Status: c0mmEnt aND SuBSribe!☺

The Snake in the Shadows

Burn, Burn, Burn, The Burning Stone of Fire.

"We're going, and that is final."

Ginny Potter was speaking with her husband about the upcoming Gala for underprivileged witches and wizards. Harry didn't get why it was important for them to attend; they were donating money no matter what. "It just seems a waste of time."

Albus came into the kitchen at that moment. "What?"

"The Gala tomorrow night." Ginny sighed drying the dishes with a flick of her wand.

"Oh," Albus said picking up an apple and taking a bite. "Mum I've been meaning to tell you, River and I are supposed to go in place of her parents. They'll be in France for something or another that day."

"Really? That sounds lovely." Ginny said surprised, she then turned to her husband. "Now we must go."

Harry opened his mouth to retort but the kitchen was filled with another. "Hey Al have you seen my pink th-" River began but stopped apron seeing Albus' parents. "Oh, am I interrupting?"

"Not at all Dear." Ginny smiled as she gave her husband a stern look to not press the issue.

"Mum says she's fine with tomorrow." Al said to his now beaming girlfriend.

"That's splendid! I will owl Mum and she'll send Mr. Flagsworth over for measurements." River clapped happily then disappeared out the door and probably up to tell Holly.

"The tailer?" Ginny asked. The whole morning was full of surprises. He was worldly known in the Wizardring World, and quite expensive. Ginny was unaware the children knew him let alone the fact he made house calls.

"Unfortunately. The bugger sticks me every time..."Albus grumbled leaving as well.

This time Harry wasn't alone when he felt he didn't really know his son; Ginny felt her heart tug as well.

***********************************

"Ow, dammit!" Albus swore under his breath as Scorpius and his cousin, Fred, laughed at his amusement.

"Beauty is pain." The Frenchmen mumbled as he continued to pin Albus' dress robes. "Now, zis length works wondars on your body shape." He continued stepping back to look at Albus fully. Mr. Flagsworth turned to River. "Don't you agree, Miss? Your dress is green so I believe we can make his bow tie zee same green satin, and his vest the same black satin as zee robes."

"Sounds lovely. How long do you think?" River asked.

"Zey will be delivered in the morning." He promised gathering his things and quickly apparating away.

Things were rather quiet for the rest of the day because the boys of the house excused themselves for a game of quiddich outside. Naturally James and Albus were on opposing teams and Albus' side was winning. Last year Albus damaged his knee in a match against Gryffindor, so when James took a hit at that same knee today, Albus came crashing down causing his team to lose.

James didn't mean to cause his younger brother that much pain, but instead knock him off his game a little. "Shit, Albus I didn't mean too. I swear I wasn't try-"

"Give him a little space, yeah?" Scorpius demanded glaring and then shoving the elder Potter back. "You've done enough damage." Scorpius glanced at his withering friend on the ground. "They only thing to do is fix that with magic, mate. For that to happen you need to tell your Mum."

Albus sighed and sat up wincing, "I'm fine." Scorpius huffed and gave him a look but helped him stand none the less. "And no one tells River."

****************************************

River sat on the sofa in the front room braiding Lily's hair. "Thank you river, I love it like this. It's nice having you around."

River smiled sweetly at the third year. Lily was so adorable it was impossible to not like her. "It's nice to be around. You are like the little sister I always wanted."

Lily blushed at the older girl's kind words. River looked towards the kitchen to see Albus helping his Mum and Grandmother. "Just put that bowl in the cupboard, son." Molly said softly, wiping her hands on her apron. Albus nodded and did as told, wincing as he limped lightly.

River tied off Lily's hair and her eyes narrowed. "Albus Potter you are limping. You've blown that knee again; get over here now." She demanded loudly and angrily. She then added in a softer tone, "Lily can you get a bag of ice?"

Lily nodded quickly and Albus turned around rolling his eyes. "Riv, I'm fine." Holly at that moment ran by and lightly jabbed it to prove the point. Al bent over and let out a string of curses under his breath.

"NOW, Albus." She said snapping her fingers at the sofa after she stood and placed the other hand on her hip. Ginny watched the couple from the doorway confused as to what was going on. She then gasped once River got Albus to sit down and roll up the leg of his sweats. His knee was a dark purple and swollen. "What business do you have walking on this?"

Ginny walked over to them. "What did you do?" She asked kneeling down and gingerly touching around it.

"I was playing Quiddich outside and James may of sideswiped it. It's not a big de-"

"What did I say about those boys? They cheat every damned time and I'm always putting you back together."

Ginny ignored the language but smiled slightly at the girls words. She was like Albus' wife already and she generally cared for him. Lily then came back with the ice. "Was it hurt before?"

"Why yes!" River exclaimed annoyed. "By those bloody Gryffindors. They say Slytherins cheat, well Merlin look at that rotten bunch."

Ginny nodded and took the ice from Lily and placed it on his knee and Albus hissed. "Lil, go get the bandage from the bathroom. I fix it with a spell, but your brother is still going to hurt."
Lily did as told and Ginny pulled out her wand.
'Episky."

Albus' knuckles turned white from him holding tight fists as he felt the burning sensation in his knee before it would cool. "Thanks, Mum." he bit out and Ginny smiled a little, sad to see her little boy in a lot of pain.

Ginny then stood and went up the stairs to see River move to Albus' side and her mother watching them. "Why didn't you tell me love? I would of...."

The conversation dwindled away as Ginny went further up the stares to James' room. "James Sirius what were you thinking? You could've seriously hurt your brother..."

********************************************

Albus shifted the weight off his left leg as he felt his knee becoming uncomfortable. It was repaired from the spell but it still felt off. It was the next evening and he was getting ready for the Gala. "Albus love, the car will be here any moment, we need to go!" River called.

Albus sighed and rushed down the stairs to her. "I'm comming." He froze for a moment and smiled. River looked as breathe-taking and elegant as ever. Her hair was pinned up messily, yet beautifully and her eyes were covered in a smokey seductive way. But the dress it what caught Albus' eye. It was floor length satin and exposed her back. The bodice was loose but formfitting and the skirt was long. The neck line was deep enough to peak as her lovely cleavage. If Albus were to have his way they'd never leave the house, because he was ready to tear the teasing dress off now. "You look absolutely amazing love."

She smiled then laughed at his appearance. "You aren't even dressed!" His pants were on, and his white under shirt and suspenders, but his dress shirt or robes weren't. With his hair pushed back she felt just as lustful for the sexy appearance of her lover as he did her; if they didn't get laid this Holiday, one of them would snap. She reached over and took the clothing from his hands, and gingerly helped him put on the shirt.

Percy then walked in and caught the glimpse of something on the boy's arm. Percy's eye's widened and he quickly excited the the room of the oblivious couple, his suspicions rising.

Albus was soon dressed so he leaned over and kissed River's lips. She soon returned the gesture and placed her arms around his neck as they then began to snog in the middle of the front room. Someone cleared there throat causing them to pull away. River and Albus looked up, River's cheeks red.

Ginny stood with Harry, the both of them looking as elegant as ever. "River you look splendid, and Albus you look nice as well." Ginny complemented.

"He looks handsome, Gin." Molly said from behind them. "Your young man looks handsome. Now come here you two." She said beckoning the children closer. "I was going to wait, but now is as good as time as any."

She handed Al a small box and he opened it, brow furrowed. "Your necklace, Grandma?"

Molly licked her lips. "Arther gave it to me when we first got married. It's not any old necklace, when the barer is in the presence of their true love it glows like their heart."

"We can't except this." River gushed, shaking her head.

Molly gave them a stern look. "You can and you will. Arther had passed away almost four years now, and Albus was his favorite." Albus smiled sadly at that. "He'd want to see you have it, to see it light up again."

"Thank you." Albus said shocked. His Grandfather related to and knew him best out of his family. But it worried Albus, what if he put it on River and it didn't glow? Did she not love him, or were they not meant to be? River felt his same worries.

"Go ahead. Put it on her." Molly encouraged.

Albus took a deep breath and did as told. River turned to look at him. Nothing happened. The red rock stayed dim and lifeless.

"Oh, Maybe I was wrong..."Molly mumbled. River's eyes dimmed at Albus and they both looked sad. Ginny and Harry exchanged a glance. All the sudden the rock began to glow, brighter than even Molly remembered. "I did know it! I'm never wrong! I can spot a love like that a mile away!"

River giggled at her excitement and Albus smiled. They really were meant for it all. "Forever then." he mumbled.

She nodded and lightly kissed him. They're night could only get better after this.

*******************************************

"They have it, my Lord. They have the fiery stone." The servant said bowing.

Lord Voldemort chuckled. "You have served me well, Rose Weasley. Together they boy will lead us to the top."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is long. I meant to cut it off a while ago, but oh well. Comment. Things happened in this one. What do you think Percy saw?
What River saw when Albus came down the stairs.

River's Dress

River's Hair

The Necklace

xoxo

Vixen