she had been doing was not obvious until I saw the stripped bed and fresh clothes laid out on top of the naked quilt. And it was the clothes that caused the problem. It was a simple combination of jeans and white shirt, nothing fancy or revealing in the slightest.

However they were not my uniform.

I stared down at the clothes in confusion. For my whole life I had been dressed in the black dress and silly white frilly apron. I remember it embarrassed me at first however that quickly changed after it became like my second skin. I even wore one to central Europe much to Arnold’s horror.

My features slowly changed to disdain and then realisation. If I was given regular clothes then my status within the house must have changed. I did not like that one bit and the Master was going to get an earful of cursing and shouting if he thought I was going to give up my job. It was the one thing that kept me occupied during the day and was the only thing I knew for eleven years.

But the shouting would have to wait. I wanted to find Ella and make sure she was well and that required that I be dressed. With much grumbling and vowing to murder Lucius and then commit suicide, I pulled the jeans up and roughly buttoned up my shirt. Dressed and barefoot I left my temporary nursing room and sought out my little charge and long time friends.

With my new heighted vampire senses, which was quite frankly no different from using the Matter and quite annoying that I could not control the level of each sense, I listened to the house with interest. It was strange hearing the heart beats and feeling the house buzzing with life. I had always thought that this place was dull and quiet however my vamp nerves were proving me utterly wrong.

It did not take me long to fish out the voice of Ella, Sall and Mo from the sea of noisy chaos and swiftly made my way downstairs. I forced myself to ignore the bows and curtsies I received from my fellow slaves and tried my best from turning around and snapping at them to stop it. It unnerved me that they were treating me this way. I was one of them, I am one of them. All that has changed was that I was a Black blood and even more tied to the Master. If anything I have become even less free than they are.

I rapidly walked into the room my friends were working in and slammed the door behind me to shut the stares out. I breathed heavily a couple of times before a whirled round to face them.

They stood there to the spot, obviously shocked about my sudden and forceful appearance although nearly all at once they leapt into action.

Ella flew at me and flung her arms around my waist with tears streaming down her face while Sall and Mo stood with demanding questions. My old friends were speaking in such loud and angry voices that they merged into one garbled mess.

“Shush people!” I said loudly so they could hear me. “I cannot understand you when you speak at the same time.”

“Where the hell did you go?” Mo demanded. “One moment you were working with Ella then the house was in an uproar for a good few hours and we couldn’t find either of you. And then the next thing we know we hear that you were on the brink of death!”

Sall was nodding her head firmly with as much anger on her face as a rabbit could display which was not very threatening in the slightest.

“Did Ella not explain anything?”

“All she said to us was that she blacked out when she went to find a hurt child and woke up with a bunch of scruffy men saying something about killing the Master.”

I sighed heavily while patting Ella’s head gently. “She was taken by werewolves to force the Master to do as they demanded. We could not do what they wanted so we went to save her. It turned out it was also a set up to kill the Master and in an attempt to protect those who were still alive I joined the fight. I was shot by a witch in the end.”

Ella stiffened then stepped back quickly with sorrow in her eyes. “You were shot by your own kind? Why would she do that?”

I averted my eyes from her face, unnerved by her obvious concern, and walked quickly over to one of the silk cushioned chairs of the lounge. “She had a contract that needed fulfilling. Un-Claimed witches will allow themselves to be hired as assassins of the Old World and fight other clans, packs and prides. They kill whatever target they are given mercilessly even if it is one of their own. It was business and nothing more.” I explained.

Ella frowned firmly, not liking what I had said. Sall patted her back in comfort and shook her head when Ella looked up at her. Sall knew my mind well and heard many of the witch ways when we grew up together in my attempt to remember everything my parents had taught me. She knew that I saw what the witch did was logical and held no grudge against her even if Sall did not agree with it in the slightest.

“And how did you survive? From what I heard from the servants you were pouring blood all over the floor in floods of the stuff which I conclude you should really be dead.” Mo asked as bluntly as I would have.

I pressed my lips firmly together, not wanting to tell them. I did not want them to treat my like I was a member of the vampire Clan, even though I doubted slightly that it would even occur to them.

Seeing my nervous hesitation, Mo and Sall looked at each other with concern. Nervousness was something I had never shown before. I was much too upfront and demanding to be nervous.

“What happened?” Sall asked gently, trying to coax an answer out of me.

It worked. “I am a Black blood.” I stated.

There was a heavy pause before Sall and Mo exploded into a series of questions and swearing. It was only when Ella spoke that they quietened.

“What is a Black blood?” She asked.

They turned to stare at her in shock before they realised there was no reason for her to know. She was a newbie after all.

“Listen carefully Ella,” Sall began. “There are different ‘bloods’ in the vampire society. The different coloured blood tells a vampire everything they need to know about them. A Red blood is the most common vampire. They have human heritage in their family somewhere and the more human blood, the weaker the vampire. Blue bloods are royalty in a way, just like the Master and the young master. Their blood is untouched by humans which makes them stronger than the average vampire. Blue bloods also have the ability of creating vampires by mixing their blood with a human. This human becomes a vampire or a Black blood. They are unable to walk in daylight hours and they appear just as they did as they were human, ugly or not. They must also drink the blood of their creator or eventually go insane and become what we call a Parasite or Grey blood. Witches hunt them.” She explained.

“Don’t forget the Silver blood.” I growled as the image of Eva smiling stupidly at me popped into my head.

“And the Silver blood. Very rare and extraordinary vampires they are. They can walk in sunlight without being burnt and kill just by thinking it however their physical strength is that of a human child. And that is all of them.” She smiled broadly as she finished her quick analysis of the blood structure.

Ella blinked slowly then looked at me carefully.

“So you’re now a Black blood.” She stated quizzically.

I nodded my head in confirmation. “That is what I am now.”

“You are not human in any way.”

“No. Not anymore.”

She paused in a thoughtful silence and then all of a sudden she launched herself at my face and stuffed her fingers in my mouth to pry my jaw open. I managed to recover from my initial shock and grasped her hands to stop her unwarranted abuse, holding them from my face.

“What are you doing?” I demanded.

“If you are a vampire you would have fangs. Show them.” She replied firmly.

“Why?” I asked in utter confusion.

“Because if you are a vampire then you wouldn’t be a witch anymore.”

I swallowed. She was worried about me losing my heritage as much as I am. I glanced back at Sall and Mo and saw the concern hovering about them. All this worry over me and my bloodline was very disconcerting. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“We don’t know that for sure yet.” I said heavily, my voice thick with doubt.

Ella continued to stare at me firmly and refusing to step away from. It was this silent and continuous attack that broke my will.

“Fine! I will show you!” I snapped then mumbled quickly. “Although I don’t know how.”

“Blood should do the trick.” Mo said with a sharp shrug and then lifted up her dress to find the pocket knife she kept tied to her leg for safe keeping.

“You are not going to cut yourself, are you?” I said in disbelief.

“Just a small nick.” Then, without hesitation, she swept the blades point over the tip of her finger.

I smelt blood instantly when it swelled in a small blob on her finger. She approached me and waved the blood in front of my nose. She kept doing this with Ella staring at me until my teeth elongated.

A strange craving began to gnaw in the pit of my stomach and I had to stop myself from launching myself at that small crop of blood my whole being was starting to crave. I then felt my teeth slowly lengthen until they were prodding my lower lip gently. Confused I touched the tip of my sharp canines with my tongue and tugged at them with my fingers. Ella moaned with despair at the sight of my fangs.

“You can’t be a vampire.” She muttered to herself as she stepped back.

Sall patted her back gently again and gave me a sympathetic look, almost as if she was grieving for me.

“Stop staring at me as if I am dead.” I snapped, not liking their sympathy and understanding of my need to continue being a witch.

“I’m not.” Mo stated.

“I know you’re not.” I said with a glare. “You’re too much like me sometimes.”

Mo smiled at my comment, agreeing instantly.

My focus was forced elsewhere when the velvety voice of the Master filled my head.

'We need to talk. Come to the study.' He said simply then roughly cut off the link only he could open.

I frowned with displeasure but stood to leave all the same.

“I will go find out what the Master wants.” I said and made my way to the door. “I will be back to tell you what has happened to me as soon as I can if you lot are so worried about it.”

I waved a sharp farewell and left rapidly before they could say anything. Their concern made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, a feeling I was not used to and it really threw me off. I shook my head sharply and strode away from the door and down the hallways towards the master’s study, without realising I was praying my heritage had not been stolen from me with every step I took.