Status: Story up for adoption, meaning I'm looking for a co-writer to take over since I no longer want to, please message me if you are interested!

New Neighbor

Chattering

After my blissful revenge on Enrique, things in my small town and quiet neighborhood seemed to be just as normal as ever. Until one overcast day when I was helping out at the bookstore with my mother, Lucy was out of town that week and I filling in for her.

The bell above the door jiggled and I looked up from my book on the ancient greeks, to see a strange sight. A flock of teenage girls, giggling and chattering like monkey's. They were all decked out in way too short jean shorts and glittered, pink and purple tee shirts. They wore way too much makeup for their age-which was probably 12 or 13-and it was poorly done.

My brows pulled together, these girls certainly did not live in town. No one dressed like that who lived there and considering my mother knew almost everyone I would have known them if they did.

"Um, can I help you?" I raised an eyebrow, setting my book down, but holding my place with a finger.

The tallest one, with curly blonde hair turned to me looking me up and down. She scoffed at what I assumed to my outfit, which consisted of a jean crops and a bottom up red, plaid shirt.

"We're like, looking for magazines?" She said in a valley girl way, rolling her eyes.

"Well if you read the sign, this is a bookstore not a magazine store, if you want one you have to go over to the drug store or the mini mart" I said pointing across the street at the two buildings.

"We just came from there, all's there is there is boring old people stuff" It was my turn to roll my eyes. Our town didn't really keep with the rest of america, we didn't like the drama of celebrities, we didn't care about the latest fashions or hottest guys. So just didn't involve ourselves. Heck I couldn't tell who was the best pop artist was, and truthfully, I didn't care. Oldies were and would always be my favorite.

"Well I'm sorry then, there's nothing I can do about it" I hoped down from the stool I was sitting on an walked out from behind the counter and past them, smirking at the fact I towered over all of them. Grabbing a book on Cleopatra in the Ancient History section I returned to my on the stool and resumed my studies.

I kept my eye's down, but listened intently to their conversion.

"I can't believe he would like live in a place like this, it's so...boring. Like talk about hickvile" I resented that! We may have been quiet and less involved, but we sure as hell weren't hicks!

"I know, like did you see that girls outfit, talk about ugly and her hair is just like bad" I ground my teeth together, my hair was not 'bad'. Yes it was just pulled back into a pony tail, but still it was washed, brushed and healthy.

"Well we came all the way out here, how are we gonna like find him?"

"Maybe we should ask hick girl over there"

"Who are you looking for?" I asked still keeping my eyes on the page in fornt of me.

"You know it's rude to like listen in on our talks" I glanced up at miss attitude, she had a hand placed on her hip like she was all that. I laughed and shook my head. I hopped down once again and went over to her.

"It's also rude to call other's names and insult their looks and town" I crossed my arms over my chest stopping an inch from her. Looking down on her, smirking.

"Now tell me who your looking for, or get out of my shop"

"Enrique Iglesias, duh!"

what?
♠ ♠ ♠
What yall think? I tried to make the girl as teeny bopper and valley girl as I could. Please comment!

Thanks to His. Southern. Liar!!! impact.is.inevitable(Love your profile layout!)!!! xkrisisitx!!! Alison Wonderland!!! and ladyantebellum!!!!